Survivor. Are you watching?

After what, 20 season's of Survivor, how does anyone go on this show without knowing how to make a fire? Why would you depend on winning flint or stealing it from the other team (I've no prob w/the stealing part, it just isn't necessary). Srsly. Bring a pair of glasses and start a fire that way. It just isn't that hard to do.

Well. . . .seriously it ISN'T that easy to do from scratch and it is an acquired skill. But I would be damned if I went on Survivor without the skill to make fire, to build a shelter, to know what among the native plants were edible and what were not, etc.

One thing I've always wondered about are the chickens which the tribes generally do not eat, at least at first, but keep for the eggs. Now it's been awhile since I dealt with chickens, but I seem to recall that the best laying hen laid approximately one egg a day. So at most you're going to get a couple of eggs a day from two chickens and even that is iffy. How does a tribe of six or more people divide up a couple of eggs?

It's fairly easy if you get kindling/dried grass, sunshine and glasses. I've done it before while camping and it just wasn't all that hard. But if not that then read a book, practice and - just like the guys did - you have fire! It's seriously dumb for anyone to go on Survivor at this point and not know basic stuff. Of course, where would the fun be in that if everyone knew? :lol:

Scrambled? :D

Is that debate tonight the same time as Survivor?

What does it say about me if I watch Survivor instead of Santorum?

Is that debate tonight the same time as Survivor?

What does it say about me if I watch Survivor instead of Santorum?

Just says that Survivor is a far sight more interesting, entertaining, and less frustrating than a bunch of politicians repeating memorized sound bites. :)

I will probably watch the debate though, unless Hombre is dead set against it, and be recording Survivor on the DVR so we can watch it and zap the commercials later. Or more likely we'll watch Survivor live, be recording American Idol on DVR, and I'll catch the debate on the rerun later on in the evening. :)

Colton isn't gay. He is a lesbian in a man's body.

Most pathetic contestant I've ever seen play the game. He gives an all new meaning to the term, needy.

Most pathetic contestant I've ever seen play the game. He gives an all new meaning to the term, needy.

After being shunned by the chicks, Colton came through and helped the dudes win immunity. The women are struggling to put it mildly.

After being shunned by the chicks, Colton came through and helped the dudes win immunity. The women are struggling to put it mildly.

They have been on the island for over a week now and anytime the camera is on that boy he is doing one of two things.

Whining or literally nothing

He needs to grow some damn backbone. That idol won't protect him for long with this attitude.

Last edited:

They have been on the island for over a week now and anytime the camera is on that boy he is doing one of two things.

He needs to grow some damn backbone. That idol won't protect him for long with this attitude.

One would think, but, he may be kept around for the ratings. I like to think that the show is not scripted that much but I am sure that liberties are taken with certain outcomes.

One would think, but, he may be kept around for the ratings. I like to think that the show is not scripted that much but I am sure that liberties are taken with certain outcomes.

I'm thinking they're making those hidden idols too easy to find and then when this one is found it has to be given to the other side? That DID seem a bit fishy. Who else would the girls be giving it to?

Yup. Almost impossible to decipher what may be real and what is edited in just for entertainment value. The fact that everybody is focused on one unique character makes him very valuable for CBS's ratings. :)

Yup. Almost impossible to decipher what may be real and what is edited in just for entertainment value. The fact that everybody is focused on one unique character makes him very valuable for CBS's ratings. :)

When they concentrate on one person that much, it either means he's the next to go or he lasts to the end. Given that he has the idol and now has an actual guy alliance, I'm going with the latter.

When they concentrate on one person that much, it either means he's the next to go or he lasts to the end. Given that he has the idol and now has an actual guy alliance, I'm going with the latter.

It was interesting that the girls rejected him, wasn't it? If I had been leading the ladies' tribe, I would have cautioned everybody to watch what they said around him and not divulge any information useful to the guys, but would have encouraged his continued presence and developed him as a useful spy to help the girls. I don't know how obvious to the girls his feelings of not fitting in with the guys was though. Presumably the participants aren't privy to all the stuff we see.

I watched the first 2 eps.

Glad they got rid of the BS "Redemption Island' feature.

Can't wait for The Merge.

The setup of men vs woman is assine on-it's-face.

The men will win the immunity challenges at least 75% of the time on average. And decimate the woman tribe.

(just like a tribe made up of young people would do against older people)

Do they think these things out???

I think they think it through. I think they put together the scenario that will squeeze out all the sparks and drama possible out of a group of strangers.

And I'm not sure whether all of us are entertainment afficionados or numbnuts because we buy into it. :)

The men will win the immunity challenges at least 75% of the time on average. And decimate the woman tribe.

They did the old versus young in a recent season.

The older team was doing so badly that they had to reshuffle the deck to even things out a few challenges into the season.

The older team was doing so badly that they had to reshuffle the deck to even things out a few challenges into the season.

I remember the old vs young setup. A fiasco.

I would like them to do Conservatives vs Liberals.

Conservatives vs Liberals? What would they do for challenges? Campaign?

Conservatives vs Liberals? What would they do for challenges? Campaign?

Both sides would probably blather on with partisan talking points and when neither side wins an argument, start cussin' and calling each other vile names.

When that one woman found the immunity idol and it said it had to be given to someone on the other tribe . . . she could have just reburied it somewhere else, somewhere harder to find and just gone on her merry way.

Watch, since the women gave Colton the boot he'll turn into a shifty player who will call the shots, at least for awhile.

The line challenge? I though the women would have had that one in the bag but no they couldn't even figure out that one. Idiots.

The camp challenge of untying all those ropes? As soon as the guy read that the women should have been all over that thing instead of waiting until he was done reading it all. Did they steal the axe back yet?

Dumb, dumb, dumb getting rid of Nina and keeping the ditzy blond. Why do they get rid of the strong players so early? Morons.

This season is not thrilling me at all, the women will just get wiped out because physically they just can't compete w/ the guys. Survivor is looking for gimmicks to keep it fresh, I get that . . . but this isn't working.

Forum List

Back