Survivor. Are you watching?

I love Survivor. It was the first of the reality shows and it is still the best.

I love Survivor. It was the first of the reality shows and it is still the best.

Well welcome to the Survivor thread Tony. I think it is among my favorites too, but I also look forward to the Amazing Race almost as much.

I like all the competition shows. Can't wait for "Worst Cooks in America" that starts next week. :) And I like the talent competitions.

I wonder when Hells Kitchen will start again. Love that one. And Big Brother.
Anyway..WOOT!! Survivor tonight!

I like Hell's Kitchen too. And Chopped. And Guy and Rachel's Celebrity Cook off. And the great Food Truck race and such and Master Chef. Have you caught any of the Cutthroat Kitchen series on the Food Network? Really silly but fun.

Big Brother, I'll have to admit that I've watched some as I have watched Bachelor/Bachelorette some Monday nights and Bachelor Pad is similar to Big Brother but more raunchy, but in truth, I can feel my IQ dropping when I watch some of those shows. :)

Do like Biggest Loser though. And the singing competitions. And the dancing competitions. And AGT.

Very seldom I'll sit down and watch any sitcom or TV drama though. Maybe an old M.A.S.H. show or a Columbo once in awhile.

I like Hell's Kitchen too. And Chopped. And Guy and Rachel's Celebrity Cook off. And the great Food Truck race and such and Master Chef. Have you caught any of the Cutthroat Kitchen series on the Food Network? Really silly but fun.

Big Brother, I'll have to admit that I've watched some as I have watched Bachelor/Bachelorette some Monday nights and Bachelor Pad is similar to Big Brother but more raunchy, but in truth, I can feel my IQ dropping when I watch some of those shows. :)

Do like Biggest Loser though. And the singing competitions. And the dancing competitions. And AGT.

Very seldom I'll sit down and watch any sitcom or TV drama though. Maybe an old M.A.S.H. show or a Columbo once in awhile.

Big Brother....one of my favorites....I don't like Bachelor/Bachelorette....they are way not real, but Big Brother is real....they let their true selfs come out. We found that out last year....

Well what do you know....the brainiacs finally won a challenge. I still don't like them, especially for keeping that "nuclear engineer" who is another Brandon (Russell's nephew) ....tossing the rice. I feel sorry for Spenser, being the only guy with three women and two of them sort of spacey.

Have you caught any of the Cutthroat Kitchen series on the Food Network?

Best epi was when that guy had to cook pancakes on the BACKSIDE of the pan. :lol:
Love that show.

Now, about Survivor. I thought this was a boring epi, myself. However, sending Bryce home was a good move cuz he is SMART. Very savvy, social wise. He was dangrous. So I hope he took it the way Survivor works....which is get rid of the threats. That is a compliment to him because he COULD have done some damage.

I think the Brains are really idiots. They keep the moron that tossed the rice in the sand in a hissy fit. Dumb move. Dumb.

Nobody at this time is standing out enough for me to root for. Yet.

I haven't picked any favorites yet either. I think they're making a mistake using so much time in boring conversations with each other--they could establish the strategy with much less time allowing more time for the contestants to talk to us like they used to so we would get to know them. And they should do two challenges--one for reward, one for immunity.

Just watched the first episode. Was the most entertaining one ive seen in years.

I don't watch the show, and after last nights pitiful performance of the singers on American Idol, I don't plan to watch that show again....:eusa_hand: Their song selections did nothing to enhance what might have been a good performance. Only one has a voice I like and that is the rock singer. Long live rock -and -roll. :thup:

I AM loving The Voice. It won an Emmy last year, and the show, singers and panel, are living up to this year's expectations.

Same number of players--just split between three tribes instead of two. I don't think it is the threeway split that makes it difficult to get to know the players though. It is not giving us enough time to get to know the players.

Just watched the first episode. Was the most entertaining one ive seen in years.

I don't watch the show, and after last nights pitiful performance of the singers on American Idol, I don't plan to watch that show again....:eusa_hand: Their song selections did nothing to enhance what might have been a good performance. Only one has a voice I like and that is the rock singer. Long live rock -and -roll. :thup:

I AM loving The Voice. It won an Emmy last year, and the show, singers and panel, are living up to this year's expectations.

American Idol lost it's appeal to me when Simon Cowell left. He was the only one that was honest about the contestant's ability to sing and at the end it was more of a popularity contest.

American Idol lost it's appeal to me when Simon Cowell left. He was the only one that was honest about the contestant's ability to sing and at the end it was more of a popularity contest.

Well Harry has certainly been even more critical than Simon. And it is still a popularity contest. Always has been. I do hate that they are allowing voting now from the beginning of the program until waiting until all the contestants have done their thing. That underscores that the voting has nothing to do with the candidate's ability.

I think I will start a thread for the singing competitions though. One for the cooking competitions. Etc. That might draw in more members who are fans of those kinds of shows and limit the temptation--and I am among the guiltiest--to hijack this thread. :)

I'm so glad there is no redemption island this season.

Oh me too. I like it much better without it.

I just wish they would go back to the original format.
-limited time spent on the negotiations and strategy
-more time spent on them succeeding at fire building, shelter building, foraging, fishing
-more time with one-on-ones with the survivors so we could get to know them better
-two challenges--one for reward, one for immunity

Forum List

Back