Tactical RPGs, adventure RPGs

Sep 14, 2020
The only games that I ever play are video games. I don't play that often anymore, the most recent game being Disgaea 5 Complete on PC. Awesome game, I didn't finish that one but had fun.
OIP.jpeg

8 out of 10

I played Disgaea 1 way back when it was first released, cant even remember the year.
That was the Playstation version. Great game also.
OIP (1).jpeg

9 out of 10

I also remember playing some other tactical RPG on PS2 but camt remember what it was. Fun but not timeless.

Before tactical RPGs there was Final Fantasy 7 on PS2.
OIP (2).jpeg

8 out of 10.

And Final Fantasy 3 on Super Nintendo. I must have beat FF3 like 10 times.
OIP (3).jpeg

10 out of 10.

Then there was Paper Mario 64. This game blew me away. I beat this one maybe 5 times. Probably my all time favorite RPG.
OIP (4).jpeg

10 out of 10.

I grew tired of the classic turn based FF style RPG format so now its tactical RPGs all the way.

One more RPG worth mentioning was Legend of the 7 Stars which I beat a few times.
OIP (5).jpeg

7 out of 10.

Video game designers are giving more attention to Tactical RPGs and there should be some great games in this genre being released in the next few years. Go ahead and share your favorite RPGs if youd like. I beat around maybe 25 RPGs or more over the years. Another great mention was the original Starcraft Online, which wasnt an RPG but was very tactical and what I think is what most Tactical RPG makers got their basic ideas from in the early 2000s.

This list of RPGs I played isnt complete. I include video games that aren't considered true RPGs like Castlevania but they are close enough for me. These are somewhat in order chronologically but not all the way accurate. Good memories.

(Beaten)
Disgaea 1 (PS2)
Zelda Windwaker (Gamecube)
Paper Mario 2 (Gamecube)
Final Fantasy 8 (PS2)
Paper Mario (N64)
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PS1)
The Legend of Dragoon (PS1)
Final Fantasy 7 (PS2 & PS1)
Starcraft (PC)
Quest 64 (N64)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
Warcraft (PC)
Pokemon Blue (GB)
Pokemon Red (GB)
Zelda 64 (N64)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Earthbound (SNES)
Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
Zelda III (SNES)
Zelda II (NES)
Desert Commander (NES)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Final Fantasy 2 (NES & GB)
Final Fantasy 1 (NES)
Space Quest III (PC)

Some of the games I didn't finish sucked so much ass I couldn't go on, like Aidyn and Star Tropics. Others consumed too much time like Diablo. Others were F!@^ impossible like Myst and Gauntlet.

(Unbeaten)
Disgaea 5 (PC)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
Ogre Battle Tactics (GBC)
Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
Aidyn Chronicles (N64)
Zelda Links Awakening (GB)
RPG Maker (SNES)
Myst (PC)
Diablo II (PC)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
Shadowrun (SNES)