Take me on a virtual tour through film, music, books, food and art of your town/city/state

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Come on. It will be fun. It doesn't have to be the town you currently live in.

Let's just say I live close-ish to the 2nd biggest bull's eye on the planet.

Other than that fact it's very bucolic. The region has everything you could want in terms of entertainment, dining, etc.

Famous People from my county

Bruce Springsteen
Count Basie
Bud Abbott
Danny DeVito
Jack Nicholson

In the winter, I live in Utah....The geology here is absolutely fascinating.....Right westwall?

Yup, some of the best geology on the planet. The road cut through the San Rafael Swell is in my opinion one of the best on the planet.

ORSPRsimpsons_jeff_620x300.jpg

This isn't far from my house.

In the winter, I live in Utah....The geology here is absolutely fascinating.....Right westwall?

Yup, some of the best geology on the planet. The road cut through the San Rafael Swell is in my opinion one of the best on the planet.
I keep a chunk of Little Cottonwood granite at the Wisco tree ranch to remind myself.

I've driven that stretch of I-70 no fewer than 10 times, and never not wished I could spend a couple days stomping around the back roads.....Stunning.

I've driven that stretch of I-70 no fewer than 10 times, and never not wished I could spend a couple days stomping around the back roads.....Stunning.

Have you ever driven up the Mokee Dugway? It's the direct road from Mexican Hat to Natural Bridges. You get to the top and about 50 yards in is a dirt road that takes you out to Muley Point. I love camping up there, you wake up with all of Monument Valley laid out before you.

Have you ever driven up the Mokee Dugway? It's the direct road from Mexican Hat to Natural Bridges. You get to the top and about 50 yards in is a dirt road that takes you out to Muley Point. I love camping up there, you wake up with all of Monument Valley laid out before you.
Yes....The drive is incredible.

I was thinking "what is this Mexican hat thing" as I approached the town...Then I saw the Mexican hat....wow.

I was thinking "what is this Mexican hat thing" as I approached the town...Then I saw the Mexican hat....wow.

Yeah, it's a pretty impressive structure. Especially when you know it is completely natural. I had a friend in Mexican Hat named Bill Skeen. He was one of the last wildcaters in that area.

Have you driven through The Valley of the God's? It's right there off the drive to the Dugway and was used in lots of movies.

Yeah, it's a pretty impressive structure. Especially when you know it is completely natural. I had a friend in Mexican Hat named Bill Skeen. He was one of the last wildcaters in that area.

Have you driven through The Valley of the God's? It's right there off the drive to the Dugway and was used in lots of movies.
Yes....It was part of that road trip.

Come on. It will be fun. It doesn't have to be the town you currently live in.
Movie and TV: 12 Monkeys
Song: David Caroll's "all the people that died"
Food: Cheese Steaks and Delivery Pizza
Art:A Velvet Rocky probably because the actual Rocky Statue was destroyed and toppled.
Where is this?
Answer;PHILLY DURING COVID.
What, too soon for the covid jokes?

Forum List

Back