Tattoo Project...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I've embarked on a tattoo photo project. I actually started it a few years ago, then it sort of fell by the wayside, and now I'm ramping it back up.

Here are some of the ones I really like:

hh01a.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

rp05a.jpg

IMG_5746bw.jpg

rs06.jpg

pg02a.jpg

tv01.jpg

I've got a bunch more to go, both in terms of shooting and editing. I'm giving myself a target completion date of 12/31/21, as many of the people I want to shoot I'll have to travel to...

Not a fan of ink in places that cannot be covered up by any clothing other than a burka.

All these tattoo's people think look so good in their 20's.
Will end up looking like melting ice cream on sagging wrinkled skin when they're 60+

Last edited:
Will end up looking like melting ice cream on sagging wrinkled skin when they're 60+
When I was younger, my mom used to tell me all the time not to get a tattoo because I would be an old lady in a nursing home someday and what would it say about me? I was like.........I hope it says don't even think about stealing my shit.

When I was a kid the only people that had tattoos were criminals and sailors. There was an old retired Navy man with tattoo's on his arms who lived in our neighborhood. They had faded out and lost their color over the years, and on his old skin they just looked ugly. That was when I swore to myself I'd never get a tattoo. ... :cool:

When I was younger, my mom used to tell me all the time not to get a tattoo because I would be an old lady in a nursing home someday and what would it say about me? I was like.........I hope it says don't even think about stealing my shit.

That literally made me LOL...

When I was a kid the only people that had tattoos were criminals and sailors. There was an old retired Navy man with tattoo's on his arms who lived in our neighborhood. They had faded out and lost their color over the years, and on his old skin they just looked ugly. That was when I swore to myself I'd never get a tattoo. ... :cool:

That's part of the point of the project.

When I was a kid, the only people who had tattoos were sailors, musicians, criminals and bikers.

Nowadays, tattoos are far more acceptable. The woman who cuts my hair has them. My lawyer has them. My accountant has them. Everyone has them. My brother, a long-time white color service rep for a worldwide corporation, got his first a couple weeks ago.

My project isn't only to show the diversity of the tattoos which people get, but also the diversity of the people who get them...

Forum List

Back