Teamsters members overwhelmingly support Trump over Harris

Don't they realize Trump is against unions? Look how he refused to back them last year when Biden did. And listen to him and Elon talk about breaking the law and firing workers who go on strike.

IF this is true, vergognia. They are blue collar deplorables.

It is true, even the head of Teamsters has admitted the rank and file support Trump more than Kumalla.

Teamsters Release Presidential Endorsement Polling Data​

1727283724233.png

Union to Announce Official Endorsement Decision on Wednesday​

Press Contact: Kara Deniz Email: [email protected]
(WASHINGTON) — The International Brotherhood of Teamsters today publicly released six months of membership polling data on the union’s possible endorsement for the next U.S. President, revealing former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden each edged Vice President Kamala Harris among Teamsters voters in major polls commissioned by the union.

From April 9-July 3, nearly 300 Teamsters local unions nationwide conducted first-of-their-kind Presidential town halls, soliciting endorsement preferences from members via straw polls. The in-person voting was held prior to Biden’s withdrawal from the race. The Teamsters’ polling data shows members backed Biden 44.3 percent to Trump’s 36.3 percent.

Following the Republican National Convention and Biden’s campaign exit, the Teamsters commissioned a national electronic poll of its 1.3 million members, overseen by an independent third party. During a voting window from July 24-Sept. 15, rank-and-file Teamsters voted 59.6 percent for the union to endorse Trump, compared to 34 percent for Harris.

In the past week, following the Democratic National Convention and recent Presidential debate, the Teamsters commissioned independent polling firm Lake Research Partners to conduct the union’s final national survey. In the poll ending Sept. 15, Teamsters selected Trump by 58 percent for endorsement over 31 percent for Harris.

Your hatred of union workers is shining through.

My disagreement is mostly with public sector unions, and any State laws that make unions mandatory or create closed shops.

The problem is Unions have gotten most of the things the workers wanted, now their main use is excessive demands and protecting the least productive members of a given trade or work type.

My disagreement is mostly with public sector unions, and any State laws that make unions mandatory or create closed shops.

The problem is Unions have gotten most of the things the workers wanted, now their main use is excessive demands and protecting the least productive members of a given trade or work type.
You trivialize and denigrate union demands.

Trump’s support of manufacturing is a worthy policy discussion. It would cost American families more to pay for goods, but support domestic workforce. However, the opposition to unions would mean the benefits of that policy would flow to the capitalists, not the workers. In essence, it’s a policy of wealth transfer from poor and middle class to the wealthy.

You trivialize and denigrate union demands.

Trump’s support of manufacturing is a worthy policy discussion. It would cost American families more to pay for goods, but support domestic workforce. However, the opposition to unions would mean the benefits of that policy would flow to the capitalists, not the workers. In essence, it’s a policy of wealth transfer from poor and middle class to the wealthy.

I mock demands that deserve mockery.

It's not opposition to unions, it's opposition to idiotic union demands.

Like the whole living wage idiocy, trying to pay someone more than the value they add to a given product or service.

I mock demands that deserve mockery.

It's not opposition to unions, it's opposition to idiotic union demands.

Like the whole living wage idiocy, trying to pay someone more than the value they add to a given product or service.
You make up demands and then mock the union for your fabrications.

There’s no explanation other than you hate unions.

Every post you show it more and more.

You make up demands and then mock the union for your fabrications.

There’s no explanation other than you hate unions.

Every post you show it more and more.

I state my position clearly, it's not hate. It's criticism of the straying from the original concept of what Unions are supposed to be.

And public sector unions are the worst.

I state my position clearly, it's not hate. It's criticism of the straying from the original concept of what Unions are supposed to be.

And public sector unions are the worst.
Your position is based on hate, not substance.

You made up your mind first, then sought a reason to justify it.

These are people who actually vote, but the way. Not 14 year old Taylor Swift fans. :badgrin:

View attachment 1017768

Here is the FULL picture
The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, a labor union comprising around 1.3 million members, declared last week that it would not support Harris or Trump in the presidential election. It marked the first time the union has failed to make an endorsement since 1996, and the first time it has not backed a Democratic presidential candidate since 2000.

Only an hour before the endorsement decision was announced, the union released results from their national poll, conducted between July 24 and September 15, in which 59.6 percent of members voted for the union to endorse Trump, versus only 34 percent for Harris.

Despite this, the union said that after reviewing member polling, and a year of rank-and-file interviews with all major presidential candidates, it said: "The union was left with few commitments on top Teamsters issues from either former President Donald Trump or Vice President Kamala Harris—and found no definitive support among members for either party's nominee.

"The union's extensive member polling showed no majority support for Vice President Harris and no universal support among the membership for President Trump," a statement by the union read.

Forum List

Back