Teatards in office 5 minutes and...

I see this at all levels of government. The Tea Party people came into office on a protest, not on much of a plan, and now that they're in office and reality is settling in, they're doing one of two things: sitting still and frozen solid like a lame duck, or letting reality sink in and then backing off from much of their past rhetoric.

He has a serious comprehension issue. If he has trouble understanding a well written post, he mosty certainly will have trouble understanding legislation and how and when it is enacted.
i believe there is either a 60 or 90 day lead in time from the date a bill is signed into law

Law become effective upon publication unless the legislation itself has an effective start date that is later than publication

Gee....really?

Dont take this the wrong way.....but that is not rocket scence.

He has a serious comprehension issue. If he has trouble understanding a well written post, he mosty certainly will have trouble understanding legislation and how and when it is enacted.
i believe there is either a 60 or 90 day lead in time from the date a bill is signed into law

I cant recall any law that began "when signed"...

Laws go into effect when they are published, which comes right after POTUS signs.

Hey, thanks G.T.

I thought I was percieved as a cowardly moronic wing nut.

You can only be percieved, in general, by people who are self bloviators.

nobody knows anybody, no matter how hard they claim....by their board posts.

You could be the polar opposite idealogically, and use the board as a means of self amusement by playing the opposite.

You could be slinging insults sarcastically because your real-life buddies know you're kidding, and everyone thinks you're a dick.

You could be an absolute genius, and because you disagree with somebody, they think you're some sort of retard.

You could type a gazillion words per minute, make a really long post in JUST 30 seconds, and everyone thinks you're an obsessive dweeb who cares too much and has too much time on his hands.

You could be a blount speaker, and just say how you feel in passing randomly with only 3 seconds of an after thought...., on your way to an ESPN newspage, come back, and someone tells you how mad you're getting and to calm down.

Law become effective upon publication unless the legislation itself has an effective start date that is later than publication

Gee....really?

Took you long enough to understand it.

Unless you're still thinking there's some kind of "lead time" :lol:

Gee....really?

Took you long enough to understand it.

Unless you're still thinking there's some kind of "lead time" :lol:
there is, if its written into the bill, dipshit

but i want to see sangha actually provide proof that any bill passed on day one of the Obama administration took effect THAT day
AKA jan 20th 2009

Sangha is currently trying to comprehend what it is that you asked of him.
This may take some time..

Actually, I was waiting for you to jump in on the wingnuts stupidity, and sure enough, it didn't take long at all.

The Lily Ledbetter Act took effect immediately.

I'll give you time to wipe the egg off your face. Let's see if you can be honest for once, and admit you pwned

Last edited:
but i want to see sangha actually provide proof that any bill passed on day one of the Obama administration took effect THAT day
AKA jan 20th 2009

Actually, I was waiting for you to jump in on the wingnuts stupidity, and sure enough, it didn't take long at all.

Some do, many dont.
Whatever. I cant do right by you anyway. Fortunately, your approval means nothing to me.
Usually, when I have a heated debate...win or lose, I thank my opponent.
So that being said...

Take care. :eusa_whistle:

Some do, many dont.
Whatever. I cant do right by you anyway. Fortunately, your approval means nothing to me.
So that being said...

Like I suspected, you couldn't be honest. Instead of you raise another straw men (about how many do and how many don't) to honor your failure

You started out thinking there was some kind of waiting period for legislation, and said that *I* don't understand how legislation is passed. :lol::lol::lol:

It turns out, you were wrong on both counts. I know more about the process than you do. I also had an example of a law that took effect immediately, even though you doubted I could do so anytime soon. You were wrong about it all.

So far, your "profound" contribution to this thread is to point out that politicians of all parties lie. To paraphrase someone who thinks he's brilliant, "that's not exactly rocket science":lol::lol::lol:

And actually, you weren't wrong about everything. You were right to say you can't do right by me. That's because you can't be honest.

Last edited:

Some do, many dont.
So that being said...

Like I suspected, you couldn't be honest. Instead of you raise another straw men (about how many do and how many don't) to honor your failure

You started out thinking there was some kind of waiting period for legislation, and said that *I* don't understand how legislation is passed. :lol::lol::lol:

It turns out, you were wrong on both counts. I know more about the process than you do. I also had an example of a law that took effect immediately, even though you doubted I could do so anytime soon. You were wrong about it all.

So far, your "profound" contribution to this thread is to point out that politicians of all parties lie. To paraphrase someone who thinks he's brilliant, "that's not exactly rocket science":lol::lol::lol:

And actually, you weren't wrong about everything. You were right to say you can't do right by me. That's because you can't be honest.

Give it a rest.
No one really cares what you think. Dont you see how no one is supporting your childish rants?
I admit when I am wrong all the time on this board., I have changed my position on many things on this board based on good, hearty honest debates.
You? You are another truthmatters. Very little substance but loads of insults.
If I want that type of conversation, I can talk to my children.
Take care.

AKA jan 20th 2009

I'll give you time to wipe the egg off your face. Let's see if you can be honest for once, and admit you pwned
that wasnt on the "first day of the Obama administration" like you claimed

LIAR

The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 is an Act of Congress enacted by the 111th United States Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama on January 29, 2009.

Hey, thanks G.T.

I thought I was percieved as a cowardly moronic wing nut.

You can only be percieved, in general, by people who are self bloviators.

nobody knows anybody, no matter how hard they claim....by their board posts.

You could be the polar opposite idealogically, and use the board as a means of self amusement by playing the opposite.

You could be slinging insults sarcastically because your real-life buddies know you're kidding, and everyone thinks you're a dick.

You could be an absolute genius, and because you disagree with somebody, they think you're some sort of retard.

You could type a gazillion words per minute, make a really long post in JUST 30 seconds, and everyone thinks you're an obsessive dweeb who cares too much and has too much time on his hands.

You could be a blount speaker, and just say how you feel in passing randomly with only 3 seconds of an after thought...., on your way to an ESPN newspage, come back, and someone tells you how mad you're getting and to calm down.

Wow whoever posted this shit has a real lot of time on their fuckin hands:lol:

Some do, many dont.
So that being said...

Give it a rest.
No one really cares what you think. Dont you see how no one is supporting your childish rants?
I admit when I am wrong all the time on this board., I have changed my position on many things on this board based on good, hearty honest debates.
You? You are another truthmatters. Very little substance but loads of insults.
If I want that type of conversation, I can talk to my children.
Take care.

I see. You "dont care" so much that you keep responding to my posts. I'm sure your lack of care is completely sincere

I'm still waiting for you to admit you were wrong when you said this thread "morphed into" a discussion about how the teabaggers got used

Still waiting for you admit that I was right. You can complain about a lack of substance, but I've backed up my claims with proof. You haven't proven anything.

You haven't even tried

LIAR

The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 is an Act of Congress enacted by the 111th United States Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama on January 29, 2009.

So it took NINE DAYS into the Obama admin to pass laws that took effect immediately. So I was wrong.

Now, can you admit you were wrong to say

1) It takes months to pass legisltion
2) There's a waiting period of about 3 months before legislation takes effect

I'll wait :eusa_whistle:

already caving in, breaking their word, backpeddling...

Republicans take over House, dilute cuts | Reuters

(Reuters) - Republicans scaled back plans for deep cuts in government spending as they took power in the House of Representatives on Wednesday, diluting a key promise that helped them to victory in November's election.

This was sooooo predictable. You been chumped!

You so urgently WANT to believe.

It's cute, in your typically pathetic way.

LIAR

So it took NINE DAYS into the Obama admin to pass laws that took effect immediately. So I was wrong.

actually, i already admitted that, asshole
see post 322

LIAR

actually, i already admitted that, asshole
see post 322

Since your so honest, I'm sure you'll be happy to admit that the GOP used the teabaggers. They are running away from their commitment to cut spending and your poor excuses have been blown up

You claimed they cut the spending cuts in half because the fiscal year is half over. You were wrong.

When I pointed out that the FY was only 3 months in (I originally said 4 months by mistake), you then, unable to admit defeat, invented the claim that there was some kind of waiting period. You were wrong

Now that you admit that the reasons to reduce the spending cuts in half were BULLSHIT, will you now also admit that there is no reason to reduce the spending cuts by half?

IOW, will you admit that the central point of this thread, the point you have been trying to deny (that the teabaggers got used by the GOP), is true and the teabaggers are dupes of the GOP?

Or will you cling to the absurd belief that the teabaggers in Congress really do want to cut spending, even as they run away from their pledge as fast as they can?

first off, keep your sexual perversion to yourself and address the tea party as such
second, if you expected thing to dramatically change on the first day of the new congress, then you are a mental midget and need to shut the fuck up

first off, keep your sexual perversion to yourself and address the tea party as such
second, if you expected thing to dramatically change on the first day of the new congress, then you are a mental midget and need to shut the fuck up

Like I suspected. You don't have the honesty to admit that the teabaggers in congress are already betraying the teabaggers that voted for them. All of the justifications for their reducing their spending cuts have been refuted, and you agree with the refutations.

But you're just too dishonest to admit that they have no reason to not keep their promise and that the reasons the teabaggers are giving are lies.

They did not reduce the spending cuts because the year is half over. Even you agree that it not true

They did not reduce the spending cuts because they have to wait 3 months for legislation to take effect. Even you admit that this is not true

So why won't you admit that the only reason they are not cutting spending as they promised is because THEY DON'T WANT TO CUT SPENDING. They just lied about it to get elected, and dupes like you teabaggers fell for it. And now that the teabaggers in congress are proving they don't want to cut spending, you're doing the same by applauding while they ignore their pledge to cut spending

Like I suspected. You don't have the honesty to admit that the teabaggers in congress are already betraying the teabaggers that voted for them. All of the justifications for their reducing their spending cuts have been refuted, and you agree with the refutations.

But you're just too dishonest to admit that they have no reason to not keep their promise and that the reasons the teabaggers are giving are lies.

They did not reduce the spending cuts because the year is half over. Even you agree that it not true

They did not reduce the spending cuts because they have to wait 3 months for legislation to take effect. Even you admit that this is not true

So why won't you admit that the only reason they are not cutting spending as they promised is because THEY DON'T WANT TO CUT SPENDING. They just lied about it to get elected, and dupes like you teabaggers fell for it. And now that the teabaggers in congress are proving they don't want to cut spending, you're doing the same by applauding while they ignore their pledge to cut spending
no, it is you that is the dishonest one
and the disgusting one too

Forum List

Back