Teens accused of Uber Driver Killing to get very quick plea deal

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
I guess the DC DA just wants this to go away.

Teens accused in fatal carjacking of Uber Eats driver to reportedly get cushy plea deal

The two teen girls accused of killing an Uber driver in a botched carjacking in Washington, DC, in March are expected to reach a plea deal with prosecutors in the case.

The bargain should be reached in the coming days, but it’s unclear if it will fully resolve the case, according to the Washington Post.

The girls are due back in court on April 20 to discuss the status of the case, the outlet said.

The pair, ages 13 and 15, have been charged with felony murder, carjacking and armed robbery in the deadly incident, which they allegedly carried out near Nationals Park in the Southeast section of the nation’s capital.

Under DC law, the 13-year-old can’t be charged as an adult — even in a murder case, according to the Post. The 15-year-old suspect could be charged as an adult, but that would increase the burden of proof on prosecutors, the report said.

Ok. They go back to court on the 20th. That is in the WaPo article. Their attorneys have not had time to review the evidence. They could very well go to trial. It is believed that one of the girls was involved in a prior carjacking. Nothing is resolved. If the 15 year old was the one involved she could be tried in an adult court. The other one is too young.

As a juvenile offender you can be held until you are 21. That is really, really rare.

Teens accused in fatal carjacking of Uber Eats driver to reportedly get cushy plea deal

The two teen girls accused of killing an Uber driver in a botched carjacking in Washington, DC, in March are expected to reach a plea deal with prosecutors in the case.

The bargain should be reached in the coming days, but it’s unclear if it will fully resolve the case, according to the Washington Post.

The girls are due back in court on April 20 to discuss the status of the case, the outlet said.

The pair, ages 13 and 15, have been charged with felony murder, carjacking and armed robbery in the deadly incident, which they allegedly carried out near Nationals Park in the Southeast section of the nation’s capital.

Under DC law, the 13-year-old can’t be charged as an adult — even in a murder case, according to the Post. The 15-year-old suspect could be charged as an adult, but that would increase the burden of proof on prosecutors, the report said.
Of course. But the little Ho's ought to get the needle.

Ok. They go back to court on the 20th. That is in the WaPo article. Their attorneys have not had time to review the evidence. They could very well go to trial. It is believed that one of the girls was involved in a prior carjacking. Nothing is resolved. If the 15 year old was the one involved she could be tried in an adult court. The other one is too young.

As a juvenile offender you can be held until you are 21. That is really, really rare.

Hopefully you are right that the post is jumping the gun on the deal.

Or at least it leaking makes the DC DA reconsider.

Hopefully you are right that the post is jumping the gun on the deal.

Or at least it leaking makes the DC DA reconsider.

WaPo didn't jump the gun and they seem to have tried to break down terminology which may be things that the author did not quite understand either. It happens.

You have a problem with jurisprudence?

I have a problem when DA's go soft on crime, especially homicides.

it was their first murder you know....

You don't get to use an excuse that works for speeding when you kill someone for no reason.

You don't get to use an excuse that works for speeding when you kill someone for no reason.
Sure you do, it's like twelve to fifteen for an adult..

I've seen episodes of the First 48 that refutes that position.

Amazing, I see channel 3's court camera spotlighting the sentence phase.

Nope, juveniles, closed court.

Nope, juveniles, closed court.
Of course.

That is IRRELEVANT since Murder is a Felony charge with Assault and Theft charges too all felonies.

Thank God someone knows the Eyes of The Law.

Any 13 year will only be counseled and detained for a bit. Forget the color. A 13 yr old is a child child. The older girl was responsible for her. The 15 yr old will be out at 21 and before under supervised conditions. And no matter how you slice it, these are females.................This is so rare to be random for females.

We should teach kids if you want to murder someone, do it before you're 16....j/k

That is IRRELEVANT since Murder is a Felony charge with Assault and Theft charges too all felonies.
They have a choice of pleading and no trial and they can only be held until they are twenty one.

Those who commit adult crimes, should receive adult sentences. Period.

Most states have laws that allow trying teenagers as adults, especially for murder. These feral animals didn't murder anybody Democrats consider human, just some prole, so they get off with nothing but a little inconvenience. The New Regime has an endless need for the services these types of thugs are willing to provide and plenty for them to do.

Thank God someone knows the Eyes of The Law.

Any 13 year will only be counseled and detained for a bit. Forget the color. A 13 yr old is a child child. The older girl was responsible for her. The 15 yr old will be out at 21 and before under supervised conditions. And no matter how you slice it, these are females.................This is so rare to be random for females.

We should teach kids if you want to murder someone, do it before you're 16....j/k
You may be right. Currently this is a time of zero consequences for kids and the crime rate in certain areas shows that. People act like all these kids need are hugs. Poor babies. I really don't think that they will be held until 21 simply because these folks firmly believe in rehabilitation. They will both probably wind up with group therapy and individual therapy and education. If the 15 year old is transferred to the adult court, then we may be looking at something different. It may not be the 15 year old that was involved in the prior carjacking. You may have a 13 year old that has something to prove.

Forum List

Back