Ten Years

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
A somber anniversary. Ten years ago this day several terrible disasters converged, resulting in a shocking loss of life.

my kid mentioned it today - i can't believe i haven't heard anything about it on the radio or TV. sad....

Archived here;

Was Fukushima a victim of Stuxnet?

Horrible disaster showing the power of nature and vulnerability of nuclear power

A somber anniversary. Ten years ago this day several terrible disasters converged, resulting in a shocking loss of life.

I remember that day well. I was still in San Diego at Ambrogio15 having breakfast when my wife's cousin, who lived in Soka at the time, called us about it the next day.

Let's hope there was a silver lining and the lives lost were not for nothing.
Ignoring those previous technical warnings about earthquake and tsunami effects on the nuclear plant was one lesson learned.

U.N. finds no adverse health effects from Fukushima disaster

Horrible disaster showing the power of nature and vulnerability of nuclear power
and yet no one actually died of radiation poisoning.

And it did not prove the vulnerability of nuclear power as a whole but rather it highlighted the design flaws inherent in old light water reactors.

Forum List

Back