Texans.....Do you really welcome open carry?

I can see you not wanting to register or have a permit for a handgun.
But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

You worry over nothing.

The facts are that people who have been legally carrying concealed weapons are rarely involved in accidental shootings in public and they also happen to be some of the most law abiding people in the country. There is no reason to think gun owners that open carry are any more of a danger.

Personally I prefer to carry a concealed weapon because I don't want to draw attention to myself
I respect those who have been licensed to carry a concealed. Weapon. They are trained, know the laws, know how to act responsibly

That is why I question Texas allowing anyone to carry a handgun with no training whatsoever
Not really. in most states all you have to do is sit through the NRA basic handgun safety course.

And you as a citizen are responsible for knowing your state gun laws anyway.

But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

You worry over nothing.

The facts are that people who have been legally carrying concealed weapons are rarely involved in accidental shootings in public and they also happen to be some of the most law abiding people in the country. There is no reason to think gun owners that open carry are any more of a danger.

Personally I prefer to carry a concealed weapon because I don't want to draw attention to myself
I respect those who have been licensed to carry a concealed. Weapon. They are trained, know the laws, know how to act responsibly

That is why I question Texas allowing anyone to carry a handgun with no training whatsoever
Not really. in most states all you have to do is sit through the NRA basic handgun safety course.

Doesn’t help after the fact

You worry over nothing.

Doesn’t help after the fact

After what fact?

The truth of the matter is legal gun owners are involved in very few gun crimes and accidental gun deaths are not that common.

The people who most often commit crimes with guns are those who possess them illegally.

Gun owners, while they worship the second amendment and claim that crimes and murders are done by irresponsible gun owners .....NOT THEM

Have ZERO interest in training people to be responsible gun owners.

Trans activists, while claiming to worship civil Rights, work to DENY those same Rights to anyone who questions the decisions they make. Trans people suffer rates of depression far higher than the norm, and commit suicide at rates approaching 40%, but deny that any position they take is not just dangerous, but imposes a burden on non trans people by requiring non trans people to deny the facts of science.
Trolling in the Politics Forum is not allowed. You must provide relevant content to the OP

Transexual rights and abortion are not relevant to gun rights

Please follow board rules

I'm not trolling. I am showing how specious your argument is by couching it in terms you might understand. It's not my fault you can't handle analogy.
Sorry pal
As a mod you would never accept that lame excuse for trolling

Stick to the OP

I'm not your pal, and I AM sticking to the OP. You just find analogy difficult to counter with your fascist talking points. Everything that you advocate is a direct violation of the 2nd Amendment. But you don't care until I point out that the political positions you supposedly care about can be affected the same way.

You fled in terror when you smugly declared all suicide deaths are meaningful. But when I asked the same about abortion deaths you had no counter. So flee you did., It's the same here. Any time you attack the 2nd, you attack ALL Rights.

Gun owners, while they worship the second amendment and claim that crimes and murders are done by irresponsible gun owners .....NOT THEM

Trans activists, while claiming to worship civil Rights, work to DENY those same Rights to anyone who questions the decisions they make. Trans people suffer rates of depression far higher than the norm, and commit suicide at rates approaching 40%, but deny that any position they take is not just dangerous, but imposes a burden on non trans people by requiring non trans people to deny the facts of science.
Trolling in the Politics Forum is not allowed. You must provide relevant content to the OP

I'm not trolling. I am showing how specious your argument is by couching it in terms you might understand. It's not my fault you can't handle analogy.
Sorry pal

Stick to the OP

I'm not your pal, and I AM sticking to the OP. You just find analogy difficult to counter with your fascist talking points. Everything that you advocate is a direct violation of the 2nd Amendment. But you don't care until I point out that the political positions you supposedly care about can be affected the same way.

You fled in terror when you smugly declared all suicide deaths are meaningful. But when I asked the same about abortion deaths you had no counter. So flee you did., It's the same here. Any time you attack the 2nd, you attack ALL Rights.
troll

Sorry pal

Stick to the OP

troll

:itsok: :itsok:

Moron...they have had concealed carry for years now......what would the difference be between carrying a gun open and carrying it under a shirt....you dumb ass....
Wrong.

There are two important differences.

In the event of an active shooting, someone carrying a concealed firearm would be able to leave the incident to find safety without being expected to ‘do something’; or otherwise, be himself a target for the active shooter, which wouldn’t be the case for open carry.

In jurisdictions where private property owners have the authority to prohibit guns on their property, a person carrying concealed would be able to enter the venue regardless, whereas someone open carrying would not.

Carrying concealed is far superior and preferable to open carry, open carry affords no benefits over that of concealed carry – save that of the childish need to show off or intimidate.

People who illegally possess firearms or use them for illegal purposes are not responsible.

It's not difficult to know when the use of a gun is necessary and it's even easier to tell when the use of a gun is illegal
I know several people who carry without a license simply because they don't believe in asking the government for permission to exercise their right to be armed. Lot's of people know they carry too, even LE and afaik, they all simply assume these folks have licenses. The way you just assume a guy driving has a license to do so.

They know it's going to be an issue if they have to use their gun, but they're all standing on principle..... got to respect that.

You worry over nothing.

No that ain't why.

(Are you ever honest?)

Sorry pal

Stick to the OP

troll
Dishonest coward.

You don’t think well regulated militias are trained?
Actually they weren’t. Militias were ill disciplined mobs that tended to run at the first whiff of British gunpowder. The Redcoats knew to target the militia units first to break the Continental lines.
The language in the Second Amendment was a effort to insure they were properly trained and equipped when on Federal Service.

While I might would encourage people who don't know what the hell they are doing to learn what the hell they are doing, I really don't have a problem with requiring no "training", especially in rural areas where doing anything can require a hike to civilization.
Ya mean like getting an abortion?

Oh wait....not even that anymore

Idaho is open carry
What’s is this anther dem created crisis and you’re going to solve it

Leftwinger, I do believe that a one day safety class added into the cost of the firearm purchase is a good idea. In that class, they could learn not just safe storage, but given instruction on how to disassemble and reassemble their firearm for proper cleaning, learning to always point a firearm down range when at a range or out in remote areas firing (safe handling), how to safely un-jam a semi-auto firearm, proper type of ammunition for their particular firearm. The likely consequences of alcohol and firearms. They must also understand that even if they have a safe for the firearm, criminals can break into and steal them, so have their firearms identity and serial number on their insurance so that insurance companies can reimburse for the loss. Also, if stolen have the same identifying information for the police so that if a stolen firearm is found in the possession of some scumbag, they can return it to you.
OR......
Just give the firearms purchaser a list of good instructional videos that can be found on YouTube, then it's up to them to learn.

Yes.

I'm out and about pretty much every day. The law has been in effect for 4 days and I haven't seen anyone carrying in the open. If they do, it's an open invitation for someone to take it from you.

I'm out and about pretty much every day. The law has been in effect for 4 days and I haven't seen anyone carrying in the open. If they do, it's an open invitation for someone to take it from you.

Nevada has been open carry for over 100 years. I see four people a week open carrying on average.

The vast majority of us conceal carry

Forum List

Back