Thanks to ObamaCare

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
  • Uninsured Rate Down Way More In States That Embraced Obamacare
    Obamacare is really good at getting health insurance to people -- if their states' leaders let it.
WASHINGTON -- The share of Americans without health insurance has dropped sharply since enrollment under the Affordable Care Act began in 2013, according to survey results published by Gallup on Monday. And the law's effects are even more dramatic in states that cooperated with the federal government instead of fighting Obamacare.

Nationwide, the uninsured rate fell from 17.3 percent in 2013 to 11.7 percent through the first half of this year, following two years of sign-ups for private health insurance on the Obamacare exchanges and for expanded Medicaid benefits, the pollsters found. The contrast between Obamacare-friendly states and those hostile to the law is stark. Rhode Island has the lowest uninsured rate, 2.7 percent, while Texas comes in last at 20.8 percent.

Then there's Texasss

Obamacare Wins: Texas Is Now The ONLY State With Uninsured Rate Above 20%
The Affordable Care Act has been the law of the land for two years now, and the numbers of success keep rolling in. In 2013, before the passage of the healthcare law (also known as Obamacare), fourteen states had rates of uninsured citizens as high as 20%. Now, there is only one such state left, because their governor rejected Medicaid expansion and has fought tooth and nail to prevent their citizens from getting affordable healthcare.

Surprise! It’s Texas, who had a shocking 27% uninsured rate in 2013 and has barely managed to drop that down to 21% over the past two years.

Anyone surprised?

its great people are getting insured ludd,but i know a lady with one of those "expensive" diseases who used to get nothing but why they cant pay for this or that from the ins companies.....she is still getting the same shit.......this includes Medicare....they say the same thing....so what has changed for people like her?.

its great people are getting insured ludd,but i know a lady with one of those "expensive" diseases who used to get nothing but why they cant pay for this or that from the ins companies.....she is still getting the same shit.......this includes Medicare....they say the same thing....so what has changed for people like her?.

How old is she? Why can't she get Medicare?

I suspect you meant to write Medicaid which she can get - unless she lives in a red state with a fascist governor.

The woman who cleans for us is in the same fix. She qualifies for the subsidy but she's way too broke to afford even that. But, I live in one of the states that is screwing over the very poor by not allowing the Medicaid expansion. She used to get her birth control from PP but of course, the fascists are working to take that away from the very poor women as well.

I suspect you meant to write Medicaid which she can get - unless she lives in a red state with a fascist governor.

The woman who cleans for us is in the same fix. She qualifies for the subsidy but she's way too broke to afford even that. But, I live in one of the states that is screwing over the very poor by not allowing the Medicaid expansion. She used to get her birth control from PP but of course, the fascists are working to take that away from the very poor women as well.
she is around 72...and no i meant medicare.....she has had a condition i cant even pronounce for quit a while now,anyway she gets told that the medication that works better than anything is to expensive,they say there are alternatives that are much cheaper,the stuff she has already tried,which they already know she has tried it,plus the treatment she should be doing is costly.....so she goes for the "3rd world" treatment they give her which she claims does not do much....so nothing has changed for this old gal....so if people with these "expensive" diseases are still getting the same old shit with the new system as they did with the old....what are they supposed to do?....some of these people are young,and have many years to just live with a condition when it can be helped....

she is around 72...and no i meant medicare.....she has had a condition i cant even pronounce for quit a while now,anyway she gets told that the medication that works better than anything is to expensive,they say there are alternatives that are much cheaper,the stuff she has already tried,which they already know she has tried it,plus the treatment she should be doing is costly.....so she goes for the "3rd world" treatment they give her which she claims does not do much....so nothing has changed for this old gal....so if people with these "expensive" diseases are still getting the same old shit with the new system as they did with the old....what are they supposed to do?....some of these people are young,and have many years to just live with a condition when it can be helped....

She should go to the UK, she'd probably get treated properly.

Every American over age 65 is eligible for Medicare. I don't think we're getting the whole story.

She should go to the UK, she'd probably get treated properly.
the UK doesnt pay for everything themselves.....if so,why did the original drummer of Iron Maiden have to have a benefit for him to help pay for expenses due to his "expensive" disease MS which left him in debt....

the UK doesnt pay for everything themselves.....if so,why did the original drummer of Iron Maiden have to have a benefit for him to help pay for expenses due to his "expensive" disease MS which left him in debt....

You have a link for that or is it just hearsay?

here is one of the ones i had read....

When he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2001, his former Maiden bandmates formed the Clive Burr MS Trust Fund to help raise money for his living costs.

They performed a number of concerts in his honour when he struggled to keep up payments on his house
Clive Burr former Iron Maiden drummer dies at 56 - BBC News

here is one of the ones i had read....

When he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2001, his former Maiden bandmates formed the Clive Burr MS Trust Fund to help raise money for his living costs.

They performed a number of concerts in his honour when he struggled to keep up payments on his house
Clive Burr former Iron Maiden drummer dies at 56 - BBC News

Thank you for putting forth the effort. Most people in this forum seem to think that "BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!" is evidence.

Thing is, that article just talks about his death and his bandmates setting up a fund for "living expenses." To me that means housing, food, etc. Doesn't say anything about his healthcare.

Maybe one of the "BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!" crowd can prove he didn't have proper healthcare. Though I expect they'll just keep shouting.

Anyway, thanks!

Okay, because Harry Dresden had the courtesy to dig up some information, I did a little digging of my own, and this is what I found for the UK:

Insurance and MS Multiple Sclerosis Society UK

What it shows is that, thanks to Obamacare, if you're diagnosed with MS in the U.S., you actually have better coverage (unless you're one of those morons who's chosen to pay the penalty instead of getting insurance just to show that "Obama is not the boss of me") for chronic illnesses like MS than you would in the UK.

Suck on that, SHOUTERS.

Last edited:
Okay, because Harry Dresden had the courtesy to dig up some information, I did a little digging of my own, and this is what I found for the UK:

Insurance and MS Multiple Sclerosis Society UK

What it shows is that, thanks to Obamacare, if you're diagnosed with MS in the U.S., you actually have better coverage (unless you're one of those morons who's chosen to pay the penalty instead of getting insurance just to show that "Obama is not the boss of me") for chronic illnesses like MS than you would in the UK.

Suck on that, SHOUTERS.
thanks for that.....im sure there is more to many of these "stories" then we know...

Sandra Fluke cleans your office ?

Sooo, still no explanation for why a 72-year-old woman can't get Medicare?

I call bullshit.

Obamacare is a major money saving improvement over the expensive EMTALA crap that was the law prior. Hospitals did more cost shifting from employers/people who didn't pay to ones who did pay, than they did providing healthcare. Now freeloaders/employers have to pay like everyone else. The redistribution cost shifting hospital staff is going away saving us big money.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:
So, I'll ask again.....

At the start we were talking 16% of GDP going to health care.

Even in context that is very very high.

Do we have any data that says that is dropping ?

WASHINGTON -- The share of Americans without health insurance has dropped sharply since enrollment under the Affordable Care Act began in 2013, according to survey results published by Gallup on Monday. And the law's effects are even more dramatic in states that cooperated with the federal government instead of fighting Obamacare.

Nationwide, the uninsured rate fell from 17.3 percent in 2013 to 11.7 percent through the first half of this year, following two years of sign-ups for private health insurance on the Obamacare exchanges and for expanded Medicaid benefits, the pollsters found. The contrast between Obamacare-friendly states and those hostile to the law is stark. Rhode Island has the lowest uninsured rate, 2.7 percent, while Texas comes in last at 20.8 percent.

Then there's Texasss

Obamacare Wins: Texas Is Now The ONLY State With Uninsured Rate Above 20%
The Affordable Care Act has been the law of the land for two years now, and the numbers of success keep rolling in. In 2013, before the passage of the healthcare law (also known as Obamacare), fourteen states had rates of uninsured citizens as high as 20%. Now, there is only one such state left, because their governor rejected Medicaid expansion and has fought tooth and nail to prevent their citizens from getting affordable healthcare.

Surprise! It’s Texas, who had a shocking 27% uninsured rate in 2013 and has barely managed to drop that down to 21% over the past two years.

Anyone surprised?
Actually, your claims did not stand the test of time.

CBO Report: 1.4 Million Lost Health Insurance Since 2016 — And Obamacare Is To Blame.

The data in that report — which was released on the same day the Mueller report came out and largely ignored — tells an entirely different story.

All of the increase in the uninsured over the past two years — all of it — is the result of the massive rate increases Obamacare’s mandates and regulations caused. According to the Health and Human Services Dept., premiums in the individual insurance market doubled from 2013 to 2017. They shot up again in 2018.

For those eligible for Obamacare subsidies, the rate increases were meaningless. The amount they had to pay didn’t change much, and in many cases went down.

But for the millions of middle-class Americans who buy insurance coverage on the individual market and aren’t eligible for Obamacare subsidies, the result has been financially devastating.​

The rich have plenty of options and the poor have nothing to take, so it’s always the middle class that pays.

Always.

New Topics

Forum List

Back