The Black American Fight For Freedom (BBC)

I dont know if this is available over there.

Its basically explaining why America is where it is today. It starts with the fight against segregated housing in Chicago and features Dorothy Guatreaux a black woman who had the outrageous belief that as an American she could live where she chose.

It showed the barriers she faced from whitey in Chicago She won her case but very little changed.

It moves on to Detroit and the case of Helen Moore , a lady who wanted to send her kids to a better school. It explains how housing affects shooling and eventually life chances. The better off areas get better funded schools and it becomes self perpetuating.

Mrs Moore won her case but it then went to the Supreme Court. They agreed that she was suffering discrimination but declined to back the solution of bussing.

The film moves on to the Justice system but I had lost the will to live and I will watch that later.

Its a sobering watch but it trashed the usual racist bolloks we hear on these forums.
Are you saying that going to school with a bunch of white kids and living with a bunch of white kids is better than going to school with a bunch of black kids and living with a bunch of black kids? That's Wacist..
What I am saying is that going to a better funded school is better than going to a poorly funded school. Thats pretty basic stuff.
Depends on if its in the hood or in a decent place.
The doc argues that the hood is a manufactured environment. Its difficult to disagree with.
Manufactured by liberal social policies that was designed to segregate blacks into slum housing projects.
It worked flawlessly. Prior to these policies and building mass housing units all over the map - America was reasonably unsegregated. After - whole cities overnight became segregated.
And the Democrats applauded.
That wasnt mentioned in the film. It seemed that housing policy was an extension of Jim Crow and designed to keep black folk out of white neighbourhoods. A bit like Soweto.
Perhaps you have a link to illustrate the point you are making ?
That's funny.... "a link".... if you are not familiar with the liberal social policies between the Democrats and blacks from the 1960s - 1980s.... then what the hell are you posting on an American forum about Black struggles??
Seriously... how could it be possible you don't know?
You never heard of welfare?? Never heard of the housing projects? Never heard of the schools they built next to the projects - so black kids would go there and not white neighborhoods?? Never heard of mass test standards lowered so blacks looked like they were doing ok...when their actual education was little better than 3rd grade??
If a documentary you watched doesn't cover the single largest reason why blacks are so much behind literally every other race in the country - then you should be asking why did they exclude that?
You seem to be full of white supremacist mythologizing. Blaming folk for being oppressed by the system.

This case was covered by the film.

Blacks are oppressed by themselves.

Its basically explaining why America is where it is today. It starts with the fight against segregated housing in Chicago and features Dorothy Guatreaux a black woman who had the outrageous belief that as an American she could live where she chose.

It showed the barriers she faced from whitey in Chicago She won her case but very little changed.

It moves on to Detroit and the case of Helen Moore , a lady who wanted to send her kids to a better school. It explains how housing affects shooling and eventually life chances. The better off areas get better funded schools and it becomes self perpetuating.

Mrs Moore won her case but it then went to the Supreme Court. They agreed that she was suffering discrimination but declined to back the solution of bussing.

The film moves on to the Justice system but I had lost the will to live and I will watch that later.

Its a sobering watch but it trashed the usual racist bolloks we hear on these forums.
Are you saying that going to school with a bunch of white kids and living with a bunch of white kids is better than going to school with a bunch of black kids and living with a bunch of black kids? That's Wacist..
What I am saying is that going to a better funded school is better than going to a poorly funded school. Thats pretty basic stuff.
Better funded doesn’t mean shit idiot. We’ve tried throwing money at shit schools. We found out we were throwing good money after bad.
It is all interlinked, You wont sort it by some token gestures.
How would you even know? Oh, I forgot, you watched a documentary and now are an expert.
Nope. I am an educated man who reads a lot before making my mind up. Whereas you are obsessed with stalking me around the board for some reason.

Better funded doesn’t mean shit idiot. We’ve tried throwing money at shit schools. We found out we were throwing good money after bad.
How would you even know? Oh, I forgot, you watched a documentary and now are an expert.
Nope. I am an educated man who reads a lot before making my mind up. Whereas you are obsessed with stalking me around the board for some reason.
Having a 6th grade education in Wales may pass off as being educated.

Have no problem with people reading it is what you read, garbage in and garbage out. Your views on Seattle and Portland were way off, I lived near and visited them often, I didn't need to read, I saw.

what racist bolloks.? Have you encountered americans here who DO NOT KNOW
that school districts vary across "neighborhoods". It is a fact. Schools are funded
by LOCAL TAXES
Yes Rosie, that is the point. It perpetuates inequality.
your concept of "what perpetuates inequality" is very shallow. A VERY MULTIFACETED
situation

The doc argues that the hood is a manufactured environment. Its difficult to disagree with.
Manufactured by liberal social policies that was designed to segregate blacks into slum housing projects.
It worked flawlessly. Prior to these policies and building mass housing units all over the map - America was reasonably unsegregated. After - whole cities overnight became segregated.
I did not see "the film" ----as to mass housing----at least in New York City----I believe
that the lousy outcome was an UNINTENDED consequence. ------which the jerks in charge
seem to be DESPERATE to reproduce.

Have no problem with people reading it is what you read, garbage in and garbage out. Your views on Seattle and Portland were way off, I lived near and visited them often, I didn't need to read, I saw.
I think you are on the wrong thread. that was a different thread you were stalking me on.

I think you are on the wrong thread. that was a different thread you were stalking me on.
You poor victim! Dummy, I was on that thread long before you.

That wasnt mentioned in the film. It seemed that housing policy was an extension of Jim Crow and designed to keep black folk out of white neighbourhoods. A bit like Soweto.
Perhaps you have a link to illustrate the point you are making ?
That's funny.... "a link".... if you are not familiar with the liberal social policies between the Democrats and blacks from the 1960s - 1980s.... then what the hell are you posting on an American forum about Black struggles??
Seriously... how could it be possible you don't know?
You never heard of welfare?? Never heard of the housing projects? Never heard of the schools they built next to the projects - so black kids would go there and not white neighborhoods?? Never heard of mass test standards lowered so blacks looked like they were doing ok...when their actual education was little better than 3rd grade??
If a documentary you watched doesn't cover the single largest reason why blacks are so much behind literally every other race in the country - then you should be asking why did they exclude that?
You seem to be full of white supremacist mythologizing. Blaming folk for being oppressed by the system.

This case was covered by the film.

What?.... the hell you talking about?
How on earth is telling you about the liberal social policies that entrapped blacks into generational dependence on white handouts make me a white supremacist?? How would that not make THEM white supremacist??
As well as I take offense of that you stupid ass.
My children are minorities. My first wife of 27 years was 100% Mexican. How the fuck am I a white supremacist if I married a Mexican woman??

Like I said... if you are speaking of black struggles in America, and you DON"T know about how welfare/housing projects/lowered standards in education the Democrats did to blacks as a causation.... then you should just go back to your Bangers and Mash and stop talking about something in another country you know nothing about.

Forum List

Back