The catch 22 of the time paradox

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
How do we break this?

There is a philosophy that time is circular in the following fashion.

The information that is available to you from your past experiences determines your actions that you decide to do in order to determine your future.

But in the same time, your future expectations, real or not, determine the information value of your past experiences for your decisions about your actions.

There you go, the catch 22 is complete.

So, at this time, all that someone needs to do is to get authority over you, like being your parent, teacher, boss / centurion, doctor, etc, and edit the information that is available for you from your past experiences and give advice to you about future risks, in order to take control the catch 22 over you and imprison you into it.

How do you escape?

How do you escape?

You think for yourself and you remember these old sayings...

1. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

2. Those who don't learn their history are doomed to repeat their history.

You can only isolate your self to avoid out side influence and destroy prior thought processes of your own. In logic we create a universe of givens. Create a universe where the given truths of the past or your current paradigm are false. Explore what the effect of that is and test that against the reality around you.

You can only isolate your self to avoid out side influence and destroy prior thought processes of your own.

Not necessarily.

If somebody tells me I might be a female...I tell them they are full of shit...they have no influence over my thought process. NONE!

If somebody tells me I should hate Trump because they hate Trump...they have no influence over my thought process.

If a doctor told me my blood was full of parasites and the doctor never drew my blood...I wont be going back to that doctor!

YOU allow anybodies influence over you. They can't have influence over you without your permission.

How do we break this?

There is a philosophy that time is circular in the following fashion.

The information that is available to you from your past experiences determines your actions that you decide to do in order to determine your future.

But in the same time, your future expectations, real or not, determine the information value of your past experiences for your decisions about your actions.

There you go, the catch 22 is complete.

So, at this time, all that someone needs to do is to get authority over you, like being your parent, teacher, boss / centurion, doctor, etc, and edit the information that is available for you from your past experiences and give advice to you about future risks, in order to take control the catch 22 over you and imprison you into it.

How do you escape?
Kind of like the way Americans still vote for democrats and republicans and despite all evidence to the contrary think these 2 political parties can save us from the mess they made?

You can only isolate your self to avoid out side influence and destroy prior thought processes of your own.

Not necessarily.

If somebody tells me I might be a female...I tell them they are full of shit...they have no influence over my thought process. NONE!

If somebody tells me I should hate Trump because they hate Trump...they have no influence over my thought process.

If a doctor told me my blood was full of parasites and the doctor never drew my blood...I wont be going back to that doctor!

YOU allow anybodies influence over you. They can't have influence over you without your permission.
What the fuck are you talking about dumb fuck. The constructed universe works. You set your universe to I am male as a given what evidence in your natural world supports this? Check your pants for a dick. If you find a dick support for you given is found. On the other hand you do not find a dick proof of being male is not found . Either use logic or don't I really don't give a shit.

Ps. There are books on logic pick one up.

Last edited:

Not necessarily.

No because of authority. They can't have influence over you without your permission only if they have no authority over you. But if they have authority over you, then they can influence you even without you knowing. For example look at the soldier of the centurion in the gospel. Or your neighbor. Or your parent. And so on. For example if your friend tells you to do something you can say no and that's it. But the same no feels completely differently if your parent or boss or anyone with time over you commands you. Such is the power of authority. That is why Jesus warns about this single thing. The whole permission thing is subjugated to it. In fact the whole cognitive process is subjugated to it. That is what brings in the catch 22.

No because of authority. They can't have influence over you without your permission only if they have no authority over you. But if they have authority over you, then they can influence you even without you knowing.

Only if you allow it.

I once had a boss give me a direct order to do something illegal and I told him no.

He was utterly beside himself...and yes, I put my job on the line...but I didn't allow it...period!

No because of authority. They can't have influence over you without your permission only if they have no authority over you. But if they have authority over you, then they can influence you even without you knowing.

Only if you allow it.

I once had a boss give me a direct order to do something illegal and I told him no.

He was utterly beside himself...and yes, I put my job on the line...but I didn't allow it...period!

No because the soldier never new about the conversation between his boss the centurion and Christ. So as soon as your boss brings in a higher authority Christly or the other one, your permission is immaterial.

your permission is immaterial.

Only if I consider myself helpless, like a leaf in the wind...which I do not!

I ALLOW influence over me or I don't. Somebodies proclaimed "authority" over me has no affect on my decisions unless I allow it to.

Alot better than being an idiot. Especially since I neither ugly nor miserable. Lol

And yet this thread was moved from the CDZ because you are unable to keep your nasty yap from flapping in the breeze.

I suggest you seriously work on your reading comprehension skills!

your permission is immaterial.

Only if I consider myself helpless, like a leaf in the wind...which I do not!

I ALLOW influence over me or I don't. Somebodies proclaimed "authority" over me has no affect on my decisions unless I allow it to.

There are plenty of people who can prove you wrong. Authority gives them time. And all they need is time to prove you wrong. In fact even Hollywood movies acknowledge that everyone has a breaking point, you don't even need the book of genesis to explain.

New Topics

Forum List

Back