The Chinese firm that can build a skyscraper in a matter of weeks

Ya cuz buildings built for cheap and hastily isn't worrisome. What could possibly go wrong?

Sampoong Department Store collapse - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

800px-Sampungdept25.jpg

502 dead, 937 injured

It is amazing what a totalitarian government can do without building codes.

The Chinese should build all of our Section 8 housing.

Ya cuz buildings built for cheap and hastily isn't worrisome. What could possibly go wrong?

800px-Sampungdept25.jpg

502 dead, 937 injured
Americans could build anything that fast if we went back to building/employment practices that resulted in casualties, like the guys who fell to their deaths and/or drowned building the Golden Gate bridge

Kinda like the Hoover dam.
Over 100 died building it.

This kind of reminds me of the bamboo buildings they were making.

Don't get me wrong bamboo is strong and flexible, check in WWII American bombs would just bounce off of that.

But also reminds me of a tour of hover Damn I took in the 90s after all these years the concrete has yet to cure.

800px-Sampungdept25.jpg

502 dead, 937 injured
Americans could build anything that fast if we went back to building/employment practices that resulted in casualties, like the guys who fell to their deaths and/or drowned building the Golden Gate bridge

No we couldn't. Building construction isn't burdened by regs and such but politics as evidenced by the Freedom Tower's construction which took over 10 years when the Petronas Towers in Malaysia took 3, and the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world's tallest anything over half a mile high took almost 6.

800px-Sampungdept25.jpg

502 dead, 937 injured

No we couldn't. Building construction isn't burdened by regs and such but politics as evidenced by the Freedom Tower's construction which took over 10 years when the Petronas Towers in Malaysia took 3, and the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world's tallest anything over half a mile high took almost 6.

Union iron workers...nuff said.

Maybe we should send everyone in DC to build dams as quickly as possible.

It is amazing what a totalitarian government can do without building codes.

Why, is yours roach infested?
If you have proof, please post it because liberals lie about everything.

This would be a much different board if liberals were required to post proof of all their personal attacks.

Forum List

Back