The creationists are BACK

So you trust something that constantly proves itself wrong over something that science has yet to have been able to prove is wrong.

Just because you make a statement doent mean it is assumed true until proved false. Its presumed false until it can be proved true. And then its always able to be proved false, if scientists are able to. When you say "god exists", its on you to provide evidence that it exists, not on me to prove it doesnt. I cant prove that something doesnt exist if you cant prove it does.

Science doesnt propose an idea without evidence. Once an idea is proposed its just an idea until more evidence can be supported. Then other scientists attempt to prove it wrong. If it cant be proved wrong it becomes more accepted. The longer it lasts, the more accepted.

How does that not sound like solid logic. Evolution hasnt been proved wrong once in 150 years.

There is a big difference between evolution and man evolving from a common ancestory to other species. Religion wouldn't argue that men have evolved over time. That has never been in dispute.

Religion hasn't been proved wrong for many millenium :cool:

Because it hasnt been support by facts. Before science attempts to prove something wrong it has to be supported by facts to even be considered plausible in the first place. You dont even meet the fist criteria.

I have never held the bible up as a scientific document. It's complex, ancient, and has all the missed nuances and context that are to be expected from an ancient document in which many of the words may or may not be what we read them as...

Uhhhh, then how can you have so much faith in the accuracy of the stories the Bible tells if you're not confident in how the book has been translated and edited?

The onus isn't upon detractors to prove it wrong, it's upon the supporter of any idea to prove it TRUE.

Sheesh.

EXACTLY!

So im not sure why the other crazy is asking me to prove god wrong.

There is support for evolution however, lots.

Just because you make a statement doent mean it is assumed true until proved false. Its presumed false until it can be proved true. And then its always able to be proved false, if scientists are able to. When you say "god exists", its on you to provide evidence that it exists, not on me to prove it doesnt. I cant prove that something doesnt exist if you cant prove it does.

Science doesnt propose an idea without evidence. Once an idea is proposed its just an idea until more evidence can be supported. Then other scientists attempt to prove it wrong. If it cant be proved wrong it becomes more accepted. The longer it lasts, the more accepted.

How does that not sound like solid logic. Evolution hasnt been proved wrong once in 150 years.

There is a big difference between evolution and man evolving from a common ancestory to other species. Religion wouldn't argue that men have evolved over time. That has never been in dispute.

Religion hasn't been proved wrong for many millenium :cool:

Because it hasnt been support by facts. Before science attempts to prove something wrong it has to be supported by facts to even be considered plausible in the first place. You dont even meet the fist criteria.

Did Newby ever explain why your links were wrong and that the species you listed were not ancestors of man?

Alliebaba answer my question you fool!

can animals that aren't the same species ever be related?

I'm confident, it's just not a scientific document. I'm confident that it's imbued with the Holy Spirit, and is the inerrant word of God. I am confident that it is exactly as God wants it to be for us, now.

It's about faith. Bible bashers don't get it because they have none, and they read only for the sake of criticizing. They have no desire to learn or to seek the wisdom and holiness, they only want to destroy it.

no none of them will even mention those three hominid skulls or comment on whether they think those Jackal species are related.

They dance around factual answers.

Q: Are those three different Jackal species related? Y/N

Its a yes or no question friend. Simple.

I'm confident, it's just not a scientific document. I'm confident that it's imbued with the Holy Spirit, and is the inerrant word of God. I am confident that it is exactly as God wants it to be for us, now.

It's about faith. Bible bashers don't get it because they have none, and they read only for the sake of criticizing. They have no desire to learn or to seek the wisdom and holiness, they only want to destroy it.

The onus isn't upon detractors to prove it wrong, it's upon the supporter of any idea to prove it TRUE.

Sheesh.

...it's upon the supporter of any idea to prove it TRUE....
...supporter of any idea to prove it TRUE...
...prove it TRUE.....

I'm not questioning your faith in God, I'm questioning your faith in man, man is responsible for years of translations, edits, etc. If you've ever tried to learn a foreign language you know there's a lot of words that don't even translate into another language.

Of course over thousands of years man is going to make mistakes in the accuracy from the original texts to the current texts, it takes unlimited amount of faith in man's ability to translate with perfect accuracy over thousands of years to take the Bible as a perfect book.

no none of them will even mention those three hominid skulls or comment on whether they think those Jackal species are related.

What do you mean RELATED? As in descended from a common ancestor?

If you're saying are they different species with a common ancestor, I would say NO, as I have already said, repeatedly. If they are different species, there is absolutely no evidence they have a common ancestor.

If that's not what you want, then I have no idea what you're blathering about.

And so you would argue that not all members of the Family Canidae are related, only the small groups of animals that are the same species are related? Animals that are within the same genus, but not within the same species, arent related?

Are you serious?

I'm not questioning your faith in God, I'm questioning your faith in man, man is responsible for years of translations, edits, etc. If you've ever tried to learn a foreign language you know there's a lot of words that don't even translate into another language.

Of course over thousands of years man is going to make mistakes in the accuracy from the original texts to the current texts, it takes unlimited amount of faith in man's ability to translate with perfect accuracy over thousands of years to take the Bible as a perfect book.

No, it takes faith in God. God tells us, via the bible, that the bible is true and perfect.

So I believe it. Yes man is imperfect, which is why it takes belief in GOD to believe the bible. When I am confused, I know the confusion is mine, not God's error, and that somewhere I have misinterpreted something. This triggers me to look further and do some more reading and research. And when I do that, it becomes clear.

You guys see something you don't understand and you assume the problem is with the authors. It's not.

If you're saying are they different species with a common ancestor, I would say NO, as I have already said, repeatedly. If they are different species, there is absolutely no evidence they have a common ancestor.

Yup thats exactly what i wanted. So, why is it that the species Canis Lupus has diversified into subspecies but god just made those jackals not changing? Why do you assume they are not descended from a common ancestor, just like you accept that the dog and the wolf, which are in the same species, are.

And so you would argue that not all members of the Family Canidae are related, only the small groups of animals that are the same species are related? Animals that are within the same genus, but not within the same species, arent related?

Are you serious?

Again, I didn't say that at all. Again you are arguing to a point that was never made.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: the Scientific Case for Common Descent

This website will do a better job than I or CB can do. It provides 30 well documented and fact-backed reasons for macroevolution, aka common descent. Which is another way of saying one species evolving into others.

If you have a point of your own, why don't you just make it, instead of all this posturing and manipulation, trying to get me to say what you think I should be saying based upon your own bias? Just say what you want, and debate that, instead of attempting to get me to say something that will fit your pre-prepared argument.

No, it takes faith in God. God tells us, via the bible, that the bible is true and perfect.

So I believe it. Yes man is imperfect, which is why it takes belief in GOD to believe the bible. When I am confused, I know the confusion is mine, not God's error, and that somewhere I have misinterpreted something. This triggers me to look further and do some more reading and research. And when I do that, it becomes clear.

You guys see something you don't understand and you assume the problem is with the authors. It's not.

No it doesn't take faith in God to believe man has translated and edited something perfectly over thousands of years. That requires unwavering faith in MAN to not make mistakes.

Forum List

Back