The dangers of ignoring belief systems

Is this information useful to an Atheist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
I had an exchange with Pogo (on these boards) concerning the "Hail Satan" thread. Pogo denies the existence of Satan, which is fine and well, and certainly within his or anyone else's right.

However, one cannot deny the existence of real-individuals who practice Satanic values, because those people are real.

Other examples of belief systems are FIAT currency (paper money without gold/silver backing) and even the existence of corporations!

So read this exchange and tell me what you think at the end:

It's called "satire", Gummo.

That is, if it even exists. I played the whole video when this thread started, I didn't hear it. Can anyone actually point it out with a time?

There are some thing I take at face value.

--- like the title of the OP? The one that dishonestly calls a single person "pro-abortionists" (plural) even though he has no basis to know what that girl's position is or what the context was? You know, the one we're pretending was a valid premise?

Said it before, saying it again: the concepts of "Satan" and "pro-abortionist" have something in common: neither one exists. Some like to run threads on their own bizarre paranoid fantasies. Others like to join in without a critical eye -- at "face value".

I'll state this from a non-religious perspective:

Regardless of the existence of Satan, the theory and ideology of Satan is well established and understood by those of religious conviction and those without.

To quote part of Shakespeare's Rom & Jul:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Thus when one invokes Satan, you could replace Satan in the chant "Hail Satan" with any other word that describes REAL-WORLD practices that are unobjectionably evil. Such as:

"Murder."
"Rape."
"Robbery."
"Chaos"
"Deceit."

"Hail Murder" "Hail Rape" "Hail Robbery" "Hail Chaos" "Hail Deceit"

How would any of these be different than chanting "Hail Satan."

In fact, "Hail Satan" is an even more powerful chant because it embodies

ALL OF THE ABOVE CHANTS AND MUCH MUCH MORE, in a single word.

So even a non-religious person should understand the dire implications of chanting "Hail Satan" because whether or not they actually believe in Satan, they most certainly understand the real-world practices that are associated with Satan. There are many Atheists and others of non-religious background who READ THE BIBLE and still consider it a good teacher of morals, even if they don't believe most/any of it in the literal sense.

So be very careful when you say "Satan isn't real, so it doesn't matter."

Corporations aren't real either, they are LEGAL FICTIONs that exist on PAPER, and holy shit ARE THEY POWERFUL, and even the Atheist will admit that even Satan exists on PAPER.

----------------------------------------
I once had someone attempt to rebutt this argument by saying that "Corporations are composed of real-individuals, who belong to the Corporation as a whole."

So I replied:
"However, this organization to which they belong, titled the "Corporation" is a legal fiction, correct?"

"Yes," he said.

Then I inquired further,
"Do you not see how you have actually defeated your own argument, and, at the very least, strengthened mine?"

Him being a generally honest person (and an atheist), replied:
"Yes, ideas can exist as "Philosophical Fictions," whose power is derived from real-individuals who "participate" in the established goal of that organization; therefore, even though Satanic theory only exists as a philosophical fiction on paper, there are many practitioners and participants of the ideology itself, thus granting power to the organization. It is very much akin to FIAT CURRENCY, the very name itself implies "belief," or "fiat" or "infidelity." The paper currency draws its power from the BELIEF of its value, which is its established purpose, to be a widget with innate value, irrespective of the market."

So be very aware of what you mean when you say "lulz s4t4n d03sn't exi$t n00b"

This excerpt from the thread actually offers tremendous insight into the entire design and function of human civilization. It is all based upon individuals who unite into groups, beliefs and governments, all of which are FICTIONS, which derive their power from the participation of the real-life individuals.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...

Very appropriate thread for Independence day, no? :)

Last edited:
Excellent point that saying 'hail Satan' embodies all the evils in the world. So, whoever said that is giving a thumbs up to murder, rape, robbery, deceit, etc. whether they realize it or not. It would also salute racism and such, since those are evil.

Even if some people don't believe in religion, they certainly can appreciate good and evil.

well, the funniest thing in all of this is that those who do not believe in Satan and proclaim it here still get offended that their pro-abort views are Satanic which some of the openly claimed:lol:

Thanks for fixing typo in title admin!

The thread still makes no sense, and you’re all over the place in your usual out of context fashion.

What constitutes ‘ignoring’ a belief system?

And how does that manifest ‘danger.’

We do know the danger of ignoring Christian fundamentalism, where they seek to codify religious dogma into secular law at the expense of individual liberty.

Thanks for fixing typo in title admin!

The thread still makes no sense, and you’re all over the place in your usual out of context fashion.

What constitutes ‘ignoring’ a belief system?

And how does that manifest ‘danger.’

We do know the danger of ignoring Christian fundamentalism, where they seek to codify religious dogma into secular law at the expense of individual liberty.

If you possessed reading comprehension and were able to appreciate the arts (The Shakespeare verse), you'd easily be able to answer all of these questions for yourself. That's what Progressives are incapable of, thinking for themselves.

It seems that Clementime and Vox had no problems understanding the text.

However, knowing you possess far more clarity and reasoning than the average progressive on these forums, I am aware that you perfectly understood what I had typed, so why don't you just state what's wrong or where you disagree.

I'll answer one question though, since it may not be immediately implicit:

"Ignoring a belief system" is dismissing the potential ability of any ideology or belief system (simply because it is based on Faith or Fiat) to project power/control into the real world. There are many Christians in the Middle East who don't believe in Islam, but they certainly experience the raw projection of its power.

"Manifest danger," you answered your own question with a simple example, so why did you ask?

Were there any other problems you had?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back