The difference between Islam and other religions

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Libby, a Bookworm Room friend, came up with one of the most accurate statements I’ve ever seen distinguishing Islam from other religions. I have to share it with you:

The difference between Islam and other religions is that while other religions inspire their followers to control themselves to avoid sin, the followers of Islam seek to control their environment to avoid sin.

What a great definition!

Judiasm was modernized by Greece.

Christianity was modernized by Greece & then Rome.

Islam is still waiting for modernization.

It's still all commands.

The logic of the Greeks made it a choice to both accept or reject. Rome brought a central authority to acceptance and rejection of their books.

Islam?

Not so much. That's the true failure (imho) with Islam.

It's still all commands.

The logic of the Greeks made it a choice to both accept or reject. Rome brought a central authority to acceptance and rejection of their books.

Islam?

What is modernizing : ) changing religions ?

Yeah islam still is not "modernized" , because we dont fool people by changing it . its the same for 1500 years .

It's still all commands.

Islam?

Islam has been modernized by America.

Libby, a Bookworm Room friend, came up with one of the most accurate statements I’ve ever seen distinguishing Islam from other religions. I have to share it with you:

The difference between Islam and other religions is that while other religions inspire their followers to control themselves to avoid sin, the followers of Islam seek to control their environment to avoid sin.

What a great definition!

Christianity was the same way until it started to loose influence as people started turning away in disbelief. Weren't the secular controls exerted by the Pontiff culminating in the burning of witches and the Inquisitions "controlling their environment"? In the US, the many great awakenings led by the Copperheads and then the Southern Baptists were not that dissimilar.

Ultimately, all religions are the same in that they acquire their authority through the use of irrational and fabricated "divine" revelations.

What a great definition!

Islam came from Catholics who quit their traditions of Catholicism and helped a false prophet named Mohammed restart his failing religion. There are many teachings in Islam that the old Roman Catholic Church believed in.

However, we saints know that Christianity is a false religion used by God to teach men how to build things. Most Muslims live in buildings and worship in mosques so they are no different than any other sinner who worships false gods and idols. This means they can't obey the commandments of our Creator.

Forum List

Back