The Halloween Thread

[MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION]
You can always go to your local novelty store for some of the best (and sickest) Halloween decorations...of course the best time to go is when this season is over and everything is half off or more...

Contest_VI___Gore_Art___1lugar_by_dark_br.jpg

Halloween, as marketed in the USA, is, by far, the most obnoxious and stupid so-called "holiday" of all!!!

You teach impressionable young people to go out and beg sweets from total strangers - another case of showing them how they don't need to earn them for themselves.

It is such a farce from the original meaning that it should be outlawed.

The original meaning of All Hallowed Evening was the return from the grave of loved ones to be celebrated by those left behind. The Catholic church, as it did so many other local beliefs, turned it into a Christian event.

In almost every other nation in the Americas, people go to the graves of their ancestors and have a small celebration of their lives and how they will someday be with them.

Another example of a holiday being destroyed by marketing.

Hell, they're already advertising Christmas stuff on TV. Before, they would at least wait until Thanksgiving - which is another lie-filled holiday.

You can always go to your local novelty store for some of the best (and sickest) Halloween decorations...of course the best time to go is when this season is over and everything is half off or more...

I have some great stuff......Just difficult to think of a new way to do things every year....
I have witches on brooms, flying goblins, a 7 foot talking skeleton, 2 dozen ceramic skulls I made myself. made to look life like....Bags of bones that look real..... fog machine, sound effects....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9wO6MX1yqs]Halloween 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I have some great stuff......Just difficult to think of a new way to do things every year....
I have witches on brooms, flying goblins, a 7 foot talking skeleton, 2 dozen ceramic skulls I made myself. made to look life like....Bags of bones that look real..... fog machine, sound effects....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9wO6MX1yqs]Halloween 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

You have a Victorian looking house with a big porch across the front. I would go with a Victorian theme. Do some research into Victorian~Gothic themed Halloween decorations. I'd also put a limited amount of stuff out on the lawn, a series of themed 'settings' leading up to the front door/porch area. Each setting depicting a certain situation or idea. Also a 'themed' setting at each end of the porch and near the door. Each one (on the lawn and on the porch) lit maybe with a big pumpkin (i.e., subtle lighting). Less is more and a consistent Victorian~Gothic theme throughout. I'd alternate the 'settings' on the lawn closer to and farther away from the walkway up to the porch. That's what I would do. :)
82f65200d7aaecb5261aebadaea2098a.jpg

46ba47ccd429a9ef39b28461ef2e59a3.jpg

A Victorian Grave
c17b69ebf3de50d963853bfa55111a5a.jpg
c730d42cb4e72ec64e3e5b0bd058b61b.jpg
dfbd99c1a2d74e4f03f7fe0a04cc6bec.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back