The heart Cries: two sisters died of poisoning

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
The identities of the children killed Wednesday in an apparent case of criminal negligence in Jerusalem have been revealed: Avigayil Gross, 2, and Yael Gross, 4. The two will be laid to rest Thursday at the Har HaMenuhot cemetery in Jerusalem.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Brothers Michael, 5, and Yitzhak, 7 are reportedly still fighting for their lives. Their situation has been downgraded to critical condition and they have been transferred to the Schneider Medical Center in Petah Tikva.

Wednesday's tragedy occurred after an exterminator left highly toxic materials - phosphine, the same agents used in Syria's chemical weapons - in the apartment's enclosed security room, also known as the "Mamad" or bomb shelter.

Apparently, the security room's seal was less effective than the storage requirements for the chemical require, and the poison spread throughout the apartment over several days.

Children Killed in Jerusalem Poisoning Identified - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

--------------

b0417.gif

The identities of the children killed Wednesday in an apparent case of criminal negligence in Jerusalem have been revealed: Avigayil Gross, 2, and Yael Gross, 4. The two will be laid to rest Thursday at the Har HaMenuhot cemetery in Jerusalem.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Brothers Michael, 5, and Yitzhak, 7 are reportedly still fighting for their lives. Their situation has been downgraded to critical condition and they have been transferred to the Schneider Medical Center in Petah Tikva.

Wednesday's tragedy occurred after an exterminator left highly toxic materials - phosphine, the same agents used in Syria's chemical weapons - in the apartment's enclosed security room, also known as the "Mamad" or bomb shelter.

Apparently, the security room's seal was less effective than the storage requirements for the chemical require, and the poison spread throughout the apartment over several days.

Children Killed in Jerusalem Poisoning Identified - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

--------------

b0417.gif
Makes me sick to my stomach.

The four year-old daughter of a Jerusalem family poisoned in their Givat Mordechai home has died Wednesday, as disturbing new information about the material responsible surfaces.

Dr. Ovadiah Shemesh, Deputy Director of Jerusalem's Sha'arei Tzedek hospital, revealed that the poison responsible for killing a 2-year old and a 4 year-old and hospitalizing the rest of their family is the same material used in chemical weapons in Syria.

Investigators have named the material as Phosphine, a powerful poison that is flammable, odorless, and difficult to detect.

"There is no medication available to treat poisonings like this," Dr. Shemesh stated to Channel 2. "We treat patients exposed to the substance with oxygen treatments and fluid regimens to help the body stabilize."

"We are talking about the same poison that was used in the Syrian chemical weapons attacks," he continued. "I have encountered cases of exposure before, but never something as tragic as this."

'Chemical Weapon' Suspected in Jerusalem Poisoning - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

Prayers for Yizhak and Michael, sons of Michal and Shim'on Gross.

The four year-old daughter of a Jerusalem family poisoned in their Givat Mordechai home has died Wednesday, as disturbing new information about the material responsible surfaces.

Dr. Ovadiah Shemesh, Deputy Director of Jerusalem's Sha'arei Tzedek hospital, revealed that the poison responsible for killing a 2-year old and a 4 year-old and hospitalizing the rest of their family is the same material used in chemical weapons in Syria.

Investigators have named the material as Phosphine, a powerful poison that is flammable, odorless, and difficult to detect.

"There is no medication available to treat poisonings like this," Dr. Shemesh stated to Channel 2. "We treat patients exposed to the substance with oxygen treatments and fluid regimens to help the body stabilize."

"We are talking about the same poison that was used in the Syrian chemical weapons attacks," he continued. "I have encountered cases of exposure before, but never something as tragic as this."

'Chemical Weapon' Suspected in Jerusalem Poisoning - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

This is very sad.

I am curious though as to why you felt the need to highlight twice that it was the same as the chemical weapons used in attacks in Syria. That hardly seems pertinent to anything at all.

For instance, here (below) is a report where neither Syria nor chemical weapons are even mentioned.

2 sisters died, siblings fighting for their lives after exposure to pesticid... - Israel News, Ynetnews

What a terrible, terrible tragedy. My heart go's out to their family and I hope the others make a full and speedy recovery.:(

This is so sad. Who did this?

image.jpg
image.jpg

--------------

b0417.gif

This is so sad. Who did this?

image.jpg
image.jpg

--------------

b0417.gif

A very incompetent exterminator

This is very sad.

I am curious though as to why you felt the need to highlight twice that it was the same as the chemical weapons used in attacks in Syria. That hardly seems pertinent to anything at all.

For instance, here (below) is a report where neither Syria nor chemical weapons are even mentioned.

2 sisters died, siblings fighting for their lives after exposure to pesticid... - Israel News, Ynetnews

Yeah, but that was not my source.

This is very sad.

I know. I was just curious as to why you chose to highlight those two sections.

I guess it isn't important. It is sad when children die, no matter the cause.

I hope the two little boys pull through.

The chemical used is unauthorized in extermination in Israel and the health department warned about this chemical close to human beings.

The exterminator is now under arrest and the idea behind mentioning it in the article is to warn others to check and to not ignore the law

Yes, heard about it yesterday. We pray for their full recovery, and praise their parents for their strength

This is very sad.

I know. I was just curious as to why you chose to highlight those two sections.

I guess it isn't important. It is sad when children die, no matter the cause.

I hope the two little boys pull through.

I am wondering if this "incompetent exterminater" was not really incompetent but just a psychopathic killer who knew just what he was doing. I wonder what his background is and is any other children have suffered at his hands.

Another family actually was hospitalized few days ago , suspicion for poisoning, the exterminator gave them a "house call" as well, but their condition wasn't serious. We don't know much about them except that those were mother and 8 year old daughter from Jerusalem. Their condition wasn't severe, thank God.

The man is still under arrest.

Another family actually was hospitalized few days ago , suspicion for poisoning, the exterminator gave them a "house call" as well, but their condition wasn't serious. We don't know much about them except that those were mother and 8 year old daughter from Jerusalem. Their condition wasn't severe, thank God.

Was he a Jew or was he muslim ?

Was he a Jew or was he muslim ?

We're not sure. Few days ago the name of this guy was published even with the gag-order. But apparently this could have been an innocent mistake. We know they talk about Jeruselamite Jewish citizen called "Exterminator Joseph Barkan", but we're not 100% it's really the man involved.

So, yeah...

Forum List

Back