The insidious ways Trump hurts gullible American citizens.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
"Lawley’s story isn’t unique. In a lawsuit filed on behalf of Lawley and other patients in May, her insurer and its affiliates were accused of selling policies that “left patients with little or no insurance for comprehensive care, excluding coverage for preexisting conditions and prescription drugs and imposing very low dollar limits on other services.”

These policies were the kind of skimpy, low-grade plans that Obamacare had sought to marginalize, if not outright eliminate. And for a time, the law did just that.

Then Donald Trump became president.

Trump entered the White House promising to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, the landmark health care reform bill that became law in 2010. He spent most of his first year in office trying to push various repeal plans through Congress. Those attempts largely failed, except for the repeal of the individual mandate that was included in the tax legislation Congress passed in December 2017."

Neither party seems to get this, but when you put government in charge of something, eventually your political enemies will be in charge of it. If you don't want Republicans fucking up your health care, then don't make health care a government concern. Otherwise, stop whining.

Last edited:
At some point an individual has to be responsible for themselves. Trump didn't stop a person from reading the insurance policy.

"Lawley’s story isn’t unique. In a lawsuit filed on behalf of Lawley and other patients in May, her insurer and its affiliates were accused of selling policies that “left patients with little or no insurance for comprehensive care, excluding coverage for preexisting conditions and prescription drugs and imposing very low dollar limits on other services.”

These policies were the kind of skimpy, low-grade plans that Obamacare had sought to marginalize, if not outright eliminate. And for a time, the law did just that.

v
Trump entered the White House promising to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, the landmark health care reform bill that became law in 2010. He spent most of his first year in office trying to push various repeal plans through Congress. Those attempts largely failed, except for the repeal of the individual mandate that was included in the tax legislation Congress passed in December 2017."

Vox? Come on.

Do you pay for insurance you don't understand or haven't read?

I have one of those so called "skimpy, low-grade plans that Obamacare had sought to marginalize"

Obamacare screwed me out of it for years...but thanks to Trump I can buy catastrophic care plans again. It saves me thousands of dollars per year. I pay for doctors visits out of pocket...my HSA covers that AND the if I need minor hospitalization, I cover that too...but if I get cancer or need major surgery, my catastrophic care plan covers that. I don't NEED or WANT Obamacare.

Read your policy BEFORE you commit to it. If you don't...that ain't Trump's fault...it's yours.

berg80 ... Get back on track man. If you've got problems with Trump...fine. But please don't post this garbage. Vox is not a credible source and this was idiotic.

"Gullible" are we?

Tell that to the kids tearing down statues of abolitionists.

Low cost insurance was simply catastrophic care. End of discussion.

Gullible Americans ==> Blacks

Who duped them ==> Obama

It's a Vox article that does not support the OP's assertion.

Forum List

Back