The lefty Science Fiction writers defeated by free thinking sci fi writers....sad for them...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
yes...one of my favorite writers, Larry Correia, and several other conservative/libertarian writers launched a campaign to fight political correctness in the Science fiction writing community....the left have been thugs here as well.....and they just handed the lefty Big Brother types a defeat.......in the form of nominations for the Hugo Awards.....awards that have apparently been under the thumb of lefty fascists for years.....

Hugo Awards Upset Fans Say No to the SJWs

In February, we reported on the “Sad Puppies” campaign, a tongue-in-cheek bid by science fiction & fantasy (SF&F) authors to draw attention to an atmosphere of political intolerance, driven by so-called “social justice warriors,” that is holding the medium back. Spearheaded by authors Larry Correia and Brad R. Torgersen, the campaign sought to break the stranglehold of old cliques by encouraging a more politically diverse group of fans to take part in the annual Hugo Awards.

A week of rumours about the campaign’s success were confirmed this Saturday with the announcement of the final Hugo Awards ballot. Authors and works endorsed by the Sad Puppies nominations slate swept the field, a reflection of just how many new fans the rebel authors have brought into the Hugo process.

Considered writing a sci-fi novel that takes pot shots at feminists and the star trek type utopia i.e. multiple dominant female characters, and one male that pisses them off and 'corrupts' the ideal societies he comes across.

Considered writing a sci-fi novel that takes pot shots at feminists and the star trek type utopia i.e. multiple dominant female characters, and one male that pisses them off and 'corrupts' the ideal societies he comes across.

There was a sci fi show that did that a few years back...I think it was the new iteration of that Rod Serling show the Twilight Zone or the other show of that time period...the actor who was in An Officer and A Gentleman, the guy who killed himself, is brought out of suspended animation in a future where there are no men, only women.....and in good liberal fashion he creates tension and discord among all the wonderful females.....and they end up putting him back into suspended animation......

Back when Sci-Fi was Sci-Fi and not fantasy it included some very conservative themes. For instance World Without Men by Charles Eric Maine, 1984 by George Orwell, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, and many many more;

From C.E. Maine's "World Without Men:::"

" - At the end of a long address – the Khrushchev-like secret speech to which I have already alluded – the Mistress informs her subordinates that, “test four-six-five must be destroyed.” The Mistress insists that the infant in the incubator amounts to no more than “the result of a successful experiment in micro-cytology” in respect of which “there is no question of human status.” She offers that the male child’s mere existence threatens an outbreak of “hysteria” in the society; she uses the allegation of this threat to justify destroying the child. Cordelia bursts out in an uncontrolled, spontaneous defense of the child, but she quickly interprets her own outrage as precisely the “hysteria” that the Mistress has invoked. She retracts her defense, but the deed itself falls to her subalterns. One of these, Koralin, undertakes to fulfill the responsibility.

Koralin’s willingness is in fact a ruse. She boldly removes “test four-six-five” from the premises. On intelligence gleaned through her connection with the underground, Koralin conveys the baby to “Birm” (Birmingham), where she comes, a suppliant, to Aubretia.

Koralin argues to Aubretia that killing the baby “would have meant the end of all hope for the perverted and neurotic society in which we live.” She invokes the “parthenogenetic adaptation syndrome,” saying, “it sounds like a disease, and that’s exactly what it is.” The disease will prove fatal, she continues, “unless we reintroduce the male sex and revert to a normal way of living.” Thus, “this baby… could be the savior of womankind.” Maine selects the term “savior” carefully, pointing back by means of it to the Gospel references in “The Man.” Koralin likens the lesbiocracy to something inhuman and moribund and death-obsessed – “laboratories, experiments in human embryology, fertility centers, induced parthenogenesis, cultivated lesbianism” – that sacrificially seeks the destruction of a mere baby. “There was another parthenogenetic male,” she tells Aubretia, “a miracle child that was referred to as the savior of mankind,” whom “the state set out systematically to destroy.”

Sharpening the parallelism, Koralin says: “For thousands of years the world has awaited a second Messiah. And now he has arrived, Aubretia, and authority will attempt to destroy him before he destroys it.”

One notes that Maine has not identified the child as a supernatural Messiah; he has merely defined a child, in this case a male child, as supremely sacred. On this child’s survival depends the restoration of the natural, the true, order. The entirety of World Without Men pleads for the natural, the true, order and pleads for it unapologetically - "

World Without Men The Forgotten Novel of Totalitarian Lesbiocracy by Charles Eric Maine The Brussels Journal

Science fiction as Fantasy (and it's hard to find much "hard" science fiction from the past 30 years) written by the new authors born since about 1970 is a forward looking ideal mythology, and as such is populated by dragons (and other weird creatures from the genre of "Dungeons and Dragons" that teen age boys so habituated themselves to in the eighties) and sword play, and more readily a horse for transportation than a shuttle-craft.

That;s the state of what passes for Sci-Fi nowadays IMO.

Last edited:

There was a sci fi show that did that a few years back...I think it was the new iteration of that Rod Serling show the Twilight Zone or the other show of that time period...the actor who was in An Officer and A Gentleman, the guy who killed himself, is brought out of suspended animation in a future where there are no men, only women.....and in good liberal fashion he creates tension and discord among all the wonderful females.....and they end up putting him back into suspended animation......
New Outer Limits.
S4, Ep17
3 Jul. 1998
Lithia
Major Jason Mercer awakes from a cryogenics experiment to a primitive earth society devoid of men. His presence among these women, many of whom have never seen a man, begins to complicate the relationships of the colony, with disastrous results."

Outer Limits did this in 1998,
"Lithia" is set in 2055, in a world populated only by women. Almost all the previous population was killed years earlier in a war, followed by a plague that killed the remaining men.
Lithia The Outer Limits - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Sadly, the Hugo Award has never been considered particularly prestigious in the SF Community because it is voted on by fans, not writers (unlike the Nebula Award, where you have to be an established, published author to vote.)

It's why clap-trap like the new Star Treks get awards, even though most of it isn't very good.

Sadly, the Hugo Award has never been considered particularly prestigious in the SF Community because it is voted on by fans, not writers (unlike the Nebula Award, where you have to be an established, published author to vote.)

It's why clap-trap like the new Star Treks get awards, even though most of it isn't very good.
I don't like exclusive clubs or award committees, as establishment groups always come across as snobbish or elitist.

Noble Peace Prizes are perhaps the best example, where people get them for doing very little and basically get them on the basis of their status in society - dictators and warmongers get then like candy.

Not everything is about left and right. The conservative idea that everything is politicized is beyond ridiculous.

I don't like exclusive clubs or award committees, as establishment groups always come across as snobbish or elitist.

Noble Peace Prizes are perhaps the best example, where people get them for doing very little and basically get them on the basis of their status in society - dictators and warmongers get then like candy.

I think we need a better standard of what constitutes good SF other than letting the fanboys vote.

Especially since most of the fan boys didn't even read the books or stories they are voting on, they just heard on a right wing website that this is a story you need to vote for.

Planet Earth (starting John Saxon):

A man awakens from suspended animation and finds himself in the 22nd century, where he finds that women rule the world and that men are slaves called Dinks. He is captured and sold as a slave, but escapes and hooks up with a male rebel movement.

Planet Earth TV Movie 1974 - IMDb

yea the new movies is Star Trek in name only....

I have been following this story..George R.R. Martin chimed in....and of course the lefties are doing what they normally do....going after the nominated authors personally regardless of the quality of their work.....

George R. R. Martin responds Monster Hunter Nation

Larry....

I don’t think I ever said it was all a Social Justice conspiracy, and if I did, I was probably being flippant. I said it was politically biased. SJWs are just the loudest. The bias comes in a few forms, some of which you’ve already agreed with.

1. The author is popular with, or part of, some of the cliques.
  2. The book appeals to the cliques’ politics (which overwhelmingly skew left).
  3. The author has managed to not upset the angriest of all cliques which shall not be named.
Violate one of those rules and you are hosed.

But appeasing political bias and being a good book are not mutually exclusive. Something can satisfy A-C and still be a good book. There have been plenty of good works that still got onto the ballot. Yet you are trying to dismiss our argument that there is bias, by saying look at these good books that satisfy our bias! And meanwhile, we are all like, where are all the works that violated A, B, or C?

Last edited:
Sci Fi Nerds are probably worse than Christians in forming sects and fighting amongst themselves.

Which is why you get the Star Wars vs. Star Trek vs. Doctor Who nerdiness.

Forum List

Back