The memory you want to have when you die...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Of all of your favorite memories, what is that one memory that you never want to forget?
Mine:
It was 1990. About 7:00am on a Saturday. I just got off of work. I didn't work night shift then, I was called in to fix a problem at 1:00am. We were supposed to go somewhere that morning, something my wife was looking forward to, but for the life of me I don't remember where. At any rate, I was in a really bad mood. The week was a rough one, and here I was beginning the weekend by having to sleep most of Saturday.
I fumbled my way into the front door, and my then 1 year old daughter came running up to me with her arms out wide. "Dedee!..Dedee!"
It was the first time she said "Daddy".
Well...it was no longer a bad day. It was a great day.

I used to have visions while awake. I saw a wide plain of lush grass with a huge tree in the distance- on the horizon. Decades passed and while watching a movie with wife and daughter, the final scene was that very vision. The tears were streaming down my face. I asked Mrs. H. the significance of that scene, and she said it's the Tree of Life. I'd never heard of it.

Another would be of a very realistic sleeping dream that I once had. I was in a car that slammed into a brick wall. I died, and fell to earth in front of a small simple cabin. I went inside and there was my father whom I hadn't seen since he died in 1967, along with all my friends and relatives who had died before me. They were happy as could be.

But for completeness, nothing could top the time that I was drowning and had just plain given up. As I went under water for the last time, my life flashed before me. It wasn't a visual experience, but I felt it in its entirety. It was so brief, so complete, and so damned awesome. I said a brief prayer and felt at peace. And from nowhere my foot lighted on a rock. Just enough so that I could hold my mouth above the water and catch my breath and regain my strength. I eventually swam to shore, puked my guts out, and broke down crying.

Forum List

Back