The most underrated cuisine is American

Oh, yeah! Bulgogi. That is awesome.
My Korean Kitchen has good recipes.

I'm right next to an AFB. There are a handful of Korean restaurants. I can get pick it up cheaper than I can make it.

Arguably you can trace back origins of BBQ to the colonist learning cooking methods of the American Indians.
The "plainer" foods such as meatloaf/mash/green beans is not really American. That is the foods settlers ate in Europe.
To me, American cuisine is like so many things American - we take basic foods and experiment the hell out of it to produce varieties of what was once very simple food. Cajun is a good example, BBQ another. Craft beer is a fine example of Americans willingness to stray from traditions and do new things.
I'm with you until you started talking craft beer--beer has been crafted since the monks in Belgium and before.
I am talking about what is referred as "craft beer"
For Pete's sake I wasn't talking about beer period. It is one of the most ancient alcoholic drinks on the planet.
There is even some signs of early man drinking fermented grain water before civilization.
What the Belgian monks were brewing was very similar to what you call "craft" beer. Those beers were and still are some of the best "craft" beers in the world.
Uh...no.
Belgian beers are a style all their own. Fermented at higher temps with strains pretty much only used when making Belgian beers.
American craft beer is all over the map. There are no other beers in the world that are anything like the huuuge variety of American beer.
If you want to compare many American craft beers to something else, it would clearly be British India Pales. Over hopped on purpose in order to stay drinkable on long ship journeys going to India. American IPAs alone have more varieties than the entire wine industry the world over.
European beers are strictly traditional. Indeed, several countries are like Germany where no matter who owns an old brand, they are prohibited by law to make any changes in the beers ingredients. As well as it is only legal to make and sell beer that ONLY has three ingredients - water, grain and hops. American brewers are as non traditional as you can get.

Forum List

Back