The NYPD Are Making Themselves Look Really Small With Their Anti-DeBlasio Antics

Have they defied any direct orders?

No.

They have every right to protest and a silent turning of the back is certainly more acceptable than shutting down bridges and highways.
Good observation.

Right now the NYC cops are only demonstrating. The next step could (and might) be a "rule-book job action" in which they pay careful if not exaggerated attention to every bureaucratic rule in the Procedures Manual, the ultimate consequence of which will be a dramatic increase in street crime, substantially diminished summons revenues, and traffic jams all over the City.

So DeBlasio would be wise to alter his tactics and deal quietly and internally with the obvious problems in NYPD. He needs to re-direct his public criticisms from the rank-and-file cops to their excessively powerful union -- which is where the real problem lies.

How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

Not to mention not setting a good example. They are only making things worse.
The notion that de Blasio is 'anti cop' is of course ridiculous and unfounded; police officers are at liberty to express their opinions, but in this case their inference is incorrect.

Every one of your posts on this thread has been obtusely racist, and you think you can accuse others of hatred?
idiot-0011.gif
A great American once said, "I welcome your hatred!"

Another great American said Vigilante is a dumb piece of shit. That American was me.

You aren't a great American. No Leftwat is.
Fortunately, it's not within a teabaggers ability to make that decision.

It is and I can prove it.

Only Leftwats say, "but we're patriotic too!" as though it were in question.

Nobody questions the patriotism of conservatives. We are great Americans and don't need to convince anyone of it.
What have you done that makes you a great American?

His fear mongering: On December 3, 2014, de Blasio stated in a speech following a grand jury decision not to indict NYPD officer Daniel Panteleo in the death of Eric Garner that he and his black wife Chirlane McCray, had had many conversations with their son regarding taking "special care in any encounters he has with the police officers who are there to protect him." The mayor explained that what he and his wife did was "What parents have done for decades who have children of color, especially young men of color, [which] is train them to be very careful whenever they have an encounter with a police officer," adding "I have talked to many families of color. They have had to have the same conversation with their sons."
Bill de Blasio - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

He created an atmosphere of distrust and hate towards the police. In short he is a scumbag.

The fact that they have needed to have that particular talk for decades doesn't matter, but mentioning it is creating an atmosphere of distrust? Here's a hint, you dumb goober,.....the distrust is already there. That's why they have had to have that talk for decades. Surely you aren't that dumb and childish are you?
When a person is in a position of PUBLIC TRUST they need to exercise fidelity to the position. Spreading that kind of talk does not meet that standard.

That's just stupid. Are you saying that just ignoring the fear that blacks have had of cops for decades doesn't matter if it's never mentioned? That discussion with young black men has been happening all across the country for a long time. The cops should be embarrassed that is was mentioned instead of mad.

I show my fear of something by charging on it. :poke:

My parents taught me not to go around wielding guns, or mouth off to cops, because that is the type of shit the gets you shot or put in jail. When I get stopped by cops, I don't get shot or arrested. Not because I'm white, but because I keep my cool and I treat them with respect.

DeBlasio probably told his kid the same thing, however, the context and way in which he said this, implied that blacks should fear, and hence "rightly" hate cops, was wrong.
Wow, you are claiming that cops are animals. They're gonna turn their backs on you.

How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

Not to mention not setting a good example. They are only making things worse.

how are the riots/thugs and protesters helping the situation visibly defying the law and order?

They must think that the police should pander to criminals and assaulters.

Not to mention setting a bad example for kids and the public in general. They only make things worse.

Everyone knows the police treat young black men differently. Are New York's finest really so thin-skinned that their boss giving citizens some straightforward sympathy must be cause for protest?

And I'm sure this is in no way influenced by the ongoing contract negotiations between City Hall and the police union...

everyone knows that black men commit almost all the crime. Are liberal white panzies and black racists really so thin-skinned that they give props tio the criminals who show no respect for law and order and life?

And I'm sure this is in no way influenced by Al, Jesse and Barack.

When no indictment was forthcoming from the Garner grand jury, even some conservatives expressed their disapproval.

Telling how quickly that changed.
Did it?

This thread has nothing to do with that sentiment. Rather, it is about a protest action by the police because they see the mayor as taking an opening to politicize this and WORSEN the situation rather than his job.

You can't constantly shove race into everyone's face, drag race into every last goddamn conversation, call people racists at the slightest (or no) provocation, divide people by race, constantly defend one race even when they break the law, and then act like someone took your fucking toys when those people finally decide to fight back.

"Gosh, why in the WORLD would you SAY such a thing?"

Bullshit.

Those who do this are making this worse, and they don't care.

Calm down son, you're having a meltdown.

Take a chill pill, relax.

Wish I could, but I hate to see what has been done to generations of American Blacks by PC/Identity Politics as much as I hate what has been done to thousands of young American military families by needless war & interventionism.

My two biggest issues. They make me angry. It is what it is.

Have they defied any direct orders?

No.

They have every right to protest and a silent turning of the back is certainly more acceptable than shutting down bridges and highways.
That has nothing to do with my OP.

1.They are making themselves look really small, I guess that's who they are right now
2. How are they helping?

I think they are protesting in a perfectly acceptable manner.

I agree, the ones turning their backs are being childish and cocky son of a B's....

and so is their Union Head with his mouthing off...

They are stirring up trouble imho, instead of being what they are paid to be while in uniform, Peace Officers...

I expect it from every day numbskull protesters, but not from the supposed Peace Officers being paid by citizens.... and while in Uniform....

If they want to protest then take the Uniform off and go to the streets and protest, like the rest of us citizens have to do...and get a permit for it too! and make sure they don't block traffic or the Brooklyn Bridge :D
Are they not doing their jobs?

They have every right to protest the mayor and his idiocy

You want honesty? How about putting your ass on the line only to have the rug pulled out from under you by the Mayor what would you do? I know what I would do, I would do exactly what the police did. The police did an admirable job of speaking their displeasure while continuing to do their jobs.
I want specifics...

What EXACTLY Did DeBlasio Do That Has The Political Leadership of the NYPD In Such A Tizzy?
His fear mongering: On December 3, 2014, de Blasio stated in a speech following a grand jury decision not to indict NYPD officer Daniel Panteleo in the death of Eric Garner that he and his black wife Chirlane McCray, had had many conversations with their son regarding taking "special care in any encounters he has with the police officers who are there to protect him." The mayor explained that what he and his wife did was "What parents have done for decades who have children of color, especially young men of color, [which] is train them to be very careful whenever they have an encounter with a police officer," adding "I have talked to many families of color. They have had to have the same conversation with their sons."
Bill de Blasio - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

He created an atmosphere of distrust and hate towards the police. In short he is a scumbag.

The fact that they have needed to have that particular talk for decades doesn't matter, but mentioning it is creating an atmosphere of distrust? Here's a hint, you dumb goober,.....the distrust is already there. That's why they have had to have that talk for decades. Surely you aren't that dumb and childish are you?
When a person is in a position of PUBLIC TRUST they need to exercise fidelity to the position. Spreading that kind of talk does not meet that standard.

That's just stupid. Are you saying that just ignoring the fear that blacks have had of cops for decades doesn't matter if it's never mentioned? That discussion with young black men has been happening all across the country for a long time. The cops should be embarrassed that is was mentioned instead of mad.

I never said that. A Public Servant has a responsibility maintain the public trust DiBlasio did not do that and the police showed their distrust in him in an orderly fashion.

I agree that it is costly to keep hiring new people, HOWEVER, I have worked in upper management for too many Corporations to KNOW that they would be fired....without blinking an eye....
No, I don't buy that.

A CEO wouldn't engage in wholesale firing if something like that happened. What would likey happen is that middle managers and first-line supervisors would be giving the rank-n-file employees a good talking to about proper behavior of adults in the workplace.

Every one of your posts on this thread has been obtusely racist, and you think you can accuse others of hatred?
A great American once said, "I welcome your hatred!"

Don't forget that the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference, and the same can be said of hate.

One has to care a LOT about something or someone to truly hate it / them.

I agree that it is costly to keep hiring new people, HOWEVER, I have worked in upper management for too many Corporations to KNOW that they would be fired....without blinking an eye....
No, I don't buy that.

A CEO wouldn't engage in wholesale firing if something like that happened. What would likey happen is that middle managers and first-line supervisors would be giving the rank-n-file employees a good talking to about proper behavior of adults in the workplace.

Nooo, please don't bring back this ridiculous CEO/employee analogy. I don't care which side you're arguing, this is about police and the mayor, and that's so different from anything in the private sector as to make any comparison useless.

Everyone knows the police treat young black men differently. Are New York's finest really so thin-skinned that their boss giving citizens some straightforward sympathy must be cause for protest?

And I'm sure this is in no way influenced by the ongoing contract negotiations between City Hall and the police union...

everyone knows that black men commit almost all the crime. Are liberal white panzies and black racists really so thin-skinned that they give props tio the criminals who show no respect for law and order and life?

And I'm sure this is in no way influenced by Al, Jesse and Barack.

Was Eric Garner committing a crime? Was John Crawford III? The truth is black men do not enjoy the benefit of the doubt with a police that is likely to apply lethal force immediately. And forgetting this for even a moment can have serious consequences for them.

Again, this is a completely obvious reality. Throwing a department-wide temper tantrum because someone in authority observed it isn't asking for respect, it's demanding unquestioning reverence.

I have to wonder if the reaction wouldn't be more reasonable if the police union wasn't seeking leverage in its contract negotiations...

When no indictment was forthcoming from the Garner grand jury, even some conservatives expressed their disapproval.

Telling how quickly that changed.

Most conservatives called for this guy to be fired as well, which is still a possibility. Most conservatives are also against public sector unions in general. Most conservatives also realize Garner was technically breaking the law, however its one of those chickenshit prog laws.

What THIS conservative has a problem with is DeBlasio trying to score political points with one of his bases (blacks) by inferring all cops are a threat to his multi-racial son. THAT pissed of the NYPD rank and file. You then follow up that with an assassination by someone who claims its in revenge for all the recent shit going on, and what do you expect the perception to be?

One can argue that the cops are being childish by turning their backs on de Blasio I suppose. However, I would rather have the cops being "childish" than the mayor being racially divisive for political expediency. As sins go, "childishness" seems to be one of the least destructive.
In the normal world, if you are upset with the head of the organization you work for and have grievances, you go to your immediate Boss, and have them handle it.... you don't turn you back on the CEO when he walks in a room...you handle the situation PROFESSIONALLY with your own immediate superiors....

I'm sorry, their actions are just simply those of infants and not mature adults and that's kinda scary that these are the guys that are suppose to protect us....? Please!!!

So this begs the question. What's worse, employees turning their back on the CEO or the CEO turning his back on the employees. Can we at least agree that de Blasion is not a CEO that inspires confidence in his employees?
No, we cannot agree on that, because it's not t true. It's simply just. not. true.

If your argument is that the police are acting badly then it would stand to reason that their boss (CEO) is at least partially responsible. Unless you think a good "CEO" has no control over his workers. Unless of course, you think de Blasio's police force is above reproach. I find it interesting that you think Guilliani was responsible for his police force but de Blasio isn't responsible for HIS police force. I don't see how one can scorn the police but not their boss. Political convenience?

Forum List

Back