The NYPD Are Making Themselves Look Really Small With Their Anti-DeBlasio Antics

How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

Not to mention not setting a good example. They are only making things worse.

LOL, liberals are always saying the boss isn't the one who matters, it's the workers. Now suddenly you're in bed with the boss and it's the job of his employees to just make him happy and suck up.

The answer to your question though is that like our President, the Mayor of NY is at heart a street thug.

No. Liberals have, do and always will voice strong concerns over the militarization of law enforcement and against abuses of authority. At the same time, we stand for the rights of law enforcement officers to organize and negotiate the terms of their contracts. Nothing new.

I don't know what that means, which means I understand you perfectly since you don't know either.

You want honesty? How about putting your ass on the line only to have the rug pulled out from under you by the Mayor what would you do? I know what I would do, I would do exactly what the police did. The police did an admirable job of speaking their displeasure while continuing to do their jobs.
I want specifics...

What EXACTLY Did DeBlasio Do That Has The Political Leadership of the NYPD In Such A Tizzy?

Are you this stupid, I gave you the answer...Here, read the article!

Bill de Blasio details talk with son about dealing with cops - NY Daily News

What parent hasn't had a similar conversation with their kids? My kids are white and I had that conversation with them. I have seen how local cops operate with young people of all colors. They profile, stop and harass on a daily basis.

“With Dante, very early on, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Don’t move suddenly. Don’t reach for your cellphone,’” said deBlasio.

How DARE he say that to his son!!!!

You must live in a crappy neighborhood. In wealthy areas, the cops are great to us, including our kids.

Great point!!

You get what you pay for, and they know who pays most of their salaries.

"The NYPD Are Making Themselves Look Really Small With Their Anti-DeBlasio Antics"

And conservatives seeking to exploit the deaths of the two NYC police officers for some perceived political gain are succeeding in making themselves look reprehensible.

You mean like Trevvor and Brown? No wait, that was you...

How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

LOL, liberals are always saying the boss isn't the one who matters, it's the workers. Now suddenly you're in bed with the boss and it's the job of his employees to just make him happy and suck up.

The answer to your question though is that like our President, the Mayor of NY is at heart a street thug.

No. Liberals have, do and always will voice strong concerns over the militarization of law enforcement and against abuses of authority. At the same time, we stand for the rights of law enforcement officers to organize and negotiate the terms of their contracts. Nothing new.

I don't know what that means, which means I understand you perfectly since you don't know either.

You are failing again. You might try honesty. It will help you.

this has not been New York City's finest week------
HOWEVER-----possibly owing to the weather ---the thing did not spin out of control---------rain and freezing cold puts a
damper on riots

"The NYPD Are Making Themselves Look Really Small With Their Anti-DeBlasio Antics"

And conservatives seeking to exploit the deaths of the two NYC police officers for some perceived political gain are succeeding in making themselves look reprehensible.

oh please, Grave dancing is the Democrat/liberal forte. how about Gabby Giffords. Mother Sheehan, Newton, etc etc
so sit down

What parent hasn't had a similar conversation with their kids? My kids are white and I had that conversation with them. I have seen how local cops operate with young people of all colors. They profile, stop and harass on a daily basis.

“With Dante, very early on, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Don’t move suddenly. Don’t reach for your cellphone,’” said deBlasio.

You must live in a crappy neighborhood. In wealthy areas, the cops are great to us, including our kids.

Great point!!

Yes! You are right! Poor people ought to have no expectation of being treated with respect by cops. It's all so simple.

This is one way to bring a slime ball Politician to his knees...:clap2:

bill-de-blasio-bill-bratton.jpg

He's got nothing to apologize for.

You are failing again. You might try honesty. It will help you.

Um...OK?

Great point!!

Yes! You are right! Poor people ought to have no expectation of being treated with respect by cops. It's all so simple.

strawman

Izzat so...?

Aren't you people the ones claiming that now the police won't do their jobs by protecting those in the black community, the ones you're calling "rioters?"

Can't you people be honest for ONCE in your lives?
You want honesty? How about putting your ass on the line only to have the rug pulled out from under you by the Mayor what would you do? I know what I would do, I would do exactly what the police did. The police did an admirable job of speaking their displeasure while continuing to do their jobs.
I want specifics...

What EXACTLY Did DeBlasio Do That Has The Political Leadership of the NYPD In Such A Tizzy?

That's not necessarily true either. When I lived in a fairly good neighborhood and worked a night shift I was hassled all the damn time simply because I was the only car on the road at 2am.

They would stop me every damn week at least once, perform an illegal search and then release me as they couldn't find a damn thing. Then they would feed me some bullshit lie about why they stopped me, cuffed me and searched my vehicle without cause. Usually it was a light that was 'out' but miraculously was working again.

There are bad apples everywhere that abuse their power simply because they can. they piss all over the image of those cops that are out there doing things correctly and trying to uphold the law as much as humanly possible. It is infuriating that the few make such a large impression.

Great point!!

strawman

Really? Isn't that what you said?

Have they defied any direct orders?

No.

They have every right to protest and a silent turning of the back is certainly more acceptable than shutting down bridges and highways.
That has nothing to do with my OP.

1.They are making themselves look really small, I guess that's who they are right now
2. How are they helping?

I think they are protesting in a perfectly acceptable manner.

Acceptable manner? Then you would support the protests of Westboro Baptist Church too.

The only one the police were disrespectful of was Officer Ramos. They turned his funeral into a political tantrum, just like Westboro.

The Mayor asked for a deescalation of protests and politicizing after the two officers were slain. But the childish police decided to politicize during Ram's eulogy...

I want specifics...

That's not necessarily true either. When I lived in a fairly good neighborhood and worked a night shift I was hassled all the damn time simply because I was the only car on the road at 2am.

They would stop me every damn week at least once, perform an illegal search and then release me as they couldn't find a damn thing. Then they would feed me some bullshit lie about why they stopped me, cuffed me and searched my vehicle without cause. Usually it was a light that was 'out' but miraculously was working again.

There are bad apples everywhere that abuse their power simply because they can. they piss all over the image of those cops that are out there doing things correctly and trying to uphold the law as much as humanly possible. It is infuriating that the few make such a large impression.

I agree, there are bad apples everywhere. But our experience with cops in our neighborhoods have been overwhelmingly positive. I've lived in 8 States, my career has been management and management consulting. If there's a bad cop in Cary, North Carolina, where I live now, I haven't met them yet. The cops here are great.

When I am not in the areas where I live, I find cops to be more of a mixed bag. Still more good than bad though. My business is in Durham, which isn't nearly as affluent as Cary. When I see them around my business though, they have also been overwhelmingly good.

I'm totally for rooting out the bad ones, I just object to the left's portrayal of assume bad until proven otherwise, then assume bad again.

Great point!!

strawman

Really? Isn't that what you said?

No, it isn't. Maybe you should take a few hours a week off posting and take remedial reading.

oh no you don't go CHANGING the subject. now sit your ass down
NYPD making fools of themselves is what this thread is about, remember?
"On April 18, 2000, Diallo's mother, Kadiatou, and his stepfather, Sankarella Diallo, filed a US$61,000,000 ($20m plus $1m for each shot fired) lawsuit against the City of New York and the officers, charging gross negligence, wrongful death, racial profiling, and other violations of Diallo's civil rights.

"In March 2004, they accepted aUS $3,000,000 settlement.

"The much lower final settlement was still reportedly one of the largest in the City of New York for a single man with no dependents under New York State's 'wrongful death law', which limits damages to pecuniary loss by the deceased person's next of kin."

Shooting of Amadou Diallo - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I agree, there are bad apples everywhere. But our experience with cops in our neighborhoods have been overwhelmingly positive. I've lived in 8 States, my career has been management and management consulting. If there's a bad cop in Cary, North Carolina, where I live now, I haven't met them yet. The cops here are great.

When I am not in the areas where I live, I find cops to be more of a mixed bag. Still more good than bad though. My business is in Durham, which isn't nearly as affluent as Cary. When I see them around my business though, they have also been overwhelmingly good.

I'm totally for rooting out the bad ones, I just object to the left's portrayal of assume bad until proven otherwise, then assume bad again.

The left does not portray them that way.

You have had some pleasant personal experiences with cops. I have too. Never been hassled myself. I'm the father of a really good and honest police officer.

Did you see that? I just portrayed every cop that I have ever met as being a good cop. That's over 100 cops and not a single bad experience. And..I am a lefty. I just blew your bullshit rhetoric away.

How about a retraction?

Forum List

Back