The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Circa 450 BC

"Of the triremes the number proved to be one thousand two hundred and seven, and these were they who furnished them:–the Phoenicians, together with the Syrians who dwell in Palestine furnished three hundred; and they were equipped thus, that is to say, they had about their heads leathern caps made very nearly in the Hellenic fashion, and they wore corslets of linen, and had shields without rims and javelins. These Phoenicians dwelt in ancient time, as they themselves report, upon the Erythraian Sea, and thence they passed over and dwell in the country along the sea coast of Syria; and this part of Syria and all as far as Egypt is called Palestine."

Herodotus, History 2:89

Circa 450 BC

"Of the triremes the number proved to be one thousand two hundred and seven, and these were they who furnished them:–the Phoenicians, together with the Syrians who dwell in Palestine furnished three hundred; and they were equipped thus, that is to say, they had about their heads leathern caps made very nearly in the Hellenic fashion, and they wore corslets of linen, and had shields without rims and javelins. These Phoenicians dwelt in ancient time, as they themselves report, upon the Erythraian Sea, and thence they passed over and dwell in the country along the sea coast of Syria; and this part of Syria and all as far as Egypt is called Palestine."

Herodotus, History 2:89
Fascinating!!

I had no idea that Assyrians and Copts considered themselves Palestinians, or that they ever called their homelands Palestine.

It will most certainly come as a shock to them :(

So, if Syria and Egypt are supposed to be Palestine, does that mean that all the Palestinians who are living in those areas are truly home and should not be made to live in refugee camps anymore?

I guess you ignored the part where Herodotus stated "dwell in the country along the sea", i.e. Palestine or Παλαιστίνη.

I guess you ignored the part where Herodotus stated "dwell in the country along the sea", i.e. Palestine or Παλαιστίνη.

450 BC the Land of Israel was called Israel or Judea.
Maybe he was just dreaming?

After all it does mention Hellenic fashion, which means that the Greeks were around at the time.

Judea (Greek form of Judah, the Tribe of Judah, one of the twelve tribes)

I really do not recall the Greeks or Romans calling the area Palestine (before 135 CE) but ....who knows.....

Maybe you can find where the invading, conquering Greeks or Romans called the area Palestine before 135 CE (by the Romans) ?

After all it does mention Hellenic fashion, which means that the Greeks were around at the time.

I really do not recall the Greeks or Romans calling the area Palestine (before 135 CE) but ....who knows.....

Maybe you can find where the invading, conquering Greeks or Romans called the area Palestine before 135 CE (by the Romans) ?

Maybe your Hasbara dreams have gotten the better of you. Herodotus is considered the father of history, not Hasbara propaganda.

Maybe your Hasbara dreams have gotten the better of you. Herodotus is considered the father of history, not Hasbara propaganda.
Still, what does him being the father of history has to do with what most nations in the area called the Land of Israel, which is Judah, because of the tribe, or Judea, as the Greeks spelled it and how it came to be known even during the Roman times and until this day?

According to Herodotus it was known as Palestine when he wrote about the area, 450 BC.
Too bad for him. The Hebrew, Israelites knew their homeland as Israel. And after the Assyrian invasion, what was left as Judea, for the tribe of Judah (Yehudah).
And it has been known as Judea and Samaria (Shomron) since then, even to this day.

How many Arabs does it take to let you know that they did not care for the word Palestine, or being known as Palestinians until 1964, and not because they "felt" like Palestinians?

According to Herodotus it was known as Palestine when he wrote about the area, 450 BC.
Too bad for him. The Hebrew, Israelites knew their homeland as Israel. And after the Assyrian invasion, what was left as Judea, for the tribe of Judah (Yehudah).
And it has been known as Judea and Samaria (Shomron) since then, even to this day.

How many Arabs does it take to let you know that they did not care for the word Palestine, or being known as Palestinians until 1964, and not because they "felt" like Palestinians?

Palestine originated as a Roman name, palaestina, imposed on Jews and ancient Israel about 2000 years ago in an attempt to erase the Jewish history and heritage of the land which dates back several centuries before Rome existed. Palestine is the English anglicized version of palaestina. Palaestina referred to the Philistines, ancient enemies of the Israelites, non-indigenous invaders from Greece

Arabs historically called Syria “Sham” which simply means “land to the left” There’s no p in Arabic

Last edited:

Um, Herodotus was Greek and wrote in Greek, referring to Philistines who were Greek invaders. Israel existed several centuries before Herodotus was born, verified by archaeology

First time the foreign name palestine designated a land was when Romans imposed it on Jews and ancient Israel, palaestina

Of course the “leaders” of the Jewish people would be buried in their own Land and low and behold; it isn’t Palestine
egypt.gif

Genesis 47:30 [ Israel speaks ] but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me where they are buried." I will do as you say," he said.

Genesis 50:5 My father made me swear an oath and said, "I am about to die; bury me in the tomb I dug for myself in the land of Canaan. "Now let me go up and bury my father; then I will return.'"

Genesis 50:7 So Joseph went up to bury his father. All Pharaoh's officials accompanied him--the dignitaries of his court and all the dignitaries of Egypt--

Genesis 50:10 When they reached the threshing floor of Atad, near the Jordan, they lamented loudly and bitterly; and there Joseph observed a seven-day period of mourning for his father.

Genesis 50:11 When the Canaanites who lived there saw the mourning at the threshing floor of Atad, they said, "The Egyptians are holding a solemn ceremony of mourning." That is why that place near the Jordan is called Abel Mizraim.

Genesis 50:13 They carried him to the land of Canaan and buried him in the cave in the field of Machpelah, near Mamre, which Abraham had bought as a burial place from Ephron the Hittite, along with the field.

Genesis 23:17 So Ephron's field in Machpelah near Mamre--both the field and the cave in it, and all the trees within the borders of the field--was deeded

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.

Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:

Genesis 50:13 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a burying place of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

Last edited:
Of course the “leaders” of the Jewish people would be buried in their own Land and low and behold; it isn’t Palestine
View attachment 156028
Genesis 47:30 [ Israel speaks ] but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me where they are buried." I will do as you say," he said.

Genesis 50:5 My father made me swear an oath and said, "I am about to die; bury me in the tomb I dug for myself in the land of Canaan. "Now let me go up and bury my father; then I will return.'"

Genesis 50:7 So Joseph went up to bury his father. All Pharaoh's officials accompanied him--the dignitaries of his court and all the dignitaries of Egypt--

Genesis 50:10 When they reached the threshing floor of Atad, near the Jordan, they lamented loudly and bitterly; and there Joseph observed a seven-day period of mourning for his father.

Genesis 50:11 When the Canaanites who lived there saw the mourning at the threshing floor of Atad, they said, "The Egyptians are holding a solemn ceremony of mourning." That is why that place near the Jordan is called Abel Mizraim.

Genesis 50:13 They carried him to the land of Canaan and buried him in the cave in the field of Machpelah, near Mamre, which Abraham had bought as a burial place from Ephron the Hittite, along with the field.

Genesis 23:17 So Ephron's field in Machpelah near Mamre--both the field and the cave in it, and all the trees within the borders of the field--was deeded

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.

Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:

Genesis 50:13 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a burying place of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

Thank you for those quotes from the Bible. Have you ever been to the Tomb of the Patriarchs/ Cave of Machpelah in Hebron? UNESCO recently called it a "Palestinian" heritage site, but it's really Jewish.

View attachment 156028

Thank you for those quotes from the Bible. Have you ever been to the Tomb of the Patriarchs/ Cave of Machpelah in Hebron? UNESCO recently called it a "Palestinian" heritage site, but it's really Jewish.
It is a Palestinian Jews Heritage

As long as UNESCO understands that. :)

View attachment 156028

American archaeologists unearth ancient synagogue in Israel

Correct historical name of the land is Israel not palestine. Anyone unaware that Jews are the indigenous People are embarrassingly ignorant ⤵️

Attachments

• B558BC43-2B8C-4186-992C-CEDF0C5FAE08.png
    B558BC43-2B8C-4186-992C-CEDF0C5FAE08.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 91226ADC-EECD-4852-943F-19CF779FC06A.png
    91226ADC-EECD-4852-943F-19CF779FC06A.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Correct historical name of the land is Israel not palestine. Anyone unaware that Jews are the indigenous People are embarrassingly ignorant ⤵️

Europeans are not indigenous to Palestine. The Europeans that practiced Judaism that colonized Palestine are not indigenous to Palestine. They are indigenous to Europe.

Europeans are not indigenous to Palestine. The Europeans that practiced Judaism that colonized Palestine are not indigenous to Palestine. They are indigenous to Europe.
So says Nazi Monte, who cannot help himself but continue to attack the indigenous people of the land of Israel. The Jews.
Keep attempting to delegitimize the indigenous Jewish people so that the Muslims can got back to having the land, out of all of those other other lands, which do not belong to them, from anywhere outside Arabia which they have invaded since the 7th Century CE.

That's a good Christian ! Or so you tell us you are :)

Palestine is from a Roman name imposed on Jews and ancient Israel, “palaestina,” about 2000 years ago, reflecting the ancient Jewish heritage and history of the land.

And, ancient Israel existed 500+ years before Rome.

Houses of Ancient Israel Houses of Ancient Israel

Attachments

• A1CE6D29-8455-43DA-B4DB-A9D03EA32AD9.png
    A1CE6D29-8455-43DA-B4DB-A9D03EA32AD9.png
    844.2 KB · Views: 21

Um, palestine is a European name. Romans renamed ancient Israel palaestina about 2000 years, later anglicized to palestine by European Christians. And, Britain called the British Mandate “British palestine”

Jesus is called King of Israel and King of the Jews in the Bible. The European name palestine does not appear

Ancient Israel is recorded in archaeology dating back 3200+ years. The European name palestine does not appear in archaeology

Israel is the indigenous and only legitimate, correct name of the land for 3000+ years, Jews are the indigenous People

Ancient History of the Jews The Hebrew Bible | The Story of the Jews | PBS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back