The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Says the girl who brought up JC in the first place -- a person unknown in history other than from the Bible, btw.
This is simply false. Please research this stuff yourself. I don't have time to teach history, especially the simple stuff.

Why don't you take some of your own advice and just the Jewish people be people and stop denying their existence.
Jewish people are people. I have never had a problem there. It is your use of "the Jewish people" that creates so much confusion. The majority of your posts would hold more weight by speaking of the zionist people when you use that all encompassing term.

The name of the territory in history has nothing to do with the rights of the TWO very distinct peoples who are now both asking for self-determination and sovereignty. Why don't you post on the solutions thread and give us an idea of how you would solve the conflict.
All those solutions threads are bogus solutions built on impossible premises. And the very idea that I or any of us can solve this is silly.

My personal solution is what I have explained previously. And be aware, that my paper has now morphed into a book. I am writing with a Palestinian friend who escaped Gaza years ago. Our Jesuit priest teacher found us a publisher and will be involved as well. A Jew, Christian and Palestinian working together in harmony whodathunkit, right? Well, actually, this is how it was prior to zionism.

Research
Read
Study
Learn
It must start there.

Yes abi, I'll ask again, what is your solution to the conflict?
#internettroll

See above and sorry for not responding to you sooner, but I can't be here all the time as I have many other things going on.
For someone who wanted honest and intelligent discussion, all I hear now is crickets . . . . doesn't seem very honest to me. Nor academic.
See above and try to chill, please. My first interaction with you was you lying about me, twice, and then finally apologizing (a pretty half-assed apology with insinuations of antisemitism). There is no need to ask three times unless you are here to stalk/troll.

What those of us who were paying attention to the actual events in 1967 really need is some brainwashed young girl who wasn't even close to being alive at the time telling us what really went down.
The zionist narrative is a fantasy. She used Begin's own words. Facts are facts.

abi What happened to you? Why do you not answer honest questions that have been posed to you in this thread? In another thread you said you are not some kid that I can lie about. Well then defend your statements.

Again. What is your source of your claim that Judea was called Palestine centuries before Christ?
#internettrollstalker

Again. What is your source of your claim that Judea was called Palestine centuries before Christ?
Like I explained above to Shusha, please research this stuff yourself. I don't have time to teach history, especially the simple stuff.

HINT: she gave two source in the video.

Interesting, piece of bullshit propaganda. And now for the truth, from the mouth of Arabs and so called Palestinians themselves:
Sorry, we can't use an unsourced web page in academic work any more than we can use the bible. And if you took a few minutes as I did to read some of the stuff published on that page, then you would know that it is a simple propaganda site. Basically, it disqualifies itself.

Jewish people are people. I have never had a problem there. It is your use of "the Jewish people" that creates so much confusion. The majority of your posts would hold more weight by speaking of the zionist people when you use that all encompassing term.

The term "Jewish people" is no more confusing than the terms "French people", "Scots people", or "Catalan people". It is easily understood, except by those who wish to demonize Jews.

The term "Jewish people" is no more confusing than the terms "French people", "Scots people", or "Catalan people". It is easily understood, except by those who wish to demonize Jews.

Actually the term Scots people is pretty confusing.
The Highland Scots are Celts, while the Lowland Scots are Germanic's.

All those solutions threads are bogus solutions built on impossible premises.

Now THIS is an interesting statement. They are ALL bogus solutions?

Because we've covered all our bases in those threads. The only "solution" we haven't covered is an exclusive State with the other peoples removed. But we kinda all agree that is NOT COOL.

So what is this "impossible premise" you speak of? What should be the proper premise to approach the conflict and how will we end it?

LOL. Says the girl who brought up JC in the first place -- a person unknown in history other than from the Bible, btw.
This is simply false. Please research this stuff yourself. I don't have time to teach history, especially the simple stuff.

Why don't you take some of your own advice and just the Jewish people be people and stop denying their existence.

The name of the territory in history has nothing to do with the rights of the TWO very distinct peoples who are now both asking for self-determination and sovereignty. Why don't you post on the solutions thread and give us an idea of how you would solve the conflict.
All those solutions threads are bogus solutions built on impossible premises. And the very idea that I or any of us can solve this is silly.

My personal solution is what I have explained previously. And be aware, that my paper has now morphed into a book. I am writing with a Palestinian friend who escaped Gaza years ago. Our Jesuit priest teacher found us a publisher and will be involved as well. A Jew, Christian and Palestinian working together in harmony whodathunkit, right? Well, actually, this is how it was prior to zionism.

Research
Read
Study
Learn
It must start there.

#internettroll

See above and sorry for not responding to you sooner, but I can't be here all the time as I have many other things going on.
For someone who wanted honest and intelligent discussion, all I hear now is crickets . . . . doesn't seem very honest to me. Nor academic.
See above and try to chill, please. My first interaction with you was you lying about me, twice, and then finally apologizing (a pretty half-assed apology with insinuations of antisemitism). There is no need to ask three times unless you are here to stalk/troll.

What those of us who were paying attention to the actual events in 1967 really need is some brainwashed young girl who wasn't even close to being alive at the time telling us what really went down.
The zionist narrative is a fantasy. She used Begin's own words. Facts are facts.

abi What happened to you? Why do you not answer honest questions that have been posed to you in this thread? In another thread you said you are not some kid that I can lie about. Well then defend your statements.

#internettrollstalker

Like I explained above to Shusha, please research this stuff yourself. I don't have time to teach history, especially the simple stuff.

Interesting, piece of bullshit propaganda. And now for the truth, from the mouth of Arabs and so called Palestinians themselves:
Sorry, we can't use an unsourced web page in academic work any more than we can use the bible. And if you took a few minutes as I did to read some of the stuff published on that page, then you would know that it is a simple propaganda site. Basically, it disqualifies itself.
But we can use you bullshit Pallywood propaganda video, sure Abdul.

Those quotes are real and true, the fact that you can't deal with it is irrelvant!

This claim I have seen so oft-repeated appears to be simply that. It is a claim that was popularized in a propaganda video put out by Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As a bonus, another young lady comes on to explain the claim that the six day war was fought in self defense. It is only six minutes long and I would love the opportunity for academic discussion of these topics. For example, if something is factually incorrect, please state why, and post a source for the correction. Thanks in advance for any help.

Palestinians are the newest of all the peoples on the face of the Earth, and began to exist in a single day by a kind of supernatural phenomenon that is unique in the whole history of mankind, as it is witnessed by a former PLO terrorist that acknowledged the lie he was fighting for and the truth he was fighting against:

“Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?”
“We did not particularly mind Jordanian rule. The teaching of the destruction of Israel was a definite part of the curriculum, but we considered ourselves Jordanian until the Jews returned to Jerusalem. Then all of the sudden we were Palestinians - they removed the star from the Jordanian flag and all at once we had a Palestinian flag”.
“When I finally realized the lies and myths I was taught, it is my duty as a righteous person to speak out”.

The name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic name, but adopted and adapted from the Latin Palæstina . How can an Arab people have a western name instead of one in their own language? Because the use of the term "Palestinian" for an Arab group is only a modern political creation without any historic or ethnic grounds, and did not indicate any people before 1967. An Arab writer and journalist declared:

"There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today... No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough".
- Joseph Farah, "Myths of the Middle East" -

Let us hear what other Arabs have said:

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it".
- Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, Syrian Arab leader to British Peel Commission, 1937 -

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not".
- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian, 1946 -

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but Southern Syria".
- Representant of Saudi Arabia at the United Nations, 1956 -

Concerning the Holy Land, the chairman of the Syrian Delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in February 1919 stated:
"The only Arab domination since the Conquest in 635 c.e. hardly lasted, as such, 22 years".

What other Arabs declared after the Six-Day War:

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".
- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council -

"You do not represent Palestine as much as we do. Never forget this one point: There is no such thing as a Palestinian people, there is no Palestinian entity, there is only Syria. You are an integral part of the Syrian people, Palestine is an integral part of Syria. Therefore it is we, the Syrian authorities, who are the true representatives of the Palestinian people".
- Syrian dictator Hafez Assad to the PLO leader Yassir Arafat -

"As I lived in Palestine, everyone I knew could trace their heritage back to the original country their great grandparents came from. Everyone knew their origin was not from the Canaanites, but ironically, this is the kind of stuff our education in the Middle East included. The fact is that today's Palestinians are immigrants from the surrounding nations! I grew up well knowing the history and origins of today's Palestinians as being from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Christians from Greece, muslim Sherkas from Russia, muslims from Bosnia, and the Jordanians next door. My grandfather, who was a dignitary in Bethlehem, almost lost his life by Abdul Qader Al-Husseni (the leader of the Palestinian revolution) after being accused of selling land to Jews. He used to tell us that his village Beit Sahur (The Shepherds Fields) in Bethlehem County was empty before his father settled in the area with six other families. The town has now grown to 30,000 inhabitants".

-An "ex-Palestinian" terrorist.

You've admitted to Palestinians committing the Hebron Massacre in 1929, but then will say Palestinians didn't exist until 1967.

What a buffoon.

This claim I have seen so oft-repeated appears to be simply that. It is a claim that was popularized in a propaganda video put out by Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As a bonus, another young lady comes on to explain the claim that the six day war was fought in self defense. It is only six minutes long and I would love the opportunity for academic discussion of these topics. For example, if something is factually incorrect, please state why, and post a source for the correction. Thanks in advance for any help.

Palestinians are the newest of all the peoples on the face of the Earth, and began to exist in a single day by a kind of supernatural phenomenon that is unique in the whole history of mankind, as it is witnessed by a former PLO terrorist that acknowledged the lie he was fighting for and the truth he was fighting against:

“Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?”
“We did not particularly mind Jordanian rule. The teaching of the destruction of Israel was a definite part of the curriculum, but we considered ourselves Jordanian until the Jews returned to Jerusalem. Then all of the sudden we were Palestinians - they removed the star from the Jordanian flag and all at once we had a Palestinian flag”.
“When I finally realized the lies and myths I was taught, it is my duty as a righteous person to speak out”.

The name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic name, but adopted and adapted from the Latin Palæstina . How can an Arab people have a western name instead of one in their own language? Because the use of the term "Palestinian" for an Arab group is only a modern political creation without any historic or ethnic grounds, and did not indicate any people before 1967. An Arab writer and journalist declared:

"There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today... No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough".

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it".

Concerning the Holy Land, the chairman of the Syrian Delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in February 1919 stated:
"The only Arab domination since the Conquest in 635 c.e. hardly lasted, as such, 22 years".

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".
- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council -

"You do not represent Palestine as much as we do. Never forget this one point: There is no such thing as a Palestinian people, there is no Palestinian entity, there is only Syria. You are an integral part of the Syrian people, Palestine is an integral part of Syria. Therefore it is we, the Syrian authorities, who are the true representatives of the Palestinian people".

"As I lived in Palestine, everyone I knew could trace their heritage back to the original country their great grandparents came from. Everyone knew their origin was not from the Canaanites, but ironically, this is the kind of stuff our education in the Middle East included. The fact is that today's Palestinians are immigrants from the surrounding nations! I grew up well knowing the history and origins of today's Palestinians as being from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Christians from Greece, muslim Sherkas from Russia, muslims from Bosnia, and the Jordanians next door. My grandfather, who was a dignitary in Bethlehem, almost lost his life by Abdul Qader Al-Husseni (the leader of the Palestinian revolution) after being accused of selling land to Jews. He used to tell us that his village Beit Sahur (The Shepherds Fields) in Bethlehem County was empty before his father settled in the area with six other families. The town has now grown to 30,000 inhabitants".

You've admitted to Palestinians committing the Hebron Massacre in 1929, but then will say Palestinians didn't exist until 1967.

What a buffoon.

Read my post again, dumbass, it's the Arabs and their leaders at the time that said it.

What a buffoon.

Read my post again, dumbass, it's the Arabs and their leaders at the time that said it.

So, you're arguing for a unified Arab state?
Wouldn't that be Israel's worst nightmare?
Because if there's just an "Arab country" and no such thing as Iraq, or Egypt, Jordan, Syria, or Palestine etc.
Well, then there must be an Arab state which is unified, and would amount to over 420 million of them.

What a buffoon.

Because if there's just an "Arab country" and no such thing as Iraq, or Egypt, Jordan, Syria, or Palestine etc.
Well, then there must be an Arab state which is unified, and would amount to over 420 million of them.

They would still find reasons to slaughter each other, just as they’ve done for 1400 years.

Can she tell us why there were no Americans in 1500?

Good question. What were native Americans called before it was America? Were they a different people? Did they just not exist?

What were native Americans called before it was America?

Americans were British.

"Palestinians" were Arabs.

You're probably British, which would explain the kook ideals you support like Zionist, and denying Native American existence pre-British Americans.

Usually only Brits, in fact basically just British Americans are the only people this stupid to follow this junk.

What a buffoon.

They would still find reasons to slaughter each other, just as they’ve done for 1400 years.

Give it some time, and Jews may very well do the same to each other.

Racism in Israel - Wikipedia

Intra-Jewish racism: Racism between Jews
Some Jewish Israelis of European descent, known also as Ashkenazi Jews, have been described as viewing themselves as superior to non-Ashkenazi Jews. They are accused of maintaining an elite position in Israeli society,[150][151] with some describing the attitudes of Ashkenazim as racist or of being a manifestation of racism.[152]

Other authorities describe the discrimination by Ashkenazi as class-based, not race-based.[153][154] For example, the differences between (Mizrahi) Sephardic Jews (N. Africans, Middle Easterners, Yemenites, etc.) are referred to as Adatiyut [155][156][157][158] community-differences (resulting also in some traditional customary gaps).[159]

Some sources claim that reports of intra-Jewish discrimination in Israel arise from propaganda published by Arab sources which ignores the normality and harmony between the communities.[160][161]

Sephardim and Mizrahim (Middle Eastern and North African Jews)

Poster for Shas, a political party formed to represent the interests of religiously observant Mizrahi (Middle Eastern) Jews,[162] featuring Eli Yishai.
See also: Mizrahi Jews
Israeli society in general – and Ashkenazi Jews in particular – have been described as holding discriminatory attitudes towards Jews of Middle Eastern and North African descent, known as Mizrahi Jews, Sephardic Jews, and Oriental Jews.[163] A variety of Mizrahi critics of Israeli policy have cited "past ill-treatment, including the maabarot, the squalid tent cities into which Mizrahim were placed upon arrival in Israel; the humiliation of Moroccan and other Mizrahi Jews when Israeli immigration authorities shaved their heads and sprayed their bodies with the pesticide DDT; the socialist elite's enforced secularization; the destruction of traditional family structure, and the reduced status of the patriarch by years of poverty and sporadic unemployment" as examples of mistreatment.[164] In September 1997, Israeli Labor Party leader Ehud Barak made a high-profile apology to Oriental Jews in Netivot stating:

We must admit to ourselves [that] the inner fabric of communal life was torn. Indeed, sometimes the intimate fabric of family life was torn. Much suffering was inflicted on the immigrants and that suffering was etched in their hearts, as well as in the hearts of their children and grandchildren. There was no malice on the part of those bringing the immigrants here—on the contrary, there was much goodwill—but pain was inflicted nevertheless. In acknowledgement of this suffering and pain, and out of identification with the sufferers and their descendants, I hereby ask forgiveness in my own name and in the name of the historical Labor movement.[165]
Barak's address also said that during the 1950s, Mizrahi immigrants were "made to feel that their own traditions were inferior to those of the dominant Ashkenazi [European-origin] Israelis [Alex Weingrod's paraphrase]."[166] Several prominent Labor party figures, including Teddy Kollek and Shimon Peres, distanced themselves from the apology while agreeing that mistakes were made during the immigration period.[166]

The cultural differences between Mizrahi and Ashkenazi Jews impacted the degree and rate of assimilation into Israeli society, and sometimes the divide between Eastern European and Middle Eastern Jews was quite sharp. Segregation, especially in the area of housing, limited integration possibilities over the years.[167] Intermarriage between Ashkenazim and Mizrahim is increasingly common in Israel, and by the late 1990s 28% of all Israeli children had multi-ethnic parents (up from 14% in the 1950s).[168] A 1983 research found that children of inter-ethnic marriages in Israel enjoyed improved socio-economic status.[169]

Although social integration is constantly improving, disparities persist. A study conducted by the Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics (ICBS), Mizrahi Jews are less likely to pursue academic studies than Ashkenazi Jews. Israeli-born Ashkenazi are up to twice more likely to study in a university than Israeli-born Mizrahim.[170] Furthermore, the percentage of Mizrahim who seek a university education remains low compared to second-generation immigrant groups of Ashkenazi origin, such as Russians.[171] According to a survey by the Adva Center,[172] the average income of Ashkenazim was 36 percent higher than that of Mizrahim in 2004.[173]

Some claim that the education system discriminates against Jewish minorities from North Africa and the Middle East, and one source suggests that "ethnic prejudice against Mizrahi Jews is a relatively general phenomenon, not limited to the schooling process".[174]

There was a case in 2010, when a Haredi school system, where Sephardi and Mizrahi students were sometimes excluded or segregated.[175][176] In 2010, the Israeli supreme court sent a strong message against discrimination in a case involving the Slonim Hassidic sect of the Ashkenazi, ruling that segregation between Ashkenazi and Sephardi students in a school is illegal.[177] They argue that they seek "to maintain an equal level of religiosity, not from racism."[178] Responding to the charges, the Slonim Haredim invited Sephardi girls to school, and added in a statement: “All along, we said it's not about race, but the High Court went out against our rabbis, and therefore we went to prison."[179]

Teimani children (Yemenite Jews)

Yemenite Jews en route from Aden to Israel, during Operation Magic Carpet
See also: Yemenite Jews
In the 1950s, 1,033[180] children of Yemenite immigrant families disappeared. In most instances, the parents claim that they were told their children were ill and required hospitalization. Upon later visiting the hospital, it is claimed that the parents were told that their children had died though no bodies were presented or graves which have later proven to be empty in many cases were shown to the parents. Those who believe the theory contend that the Israeli government as well as other organizations in Israel kidnapped the children and gave them for adoption. Secular Israeli Jews of European descent were accused of collaborating in the disappearance of babies of Yemeni Jews and anti religious motives and Anti-religious coercion were alleged,[181][182][183][184][185][186][187] Some went further to accuse the Israeli authorities of conspiring to kidnap the Yemeni children due to "racist" motives.[188]

In 2001 a seven-year public inquiry commission concluded that the accusations that Yemenite children were kidnapped are not true. The commission has unequivocally rejected claims of a plot to take children away from Yemenite immigrants. The report determined that documentation exists for 972 of the 1,033 missing children. Five additional missing babies were found to be alive. The commission was unable to discover what happened in another 56 cases. With regard to these unresolved 56 cases, the commission deemed it "possible" that the children were handed over for adoption following decisions made by individual local social workers, but not as part of an official policy.[180]

Bene Israel (Indian Jews)
In 1962, authorities in Israel were accused by articles in the Indian press of racism in relation to Jews of Indian ancestry (called Bene Israel).[189][190] In the case that caused the controversy, the Chief Rabbi of Israel ruled that before registering a marriage between Indian Jews and Jews not belonging to that community, the registering rabbi should investigate the lineage of the Indian applicant for possible non-Jewish descent, and in case of doubt, require the applicant to perform conversion or immersion.[189][190] The alleged discrimination may actually be related to the fact that some religious authorities believe that the Bene Israel are not fully Jewish because of inter-marriage during their long separation.[191]

In 1964 the government of Israel led by Levi Eshkol declared that it regards Bene Israel of India as Jews without exception, who are equal to other Jews in respect of all matters.[189]

Beta Israel (Ethiopian Jews)

Ethiopian Israeli soldier
Main article: Beta Israel
Nearly all of the Ethiopian Beta Israel community, a community of Black Jews, resides in Israel. The Israeli government has mounted rescue operations, most notably during Operation Moses (1984) and Operation Solomon (1991), for their migration when civil war and famine threatened populations within Ethiopia.[citation needed] Today 81,000 Israelis were born in Ethiopia, while 38,500 or 32% of the community are native born Israelis.[192]

According to the sociologist Prof. Uzi Rebhun, it represents an ambitious attempt to deny the significance of race.[193] Israeli authorities, aware of the situation of most African diaspora communities in other Western countries, hosted programs to avoid setting in patterns of discrimination.[193] The Ethiopian Jewish community's internal challenges have been complicated by racist attitudes on the part of some elements of Israeli society and the official establishment.[194] Racism has commonly been cited as explanation for policies and programs that failed to meet expectations. Racism was alleged regarding delays in admitting Ethiopian Jews to Israel under the Law of return.[193] The delays in admitting Ethiopians may be attributed to religious motivations rather than racism, since there was debate whether or not Falasha Jews' (Beta Israel) were Jewish.[195][196]

Racism was also alleged in 2009, in a case where school children of Ethiopian ancestry were denied admission into three semi-private religious schools in the town of Petah Tikva. An Israeli government official criticised the Petah Tikva Municipality and the semi-private Haredi schools, saying "This concerns not only the three schools that have, for a long time, been deceiving the entire educational system. For years, racism has developed here undeterred". Shas spiritual leader Ovadia Yosef threatened to fire any school principal from Shas's school system who refused to receive Ethiopian students. The Israeli Education Ministry decided to pull the funding from the Lamerhav, Da'at Mevinim and Darkei Noam schools, the three semi-private institutions that refused to accept the students. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahuspoke out against the rejection of Ethiopian children, calling it "a moral terror attack."[197][198]

When Ethiopians protested that blood donations from their community were thrown out, Harry Wall, the Israeli Director of the Anti-Defamation League stated that it was the result of the high incidence of HIV in Africans, not racism: "Whatever Israel's mistakes towards its Ethiopian Jewish community, the cause is not racism." It explains that "what causes the distress is bureaucratic ineptitude and a cultural gap between a traditional community and a modern, technologically-advanced, highly-competitive nation."[199]

In 2012, Israel appointed the country's first Ethiopian-born ambassador, Belaynesh Zevadia. According to the foreign minister of Israel, this represented an important milestone in fighting racism and prejudice.[200]

Depo Provera prescription controversy
In 2010, Israel was accused of a "sterilization policy" aimed towards Ethiopian Jews, for allowing the prescription of contraceptive drugs like Depo-Provera to the community.[201][202] They stated that the Israeli government deliberately gives female Ethiopian Jews long-lasting contraceptive drugs like Depo-Provera.[201] Jewish agencies involved in immigration said that Ethiopian women were offered different types of contraceptives and that "all of them participated voluntarily in family planning".[201] Dr. Yifat Bitton, a member of the Israeli Anti-Discrimination Legal Center "Tmura" said that 60 percent of the women receiving this contraceptive are Ethiopian Jews, while Ethiopians made up only 1 percent of population and "the gap here is just impossible to reconcile in any logical manner that would somehow resist the claims of racism".[201] Professor Zvi Bentwich, an immunologist and human rights activist from Tel-Aviv, rejected the claim and said there's no ground to suspect a negative official policy towards Ethiopian Jews.[201]

Israel initially denied the claim of imposing a sterilization policy on the Ethiopian women,[201] but later admitted to it, and ordered gynaecologists to stop administering the drugs for women of Ethiopian origin if there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment.[203] Action on the issue finally took place after a documentary aired in December 2012 on public television. In it, 35 Ethiopian women who had immigrated to Israel said they had been told they would not be allowed into Israel unless they agreed to the shots. While Ethiopians have been admitted to Israel, they are often discriminated against in education and in employment. The Times of Israel notes details of a nurse, unaware of a hidden camera, saying Depo-Provera is given to Ethiopian women because "they forget, they don’t understand, and it’s hard to explain to them, so it’s best that they receive a shot once every three months … basically they don’t understand anything." [204]

Thereafter, the Israeli government began an investigation into the policy, and instructed gynecologists not to administer the shots if there is suspicion that the recipient does not fully understand the effects.[205]

What a buffoon.

Give it some time, and Jews may very well do the same to each other.

Racism in Israel - Wikipedia

Intra-Jewish racism: Racism between Jews
Some Jewish Israelis of European descent, known also as Ashkenazi Jews, have been described as viewing themselves as superior to non-Ashkenazi Jews. They are accused of maintaining an elite position in Israeli society,[150][151] with some describing the attitudes of Ashkenazim as racist or of being a manifestation of racism.[152]

Other authorities describe the discrimination by Ashkenazi as class-based, not race-based.[153][154] For example, the differences between (Mizrahi) Sephardic Jews (N. Africans, Middle Easterners, Yemenites, etc.) are referred to as Adatiyut [155][156][157][158] community-differences (resulting also in some traditional customary gaps).[159]

Some sources claim that reports of intra-Jewish discrimination in Israel arise from propaganda published by Arab sources which ignores the normality and harmony between the communities.[160][161]

Sephardim and Mizrahim (Middle Eastern and North African Jews)

Poster for Shas, a political party formed to represent the interests of religiously observant Mizrahi (Middle Eastern) Jews,[162] featuring Eli Yishai.
See also: Mizrahi Jews
Israeli society in general – and Ashkenazi Jews in particular – have been described as holding discriminatory attitudes towards Jews of Middle Eastern and North African descent, known as Mizrahi Jews, Sephardic Jews, and Oriental Jews.[163] A variety of Mizrahi critics of Israeli policy have cited "past ill-treatment, including the maabarot, the squalid tent cities into which Mizrahim were placed upon arrival in Israel; the humiliation of Moroccan and other Mizrahi Jews when Israeli immigration authorities shaved their heads and sprayed their bodies with the pesticide DDT; the socialist elite's enforced secularization; the destruction of traditional family structure, and the reduced status of the patriarch by years of poverty and sporadic unemployment" as examples of mistreatment.[164] In September 1997, Israeli Labor Party leader Ehud Barak made a high-profile apology to Oriental Jews in Netivot stating:

We must admit to ourselves [that] the inner fabric of communal life was torn. Indeed, sometimes the intimate fabric of family life was torn. Much suffering was inflicted on the immigrants and that suffering was etched in their hearts, as well as in the hearts of their children and grandchildren. There was no malice on the part of those bringing the immigrants here—on the contrary, there was much goodwill—but pain was inflicted nevertheless. In acknowledgement of this suffering and pain, and out of identification with the sufferers and their descendants, I hereby ask forgiveness in my own name and in the name of the historical Labor movement.[165]
Barak's address also said that during the 1950s, Mizrahi immigrants were "made to feel that their own traditions were inferior to those of the dominant Ashkenazi [European-origin] Israelis [Alex Weingrod's paraphrase]."[166] Several prominent Labor party figures, including Teddy Kollek and Shimon Peres, distanced themselves from the apology while agreeing that mistakes were made during the immigration period.[166]

The cultural differences between Mizrahi and Ashkenazi Jews impacted the degree and rate of assimilation into Israeli society, and sometimes the divide between Eastern European and Middle Eastern Jews was quite sharp. Segregation, especially in the area of housing, limited integration possibilities over the years.[167] Intermarriage between Ashkenazim and Mizrahim is increasingly common in Israel, and by the late 1990s 28% of all Israeli children had multi-ethnic parents (up from 14% in the 1950s).[168] A 1983 research found that children of inter-ethnic marriages in Israel enjoyed improved socio-economic status.[169]

Although social integration is constantly improving, disparities persist. A study conducted by the Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics (ICBS), Mizrahi Jews are less likely to pursue academic studies than Ashkenazi Jews. Israeli-born Ashkenazi are up to twice more likely to study in a university than Israeli-born Mizrahim.[170] Furthermore, the percentage of Mizrahim who seek a university education remains low compared to second-generation immigrant groups of Ashkenazi origin, such as Russians.[171] According to a survey by the Adva Center,[172] the average income of Ashkenazim was 36 percent higher than that of Mizrahim in 2004.[173]

Some claim that the education system discriminates against Jewish minorities from North Africa and the Middle East, and one source suggests that "ethnic prejudice against Mizrahi Jews is a relatively general phenomenon, not limited to the schooling process".[174]

There was a case in 2010, when a Haredi school system, where Sephardi and Mizrahi students were sometimes excluded or segregated.[175][176] In 2010, the Israeli supreme court sent a strong message against discrimination in a case involving the Slonim Hassidic sect of the Ashkenazi, ruling that segregation between Ashkenazi and Sephardi students in a school is illegal.[177] They argue that they seek "to maintain an equal level of religiosity, not from racism."[178] Responding to the charges, the Slonim Haredim invited Sephardi girls to school, and added in a statement: “All along, we said it's not about race, but the High Court went out against our rabbis, and therefore we went to prison."[179]

Teimani children (Yemenite Jews)

Yemenite Jews en route from Aden to Israel, during Operation Magic Carpet
See also: Yemenite Jews
In the 1950s, 1,033[180] children of Yemenite immigrant families disappeared. In most instances, the parents claim that they were told their children were ill and required hospitalization. Upon later visiting the hospital, it is claimed that the parents were told that their children had died though no bodies were presented or graves which have later proven to be empty in many cases were shown to the parents. Those who believe the theory contend that the Israeli government as well as other organizations in Israel kidnapped the children and gave them for adoption. Secular Israeli Jews of European descent were accused of collaborating in the disappearance of babies of Yemeni Jews and anti religious motives and Anti-religious coercion were alleged,[181][182][183][184][185][186][187] Some went further to accuse the Israeli authorities of conspiring to kidnap the Yemeni children due to "racist" motives.[188]

In 2001 a seven-year public inquiry commission concluded that the accusations that Yemenite children were kidnapped are not true. The commission has unequivocally rejected claims of a plot to take children away from Yemenite immigrants. The report determined that documentation exists for 972 of the 1,033 missing children. Five additional missing babies were found to be alive. The commission was unable to discover what happened in another 56 cases. With regard to these unresolved 56 cases, the commission deemed it "possible" that the children were handed over for adoption following decisions made by individual local social workers, but not as part of an official policy.[180]

Bene Israel (Indian Jews)
In 1962, authorities in Israel were accused by articles in the Indian press of racism in relation to Jews of Indian ancestry (called Bene Israel).[189][190] In the case that caused the controversy, the Chief Rabbi of Israel ruled that before registering a marriage between Indian Jews and Jews not belonging to that community, the registering rabbi should investigate the lineage of the Indian applicant for possible non-Jewish descent, and in case of doubt, require the applicant to perform conversion or immersion.[189][190] The alleged discrimination may actually be related to the fact that some religious authorities believe that the Bene Israel are not fully Jewish because of inter-marriage during their long separation.[191]

In 1964 the government of Israel led by Levi Eshkol declared that it regards Bene Israel of India as Jews without exception, who are equal to other Jews in respect of all matters.[189]

Beta Israel (Ethiopian Jews)

Ethiopian Israeli soldier
Main article: Beta Israel
Nearly all of the Ethiopian Beta Israel community, a community of Black Jews, resides in Israel. The Israeli government has mounted rescue operations, most notably during Operation Moses (1984) and Operation Solomon (1991), for their migration when civil war and famine threatened populations within Ethiopia.[citation needed] Today 81,000 Israelis were born in Ethiopia, while 38,500 or 32% of the community are native born Israelis.[192]

According to the sociologist Prof. Uzi Rebhun, it represents an ambitious attempt to deny the significance of race.[193] Israeli authorities, aware of the situation of most African diaspora communities in other Western countries, hosted programs to avoid setting in patterns of discrimination.[193] The Ethiopian Jewish community's internal challenges have been complicated by racist attitudes on the part of some elements of Israeli society and the official establishment.[194] Racism has commonly been cited as explanation for policies and programs that failed to meet expectations. Racism was alleged regarding delays in admitting Ethiopian Jews to Israel under the Law of return.[193] The delays in admitting Ethiopians may be attributed to religious motivations rather than racism, since there was debate whether or not Falasha Jews' (Beta Israel) were Jewish.[195][196]

Racism was also alleged in 2009, in a case where school children of Ethiopian ancestry were denied admission into three semi-private religious schools in the town of Petah Tikva. An Israeli government official criticised the Petah Tikva Municipality and the semi-private Haredi schools, saying "This concerns not only the three schools that have, for a long time, been deceiving the entire educational system. For years, racism has developed here undeterred". Shas spiritual leader Ovadia Yosef threatened to fire any school principal from Shas's school system who refused to receive Ethiopian students. The Israeli Education Ministry decided to pull the funding from the Lamerhav, Da'at Mevinim and Darkei Noam schools, the three semi-private institutions that refused to accept the students. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahuspoke out against the rejection of Ethiopian children, calling it "a moral terror attack."[197][198]

When Ethiopians protested that blood donations from their community were thrown out, Harry Wall, the Israeli Director of the Anti-Defamation League stated that it was the result of the high incidence of HIV in Africans, not racism: "Whatever Israel's mistakes towards its Ethiopian Jewish community, the cause is not racism." It explains that "what causes the distress is bureaucratic ineptitude and a cultural gap between a traditional community and a modern, technologically-advanced, highly-competitive nation."[199]

In 2012, Israel appointed the country's first Ethiopian-born ambassador, Belaynesh Zevadia. According to the foreign minister of Israel, this represented an important milestone in fighting racism and prejudice.[200]

Depo Provera prescription controversy
In 2010, Israel was accused of a "sterilization policy" aimed towards Ethiopian Jews, for allowing the prescription of contraceptive drugs like Depo-Provera to the community.[201][202] They stated that the Israeli government deliberately gives female Ethiopian Jews long-lasting contraceptive drugs like Depo-Provera.[201] Jewish agencies involved in immigration said that Ethiopian women were offered different types of contraceptives and that "all of them participated voluntarily in family planning".[201] Dr. Yifat Bitton, a member of the Israeli Anti-Discrimination Legal Center "Tmura" said that 60 percent of the women receiving this contraceptive are Ethiopian Jews, while Ethiopians made up only 1 percent of population and "the gap here is just impossible to reconcile in any logical manner that would somehow resist the claims of racism".[201] Professor Zvi Bentwich, an immunologist and human rights activist from Tel-Aviv, rejected the claim and said there's no ground to suspect a negative official policy towards Ethiopian Jews.[201]

Israel initially denied the claim of imposing a sterilization policy on the Ethiopian women,[201] but later admitted to it, and ordered gynaecologists to stop administering the drugs for women of Ethiopian origin if there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment.[203] Action on the issue finally took place after a documentary aired in December 2012 on public television. In it, 35 Ethiopian women who had immigrated to Israel said they had been told they would not be allowed into Israel unless they agreed to the shots. While Ethiopians have been admitted to Israel, they are often discriminated against in education and in employment. The Times of Israel notes details of a nurse, unaware of a hidden camera, saying Depo-Provera is given to Ethiopian women because "they forget, they don’t understand, and it’s hard to explain to them, so it’s best that they receive a shot once every three months … basically they don’t understand anything." [204]

Thereafter, the Israeli government began an investigation into the policy, and instructed gynecologists not to administer the shots if there is suspicion that the recipient does not fully understand the effects.[205]

Well, as long as you have a long cut and paste from wiki, it must be true. However, if ya’ dun’ seen it on YouTube, I’d be more inclined to accept it.

Most people on the Israel, and Palestine forum rarely even venture into the rest of the forum.
Most of them are Zionists.
I guess proving Jewish claims to Israel is the most important thing for America. Haha, right.
F*ck off to Israel.

Awww, now is time for your shot of vodka and continue your coma.

Most people on the Israel, and Palestine forum rarely even venture into the rest of the forum.
I guess proving Jewish claims to Israel is the most important thing for America. Haha, right.
F*ck off to Israel.

What country do you reside in?
The U.S, or Israel?
If it's Israel why are you on this forum?
If it's the U.S why do you never leave the Israel vs Palestine forum?
What a bunch of Zionist shitheads.

F*ck off to Israel.

The U.S, or Israel?

You have confused this site with the one you subscribe to for those live stream adult pay per views.

F*ck off to Israel.

The U.S, or Israel?

"Zionist shitheads" piss me off too. What kind of people make peace offerings to Palestinians, build a security fence to keep them in Israel & even grant them land concessions? Face it you Zionists, no surrounding Arab country, who know the Palestinians best, ever treated them like those Zionist shitheads in Israel.

F*ck off to Israel.

The U.S, or Israel?

"Zionist shitheads" piss me off too. What kind of people make peace offerings to Palestinians, build a security fence to keep them in Israel & even grant them land concessions? Face it you Zionists, no surrounding Arab country, who know the Palestinians best, ever treated them like those Zionist shitheads in Israel.

Want peace Israel? Dump your damn Zionist shithead agenda & start treating the Palestinians with the surrounding Arab country love, justice & respect the Palestinians were so well accustomed to --- And so well deserve. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

F*ck off to Israel.

The U.S, or Israel?

PCHR-Gaza: Israeli Buffer Zone Policies Typically Enforced with Live Fire
May 11, 2015 11:27 PM IMEMC Agencies Gaza Strip, Internal Unrest, News Report 0
gazamappnn.png

11 MAY
11:27 PM
Following disengagement from the Gaza Strip in September 2005, Israel unilaterally and illegally established a so-called ‘buffer zone’, an area prohibited to Palestinians along the land and sea borders of the Gaza Strip. The precise area designated by Israel as a ‘buffer zone’ is not clear and this Israeli policy is typically enforced with live fire. The establishment of the ‘buffer zone’ is illegal under both Israeli and international law.Preventing Palestinians from accessing their lands and fishing areas violates numerous provisions of international human rights law, including the right to work, the right to an adequate standard of living, and the right to the highest attainable standard of health. Enforcing the ‘buffer zone’ through the use of live fire often results in, inter alia, the direct targeting of civilians and/or indiscriminate attacks, both of which constitute war crimes.

Following the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip in November 2012, a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Palestinian armed groups was brokered by the Egyptian government, which included terms related to access to land and sea. In an online statement on 25 February 2013, the Israeli Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) declared that fishermen could now access the sea up to six nautical miles offshore, and that farmers could now access lands in the border area up to 100m from the border fence. However, both references have since been removed from the statement.

Then, on 21 March 2013, the Israeli forces’ spokesperson announced re-reducing the fishing area allowed for Palestinian fishermen from 6 nautical miles to 3 nautical miles. However, on 21 May 2013, Israeli authorities decided to allow fishermen to sail up to 6 nautical miles.

Following the latest Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip (08 July – 26 August 2014), a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Palestinian armed groups was brokered by the Egyptian government, which allowed fishermen to sail up to 6 nautical miles. However, the Israeli naval forces have not allowed fishermen to sail up to this limit as all Israeli attacks have taken place within the 6-nautical- mile fishing area.

Dimensions

On land, inside Palestinian territory

Distance from the border fence, up to which access is permitted:

· Second Intifada (2000): 150 metres

· According to Israel (2010) :300 metres

· 22 November 2012: unclear parameters

· 21 March 2013: 300 metres

In reality, attacks against civilians take place anywhere upto approximately 1.5 kilometres inside the border fence. This constitutes approximately 17% of the total territory of the Gaza Strip.

At sea, off the coast of the Gaza Strip

Distance from the shore, up to which access is permitted:

· Oslo Accords (1994): 20 nautical miles (nm)

· Bertini Commitment (2002): 12 nm

· October 2006: 6 nm

· End of 2007 : 3 nm

· 22 November 2012: 6 nm

· 25 February 2013: unknown

· 12 March 2013: 3 nm

· 21 May 2013: 6 nm

In addition, access is consistently denied in the following areas:

· 1.5 nm in the north along the maritime boundary with Israel

· 1 nm in the south along the maritime boundary with Egypt

Impact

On land

· Approximately 27,000 dunums, 35% of the Gaza Strip’s agricultural

land, can only be accessed under high personal risk, as Israeli attacks may

result in injury or death of civilians.

· 95% of the restricted area is arable land.

· After the evacuation of settlements (2005) and ‘Operation Cast Lead’

(2008-2009), the majority of Palestinian families living in the border areas

abandoned their land and homes.

At sea

· Palestinians are completely prevented from accessing 85% of the

Palestinian maritime areas recognised in the 1994 Gaza Jericho Agreement.

· Approximately 3,700 fishermen work under high personal risk every day

at sea.

· Approximately 8,200 persons work in the fishing industry.

· Approximately 65,000 persons, including individuals who work in the

fishing industry and their dependents, are affected by the ‘buffer zone’

restrictions at sea.

· The area near the coast is markedly over-fished.

» PCHR-Gaza: Israeli Buffer Zone Policies Typically Enforced with Live Fire– IMEMC News

Research
Read
Study
Learn
It must start there.

#internettroll

#internettrollstalker

The History of Israel - Time Line

To try make it simple, here is a timeline. Note in the year 1099, the crusaders killed both Jews and Muslims, meaning that jews have always lived there. They never disappeared from the region that was known as Judea. How you think it was called Palestine centuries before Christ is mind boggling.
Face it, Jews have always lived in that area for thousands of years, they were never completely driven out. The fact that more Jews later came from Europe and elswhere doesnt lessen that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back