The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 89823E38-AB14-4B4A-900A-B49B448DCFFE.png
    89823E38-AB14-4B4A-900A-B49B448DCFFE.png
    485.5 KB · Views: 27
Palestine usually refers to:

• Palestine (region), a geographical and historical region in the Middle East
  • State of Palestine, a modern de jure sovereign state in the Middle East recognized by 136 UN members and with non-member observer state status in the United Nations
  • "Palestinian territories", or "occupied Palestinian territories", terms referring to the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and the Gaza Strip which are occupied or otherwise under the control of Israel
Palestine, area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (the area west of the Jordan River).

The term Palestine has been associated variously and sometimes controversially with this small region, which some have asserted also includes Jordan. Both the geographic area designated by the name and the political status of it have changed over the course of some three millennia. The region (or at least a part of it) is also known as the Holy Land and is held sacred among Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Since the 20th century it has been the object of conflicting claims of Jewish and Arab national movements, and the conflict has led to prolonged violence and, in several instances, open warfare.

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century ce in “Syria Palaestina,” designating the southern portion of the province of Syria, and made its way thence into Arabic, where it has been used to describe the region at least since the early Islamic era. After Roman times the name had no official status until after World War I and the end of rule by the Ottoman Empire, when it was adopted for one of the regions mandated to Great Britain; in addition to an area roughly comprising present-day Israel and the West Bank, the mandate included the territory east of the Jordan River now constituting the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, which Britain placed under an administration separate from that of Palestine immediately after receiving the mandate for the territory.

The name Palestine has long been in popular use as a general term to denote a traditional region, but this usage does not imply precise boundaries. The perception of what constitutes Palestine’s eastern boundary has been especially fluid, although the boundary frequently has been perceived as lying east of the Jordan River, extending at times to the edge of the Arabian Desert. In contemporary understanding, however, Palestine is generally defined as a region bounded on the east by the Jordan River, on the north by the border between modern Israel and Lebanon, on the west by the Mediterranean Sea (including the coast of Gaza), and on the south by the Negev, with its southernmost extension reaching the Gulf of Aqaba.
https://www.britannica.com/place/Palestine

Palestine.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• AE9628B7-D4D0-4357-B8DB-30A2B42380CF.png
    AE9628B7-D4D0-4357-B8DB-30A2B42380CF.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 84D7CC1C-D938-41D0-BD77-36934985D112.png
    84D7CC1C-D938-41D0-BD77-36934985D112.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 25

Attachments

• 3C132D1C-2EE8-45E7-BDE3-995B14A93F2D.png
    3C132D1C-2EE8-45E7-BDE3-995B14A93F2D.png
    485.7 KB · Views: 22
Herod arranged a renovation of the Second Temple in Jerusalem, with a massive expansion of the Temple Mount platform and major expansion of the Jewish Temple around 19 BCE. Around the time associated with the birth of Jesus, Roman Palestine was in a state of disarray and direct Roman rule was re-established.
History of Palestine - Wikipedia

In the beginning the Jews of old lived in Egypt

Gen 42:6 KJV) And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land:

(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

Scripture clearly states that the Jews of old came from Cannon before moving to Egypt
Where the Leaders of the Jewish people were buried is where they believed was their true homeland.

Genesis 50:5 My father made me swear an oath and said, "I am about to die; bury me in the tomb I dug for myself in the land of Canaan. "Now let me go up and bury my father; then I will return.'"

Genesis 50:7 So Joseph went up to bury his father. All Pharaoh's officials accompanied him--the dignitaries of his court and all the dignitaries of Egypt--

Genesis 50:10 When they reached the threshing floor of Atad, near the Jordan, they lamented loudly and bitterly; and there Joseph observed a seven-day period of mourning for his father.

Genesis 50:11 When the Canaanites who lived there saw the mourning at the threshing floor of Atad, they said, "The Egyptians are holding a solemn ceremony of mourning." That is why that place near the Jordan is called Abel Mizraim.

Genesis 50:13 They carried him to the land of Canaan and buried him in the cave in the field of Machpelah, near Mamre, which Abraham had bought as a burial place from Ephron the Hittite, along with the field.

Where the great Jewish leaders were buried is even more proof they are not from Palestine

Genesis 23:17 So Ephron's field in Machpelah near Mamre--both the field and the cave in it, and all the trees within the borders of the field--was deeded

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.

Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:

Genesis 50:14 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

• State of Palestine, a modern de jure sovereign state in the Middle East recognized by 136 UN members and with non-member observer state status in the United Nations
  • "Palestinian territories", or "occupied Palestinian territories", terms referring to the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and the Gaza Strip which are occupied or otherwise under the control of Israel
Palestine, area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (the area west of the Jordan River).

The term Palestine has been associated variously and sometimes controversially with this small region, which some have asserted also includes Jordan. Both the geographic area designated by the name and the political status of it have changed over the course of some three millennia. The region (or at least a part of it) is also known as the Holy Land and is held sacred among Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Since the 20th century it has been the object of conflicting claims of Jewish and Arab national movements, and the conflict has led to prolonged violence and, in several instances, open warfare.

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century ce in “Syria Palaestina,” designating the southern portion of the province of Syria, and made its way thence into Arabic, where it has been used to describe the region at least since the early Islamic era. After Roman times the name had no official status until after World War I and the end of rule by the Ottoman Empire, when it was adopted for one of the regions mandated to Great Britain; in addition to an area roughly comprising present-day Israel and the West Bank, the mandate included the territory east of the Jordan River now constituting the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, which Britain placed under an administration separate from that of Palestine immediately after receiving the mandate for the territory.

The name Palestine has long been in popular use as a general term to denote a traditional region, but this usage does not imply precise boundaries. The perception of what constitutes Palestine’s eastern boundary has been especially fluid, although the boundary frequently has been perceived as lying east of the Jordan River, extending at times to the edge of the Arabian Desert. In contemporary understanding, however, Palestine is generally defined as a region bounded on the east by the Jordan River, on the north by the border between modern Israel and Lebanon, on the west by the Mediterranean Sea (including the coast of Gaza), and on the south by the Negev, with its southernmost extension reaching the Gulf of Aqaba.

View attachment 160264
The name Palestine has long been in popular use as a general term to denote a traditional region, but this usage does not imply precise boundaries.
Palestine's international borders were defined by post WWI treaties. (The map you posted shows Palestine inside its international borders.) The people who normally lived in that territory became citizens of Palestine.

To end my tirade on this subject the Jewish people flourished and multiplied exceedingly while living in Egypt. They would have stayed if Moses had not murdered someone in the streets. The pharaoh tried to capture Moses but fail because Moses and his followers fled. (marking the exodus)

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well

The above few posts are a combination of scripture and my opinion of these events.

You may decide what is right or wrong

To end my tirade on this subject the Jewish people flourished and multiplied exceedingly while living in Egypt. They would have stayed if Moses had not murdered someone in the streets. The pharaoh tried to capture Moses but fail because Moses and his followers fled. (marking the exodus)

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and

Jesus, a devout Jew, walked in the land of Israel, in the Bible

View attachment 160264
The name Palestine has long been in popular use as a general term to denote a traditional region, but this usage does not imply precise boundaries.
Palestine's international borders were defined by post WWI treaties. (The map you posted shows Palestine inside its international borders.) The people who normally lived in that territory became citizens of Palestine.

Palestine, Britain’s name for the British Mandate, the platform for Israeli statehood, ceased to exist in 1948 with the state of Israel.

Palestine never existed

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and

View attachment 160264

Palestine, Britain’s name for the British Mandate, the platform for Israeli statehood, ceased to exist in 1948 with the state of Israel.

Palestine never existed
Link?

View attachment 160264

Palestine never existed
Link?

Ancient Israel The Mesha Stele | Louvre Museum | Paris

Palestine never existed

It doesn't mean what You think.

Nobody says the geographical area was not called Palestine, but Arabs didn't identify with it.
Until this day they identify with either the Northern Arabian or South Yemenite tribes.
Doesn't change the "We are Syrians" part in the Arab declaration.
Arabs didn't identify as Palestinians until the last century when it was politically profitable.

In fact Jews were referred to as "Palestinians among us" 200 years before any Arab even began considering the term:

"The Palestinians living among us have, for the most part, earned a not unfounded reputation for being cheaters, because of their spirit of usury since their exile. Certainly, it seems strange to conceive of a nation of cheaters; but it is just as odd to think of a nation of merchants, the great majority of whom, bound by an ancient superstition that is recognized by the State they live in, seek no civil dignity and try to make up for this loss by the advantage of duping the people among whom they find refuge, and even one another. The situation could not be otherwise, given a whole nation of merchants, as non-productive members of society (for example, the Jews in Poland). So their constitution, which is sanctioned by ancient precepts and even by the people among whom they live (since we have certain sacred writings in common with them), cannot consistently be abolished — even though the supreme principle of their morality in trading with us is "Let the buyer beware." I shall not engage in the futile undertaking of lecturing to these people, in terms of morality, about cheating and honesty. Instead, I shall present my conjectures about the origin of this peculiar constitution (the constitution, namely, of a nation of merchants)."
[Quoted in Immanuel Kant, Anthropology from a Pragmatic Point of View 1785)

Curtis Bowman: An Anti-Semitic Observation From Kant

1) What year was the Palestine Exploration Fund (PEF) founded?

2) When was Ariel Sharon born and where?

3) It was called the mandate for Palestine. True or false?

Let's not get caught up with opinion pieces (spin) and focus on the facts that we can verify.

1. It was founded roughly a 100 years after Jews were referred as "Palestinians" and 102 years before any Arab identified as such.

2. Ariel Sharon was a citizen of the British mandate.

3. Yes, yet Arabs declared to be officially Syrians, with allegiance to a foreign King from Mecca.
2. Ariel Sharon was a citizen of the British mandate.
The British Mandate was not a place.

Yet the Arabs declared they were Syrians, and declared their allegiance to a king from Mecca who helped the British conquer the land.

Ariel Sharon was a Palestine Mandate citizen, while the Arabs didn't want any part of Palestine to be independent, but a part of a bigger Arab empire.
Ariel Sharon was a Palestine Mandate citizen,
The Palestine Mandate was not a place.

A place doesn't have a citizenship, a govt. does.
He was indeed a Mandate citizen.

Arabs declared it to be Syria, and themselves "Arabs" - no mention of anyone else.

Palestinians have always been a separate people from Bedouins, Arabians (the indigenous people of Jordan). Palestine has also been separate from Syria, being a separate administrative unit of the Ottoman Empire and a separate Roman Province. Palestinians that speak Arabic are not Arabians, no more than Tunisians and Egyptians are. The Palestinians, Muslim and Christian are descendants of the indigenous people of Palestine with an admixture of migratory peoples that came to the area from many places and who adopted Christianity first and then Islam as their religions. Jews that converted to Christianity especially after the adoption of Christianity as the Roman state religion in the late 4th century are also ancestors of the Palestinians. Note: Many Jews became Christians in the first 2-3 centuries after the birth of Christ. The first Christians were, in fact, practiced Judaism before becoming Christians.
Thank-you for the sanity. Is anyone here arguing these facts?

Yes the Arabs themselves contradict it :

1st Palestine Arab Congress stated officially:

1 . We consider Palestine as part of Arab Syria as it has never been separated from it at any time. We are connected with it by national, religious, linguistic, natural, economic and geographic bonds.

2. The Declaration made by M. Pichon, Minister for Foreig Affairs for France, that France had rights in our country based on the desires and aspirations of the inhabitants has no foundation and we reject all the declarations made in his speech of 29th December 1918, as our wishes and aspirations are only in Arab unity and complete independence.

3. In view of the above we desire that one district Southern Syria or Palestine should not be separated from the Independent Arab Syrian Government and to be free from all foreign influence and protection.

4. In accordance with the rule laid down by President Wilson and approved by most of the Great Powers we consider that every promise or treaty concluded in respect of our country and its future as null and void and reject the same.

5. The Government of the country will apply for help to its friend Great Britain in case of need for the improvement and development of the country provided that this will not affect its independence and Arab unity in any way and will keep good relations with the Allied Powers. 78

http://content.ecf.org.il/files/M00661_FirstArabCongress1919ParisResolutionArabic.pdf

http://cosmos.ucc.ie/cs1064/jabowen/IPSC/php/db.php?eid=2535

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back