The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool:

Freedom is only as good as that which is allowed.

Is that your dog in the AV? That's my Muffin in mine.

Yes. That's Bear. He's a rescue pup. We got his mom at the same time in 2009. He's originally from Puerto Rico. Mom was a junkyard dog. She's a sweetie and he's a fluffy ball of feisty furriness. And I love his smile! His mom smiles too, finally. She's deaf. Sorry...don't get me started about the pups. :razz:

We got Muffin as a little tiny puppy from a neighbor in 2008.

Yea, I it's funny how the smile on Bear caught my eye. I love it when they smile. Give a hug for me. Thanks. :)

I certainly will. Thanks, too. They even look a bit alike, yes? Very cute!

Ummmm If you need help with a) pm me.... I kinda know that stuff. ;-)

KK. Thx.

So what education discussion/fit?

Any more news on Sharpton, etc? I refuse to watch the news. This Zimmerman reaction has been taken to heights I would have never believed. How's the "neighborhood"?

I hoped and genuinely (naively?) believed that the verdict...whatever it was...would bring validation and closure to this unfortunate and tragic saga. Instead, it's amped everyone up. What a friggin' mess!

Yes. That's Bear. He's a rescue pup. We got his mom at the same time in 2009. He's originally from Puerto Rico. Mom was a junkyard dog. She's a sweetie and he's a fluffy ball of feisty furriness. And I love his smile! His mom smiles too, finally. She's deaf. Sorry...don't get me started about the pups. :razz:

We got Muffin as a little tiny puppy from a neighbor in 2008.

Yea, I it's funny how the smile on Bear caught my eye. I love it when they smile. Give a hug for me. Thanks. :)

I certainly will. Thanks, too. They even look a bit alike, yes? Very cute!

I'd hate to put them together, we might come home with the wrong one. lol

From the pull of the trigger to the not-guilty verdict, here's how the controversial self-defense law mattered.

Since George Zimmerman was acquitted in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, conservatives have argued that Stand Your Ground, Florida's expansive and controversial self-defense law, was irrelevant to the case. After all, Zimmerman waived his right to a pretrial hearing that might have granted him immunity under the statute, and his defense team chose not to raise it during the trial. Case closed, right?

This argument might make sense if, say, you didn't pay attention to the details of the case until a few days ago. In reality, Stand Your Ground played a major role, from Martin's death to Zimmerman's acquittal. Here's how:

An armed Zimmerman knew about Stand Your Ground years ago:

How Florida authorities let Zimmerman walk:

The jury instructions—and a reason for their verdict:

Why didn't Zimmerman's defense team use Stand Your Ground?​

DETAILS (w/Supporting Links): Actually, Stand Your Ground Played a Major Role in the Trayvon Martin Case | Mother Jones - By Mark Follman and Lauren Williams

The jury instructions (page 12) and comments from juror B37 clearly show the role that Stand Your Ground played in the verdict.

If you were to read the jury instructions for self-defense in all 50 states and federal charges, you will see the phrase "right to stand your ground" or "no duty to retreat". Just saying. It is in every state, not just the one's with stand your ground laws.

I hoped and genuinely (naively?) believed that the verdict...whatever it was...would bring validation and closure to this unfortunate and tragic saga. Instead, it's amped everyone up. What a friggin' mess!

Me too Santy me too. But it looks like it's just getting more teeth.

I've gtg early morning. Going to shoot for downtime.

Xo to you and yours :)

You know, if less blacks were criminals people wouldn't act the way they do around them. That's a lesson that Obama and his buds seem to miss. Many blacks who know how to act and know how to blend into American society are tired of the bad rap they get because of the assholes amongst them. Being black doesn't have to mean you've got to act a God Damned fool.

Me too Santy me too. But it looks like it's just getting more teeth.

I've gtg early morning. Going to shoot for downtime.

Xo to you and yours :)

OK BH...Have a blast! XOXO

Mutha Jones...

2011-Unc-Quarter-obv-D.jpg

Cha-CHINNNG 4 Spamahontas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back