The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakhota said:
Why didn't Zimmerman's defense team use Stand Your Ground?

They didn't have to.

The trial is over. Zimmerman was found not guilty of manslaughter or murder.

GTF over it already!

The trial may be over, but the jury used SYD as the basis for their not guilty verdict, which was wrong.

No they did not. Stand your ground is a doctrine that applies in all self defense cases. It does not mean they applied the SYG law as written in Florida in fact if it was applied there would have been no trial as he would have been released.

You lost get over it.

They didn't have to.

The trial is over. Zimmerman was found not guilty of manslaughter or murder.

GTF over it already!

The trial may be over, but the jury used SYD as the basis for their not guilty verdict, which was wrong.

No they did not. Stand your ground is a doctrine that applies in all self defense cases. It does not mean they applied the SYG law as written in Florida in fact if it was applied there would have been no trial as he would have been released.

You lost get over it.

The defense didn't use SYG as their defense though. Juror B37 admits that the jury reached their decision by using SYG.

How is it right to use a defense that was never raised as a defense?

I realise that I don't live in your country, and we don't have SYG laws here, but I find it rather perplexing that the jury could use a defense that was never used as a defense.

Juror B37 admitted that they used the SYD defense as a basis for their verdict - you cannot use such a law in making a decision when the defense never used SYG as a reason for the shooting.

The jury can't do that. It wasn't in their instructions to do so.
If Zimmerman had chose SYG defense there would have never been a jury trial.

The verdict should be overturned and a new trial ordered.

On what grounds?
Google double jeopardy in the USA.

I'm white and I've heard car locks click as I walk through a parking lot at night...I've had old ladies cross the street as I've approached at night. STOP whining and feeling like you're the only one that has been dissed you idiot. Every man has his mountains in life to climb. Hey Black man! including you Obama! toughen up buttercup. Stop blaming people that look different than you for your rotten station in life.

What do blacks think that i am supposed to leave my car unlocked that has my Laptop i-pad and i-pod while i leave to go into the store and hope it hasn't all been taken. It boggles my mind.....

Juror B37 admitted that they used the SYD defense as a basis for their verdict - you cannot use such a law in making a decision when the defense never used SYG as a reason for the shooting.

On what grounds?

But Juror B37 claims that SYG was a factor in their final verdict! How is that allowed to happen?

And I do believe that a verdict can be overturned - you cannot be tried for the same crime twice, but if there is enough evidence, or if there was a fault with the trial itself, then a fresh trial can be ordered.

In some surprise remarks at today's White House briefing, President Obama injected himself into the Zimmerman/Martin case yet again. He said:

President Obama: 'Trayvon Martin Could've Been Me 35 Years Ago' - NationalJournal.com

"There are very few African-American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store—that includes me," he said. The same goes for African-American men who have heard "locks click on the doors of cars," or seen a woman in an elevator "clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off."
But for some reason, he still has not mentioned that Martin had attacked an innocent man and beaten him. The jury that found Zimmerman "Not Guilty", clearly decided he had justifiably defended himself against Martin's attack.

If Obama has any respect for our country's justcie system and the jury trial process, why does he not at least mention, in addition to Martin's tragic but justified death brought on by his attack on another man, the fact that that other man, who was not guilty of any crime at all, has been driven into hiding and will never live a normal life again?

Mr. President, doesn't Zimmerman count too?

You do respect the jury process that found him Not Guilty... don't you?

If you ask me, Trayvon had every right to kick the shit out of the racist punk who was stalking him.

You do realize that Zimmerman volunteered to do neighborhood watch for the community, right.

On what grounds?

But Juror B37 claims that SYG was a factor in their final verdict! How is that allowed to happen?

And I do believe that a verdict can be overturned - you cannot be tried for the same crime twice, but if there is enough evidence, or if there was a fault with the trial itself, then a fresh trial can be ordered.

becasue SYG is part and parcel of defending yourself.

zimmerman was found not guilty of murder..... you will live.

On what grounds?

becasue SYG is part and parcel of defending yourself.

zimmerman was found not guilty of murder..... you will live.

So the jury is allowed to consider whether someone 'stood their ground' even though that person hasn't used that as their defense?

That would mean that could use other things to try and get a defendant jailed or freed.

I don't necessarily agree with the Laws as a lady in this state got put away for warning shots and then Zim got off after shooting someone i think they are broken. But turning this into a racial issue is just stupid to me.

I'm white and I've heard car locks click as I walk through a parking lot at night...I've had old ladies cross the street as I've approached at night. STOP whining and feeling like you're the only one that has been dissed you idiot. Every man has his mountains in life to climb. Hey Black man! including you Obama! toughen up buttercup. Stop blaming people that look different than you for your rotten station in life.

What do blacks think that i am supposed to leave my car unlocked that has my Laptop i-pad and i-pod while i leave to go into the store and hope it hasn't all been taken. It boggles my mind.....
That isn't what Obama was saying.

He was saying that he has heard car doors lock as he approached because he was a black man...

Not that you should just leave your car unlocked when you run an errand.

And believe Me, it pains Me no end to defend this guy. But comprehending the discussion around you is a requirement.

In some surprise remarks at today's White House briefing, President Obama injected himself into the Zimmerman/Martin case yet again. He said:

But for some reason, he still has not mentioned that Martin had attacked an innocent man and beaten him. The jury that found Zimmerman "Not Guilty", clearly decided he had justifiably defended himself against Martin's attack.

If Obama has any respect for our country's justcie system and the jury trial process, why does he not at least mention, in addition to Martin's tragic but justified death brought on by his attack on another man, the fact that that other man, who was not guilty of any crime at all, has been driven into hiding and will never live a normal life again?

Mr. President, doesn't Zimmerman count too?

You do respect the jury process that found him Not Guilty... don't you?

If you ask me, Trayvon had every right to kick the shit out of the racist punk who was stalking him.

You do realize that Zimmerman volunteered to do neighborhood watch for the community, right.

And how many black youths were arrested as a result of his multiple 911 calls?

Submitted for your approval: Another attempt of vulgar display of power by Fox News.

Fox Tried Seven Times to Get the Brother of Zimmerman to Criticize Obama (It Didn't Work)

Seven times, Fox News anchor Jamie Colby tried to get George Zimmerman's brother to criticize the president and his speech about Trayvon Martin. And seven times, he declined to do so.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=jA03jYyK-eM]loud yawn - YouTube[/ame]​

Ohhhh...nice link btw.....

Oops!
Sorry, the page you requested either doesn't exist or isn't available right now!

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! homepage or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back