The Schools Cannot Be Saved....They Must Be Destroyed

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Because of radical infestation…and if that title isn’t heeded, neither can America be saved.

1.The infection runs too deeply. The amount of damaging curriculum, bureaucracy, and political leaning cannot be incised, and the system remain. It must be re-built from the top down, the bottom up, and both sides as well. If any true Americans wish to have children that respect them, love their country, and continue to be recognizable as their own offspring, then they need to opt for carefully chosen private education, or home schooling.

Nor do I have the slightest faith that any such will be done. We will simply continue to bask in the afterglow of a once great nation.

2. This is mandated government schooling throughout our once-free nation:

“…the Wake County Public School System, which serves the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area, held an equity-themed teachers’ conference with sessions on “whiteness,” “microaggressions,” “racial mapping,” and “disrupting texts,” encouraging educators to form “equity teams” in schools and push the new party line: “antiracism.” …began with a “land acknowledgement,” a ritual recognition suggesting that white North Carolinians are colonizers on stolen Native American land….claimed that “(white) cultural values” include “denial,” “fear,” “blame,” “control,” “punishment,” “scarcity,” and “one-dimensional thinking.” Parents, according to the teachers, should be considered an impediment to social justice. When one teacher asked, “How do you deal with parent pushback?” the answer was clear: ignore parental concerns and push the ideology of antiracism directly to students.”

3. “ Through the late 60's, City College (of New York City) was justifiably known as the "proletarian Harvard" so high were its admissions standards, so challenging its curriculum and so prestigious its degrees. Hunter, Brooklyn and Queens Colleges were similarly prestigious.
CUNY Was Known as 'Proletarian Harvard' - The New York ...

Take a look at the current result of American students compared to the rest of the world’s students today:

“U.S. Students Show No Improvement in Math, Reading, Science on International Exam Most troubling among the results was that an international performance gap in education is widening.
"Scores have flatlined for a decade. Worse yet, scores for our most vulnerable students continue to decline. We are being outpaced not only by our global competitors like China and Russia, but also by countries like Estonia, Finland and Canada." https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...in-math-reading-science-on-international-exam

4. Just as Democrats/Communists yearn for a ‘worker’s paradise,’ I yearn for a ‘scholar’s paradise,’ and nothing could be further from that dream than government schooling. There are things that could and must be changed in a new school system, and using the 'woke' terminology.....a school system that must be "re-imagined."

5. “In the 1950s, when the United States was considered the top rung of the world, only the students who were academically inclined were encouraged (sometimes threatened) to go to college.
Students who weren’t well suited for college gravitated toward careers in trades and other careers where a college education isn’t essential. That was the perceptive way of doing things, and it worked pretty well.

At some point, someone got the bright idea that “every kid should go to college.” I know Bill Clinton said it.
Now, this is important; from a psychological standpoint it should be noted that he did NOT say “Every kid should HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to go to college.” This implies a choice.

But what he said implies that the choice has just been removed.”
What is wrong with American high schools? | The Liberty Loft

Remember....choice, freedom, these are not part of the Democrat vocabulary.

Look at me, I can't read or write but I got an A in the art of toilet paper removal...

A mother is calling for the termination of a kindergarten teacher after her child says he was forced to dig in the toilet with his bare hands.

Because of radical infestation…and if that title isn’t heeded, neither can America be saved.

1.The infection runs too deeply. The amount of damaging curriculum, bureaucracy, and political leaning cannot be incised, and the system remain. It must be re-built from the top down, the bottom up, and both sides as well. If any true Americans wish to have children that respect them, love their country, and continue to be recognizable as their own offspring, then they need to opt for carefully chosen private education, or home schooling.

Nor do I have the slightest faith that any such will be done. We will simply continue to bask in the afterglow of a once great nation.

“…the Wake County Public School System, which serves the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area, held an equity-themed teachers’ conference with sessions on “whiteness,” “microaggressions,” “racial mapping,” and “disrupting texts,” encouraging educators to form “equity teams” in schools and push the new party line: “antiracism.” …began with a “land acknowledgement,” a ritual recognition suggesting that white North Carolinians are colonizers on stolen Native American land….claimed that “(white) cultural values” include “denial,” “fear,” “blame,” “control,” “punishment,” “scarcity,” and “one-dimensional thinking.” Parents, according to the teachers, should be considered an impediment to social justice. When one teacher asked, “How do you deal with parent pushback?” the answer was clear: ignore parental concerns and push the ideology of antiracism directly to students.”

3. “ Through the late 60's, City College (of New York City) was justifiably known as the "proletarian Harvard" so high were its admissions standards, so challenging its curriculum and so prestigious its degrees. Hunter, Brooklyn and Queens Colleges were similarly prestigious.

Take a look at the current result of American students compared to the rest of the world’s students today:

“U.S. Students Show No Improvement in Math, Reading, Science on International Exam Most troubling among the results was that an international performance gap in education is widening.
"Scores have flatlined for a decade. Worse yet, scores for our most vulnerable students continue to decline. We are being outpaced not only by our global competitors like China and Russia, but also by countries like Estonia, Finland and Canada." https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...in-math-reading-science-on-international-exam

4. Just as Democrats/Communists yearn for a ‘worker’s paradise,’ I yearn for a ‘scholar’s paradise,’ and nothing could be further from that dream than government schooling. There are things that could and must be changed in a new school system, and using the 'woke' terminology.....a school system that must be "re-imagined."

5. “In the 1950s, when the United States was considered the top rung of the world, only the students who were academically inclined were encouraged (sometimes threatened) to go to college.
Students who weren’t well suited for college gravitated toward careers in trades and other careers where a college education isn’t essential. That was the perceptive way of doing things, and it worked pretty well.

At some point, someone got the bright idea that “every kid should go to college.” I know Bill Clinton said it.
Now, this is important; from a psychological standpoint it should be noted that he did NOT say “Every kid should HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to go to college.” This implies a choice.

Yes, the public school system is in tatters.

In New York City, some elite high schools are now rejecting some Asian applicants in order to make room for some students from two certain ethnicities who cannot pass the written entrance exam.

Discipline no longer exists in urban public schools because President Obama's administration felt that two certain ethnicities were being singled out for suspensions, so it forbade suspensions for "defiance."

And now public schools are being forced to teach students how evil the rapidly declining majority ethnicity is.

We all had high hopes that the reforms in the 1960s would result in a more harmonious society.

Boy! Were we mistaken!

I would have my children go to public schools as they are still great institutions of learning.

Comparable to your educational level, of course.

1616177752293.png

In New York City, some elite high schools are now rejecting some Asian applicants in order to make room for some students from two certain ethnicities who cannot pass the written entrance exam.

Discipline no longer exists in urban public schools because President Obama's administration felt that two certain ethnicities were being singled out for suspensions, so it forbade suspensions for "defiance."

And now public schools are being forced to teach students how evil the rapidly declining majority ethnicity is.

We all had high hopes that the reforms in the 1960s would result in a more harmonious society.

Boy! Were we mistaken!

Under our Progressive Democrat mayor, we are doing away with the five tested schools.

Exceptionalism will no longer be allowed.

Boy! Were we mistaken!

Under our Progressive Democrat mayor, we are doing away with the five tested schools.

What terrible news.

If we are talking about the same schools, those elite high schools have taught generations of brilliant students, including children of Jewish immigrants in earlier decades.

I would have my children go to public schools as they are still great institutions of learning.

View attachment 469752

Do you work?

Why is that your business, dunce?

Just curious about your superior education and your mocking everyone constantly. Are you doing something grand and constructive with your life or are you retired?

View attachment 469752

Do you work?

Why is that your business, dunce?

Just curious about your superior education and your mocking everyone constantly. Are you doing something grand and constructive with your life or are you retired?

How about you concentrate on the fact that my posts are linked, sourced, and documented, and always 100% true, accurate and correct.

And if you object to my mocking you.......

.....please believe me.

They're already destroying themselves, rapidly. All we need to do is wait.

6. Why is it so important that everyone go to college?
For the simple reason that employers have been denied the right to give mental ability tests to prospective employees…..and having a piece of paper, a diploma from a college, was the only way to make any judgment for employment.

Remember this?

“…Judge Robert F. Peckham and his landmark 1979 ruling. Peckham had barred California public schools from using standardized IQ tests for determining whether academically struggling black students should be placed in special classes for the mildly mentally retarded. Siding with black parents and others who sought to stop the practice, Peckham found that the commonly used tests were racially and culturally biased and resulted in large numbers of blacks being wrongly labeled as retarded and consigned to “dead-end” programs.”
Court Ban on IQ Tests for Blacks Sparks Parents' Suit : Education: Plaintiffs say the ruling discriminates against minority students. Others contend it protects them from testing that is racially and culturally biased.

“…EEOC Guidelines in the USA.
What does job relevant mean? The employer must have data showing what the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities are for each position where an assessment device is being used to make hiring decisions. So it means that the assessment device must measure the specific knowledge domain, the specific skills and specific abilities for each job. The employer must also demonstrate that people who perform better on said assessment device (i.e., higher scores) are the ones who are better employees. In summary, there needs to be a demonstrated statistical relationship between scores on the test and measures of performance on the job…

While measures of general intelligence have consistently shown that higher performers are more successful in many jobs, an employer might be hard pressed to demonstrate that a test of intelligence is job relevant (it might be, but the employer, if sued, would need significant data to show it!). In decades past, many employers were indeed using tests that were effectively proxy measures of general intelligence and they were sued in federal court for what is known as adverse impact (which in a nutshell means biased…don’t want to clutter up this answer with a lot of legal terminology). Hence, the EEOC Regulations which have evolved since the late 1970’s!”
Are companies allowed to use IQ tests to evaluate employees? - Quora

If you don't wanna be sued by an applicant who didn't get the job, just say you need a college degree.

Last edited:

But it's a race to see if they can destroy the country first.

We waited too long already.

Boy! Were we mistaken!

What terrible news.

If we are talking about the same schools, those elite high schools have taught generations of brilliant students, including children of Jewish immigrants in earlier decades.

My heart breaks for those parents who put everything into education.

"So what accounts for the poverty-defying trajectory of the Fujianese kids?
The answer is fourfold.

First is a cultural trait that has become a cliché in the model-minority discussion: a zealous focus on education. .... education for the next generation is close to a religion..... One recent college graduate, now a public school math teacher, told me that his mother would wake him at 5 AM to go over math problems—when he was in the first and second grade. ..
.... one kindergartner’s mother said, in faltering English: “My son must go Harvard.”

a. No matter how poor they are, parents find a way to get their fourth- or fifth-graders into test-prep classes. WNYC found one Sunset Park family who put aside $5,000 for classes for their three sons out of a yearly household income of just $26,000.
Brooklyn's Chinese Pioneers by Kay S. Hymowitz, City Journal Spring 2014

b. ....Chinese kids had the longest commutes to high school. Most parents would be uneasy about an hour-and-a-half trip every day from the middle of Brooklyn, say, to Bronx Science. Kasinitz found that Latino parents, in particular, like to keep their high schoolers close to home.
Chinese parents weren’t deterred by distance—or by much else.

The second reason for upward mobility among the Sunset Park Chinese is that they still believe in that troubled idea: the American dream. .... they maintain that they have been discriminated against, and they tell their children to expect discrimination as well.... Tales of school bullying are commonplace....[as in the murder recounted in the OP]

America remains the Golden Mountain, .... not just looking for jobs; they want to live the dream, which they see as owning their homes, being their own bosses, and sending their kids to top schools. Upward mobility isn’t just personal for these immigrants; it is familial and multigenerational.

...they have their own way of creating intense family ties and obligations—and that thick community is another explanation for Fujianese success.
Couples frequently share living space with their children’s grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Children aren’t expected to follow their passions or explore their individual talents. .... they learn to equate their destiny with their family’s destiny. Parents work for their kids and extended kin; the kids work—go to school, do their homework—for their parents and extended kin."
Ibid.

The future leaders and achievers in this country are not attending public schools. The public schools are for the children of poor Democrats, who really have no chance anyway.

The future leaders and achievers in this country are not attending public schools. The public schools are for the children of poor Democrats, who really have no chance anyway.

Did you see post #16?

7. “And surprise!-another ability effect of this push to “try to get every kid to go to college” is that to make it even somewhat possible, standards had to be lowered.
And lowered.
And lowered again.

College standards had to be dropped so that kids who didn’t want to go, or belong in college but were talked into it, had some chance of passing their classes. That lowers the quality of a college education for everyone and makes our college graduates less capable than they once were to compete with the rest of the world and to not only compete but dominate. The USA absolutely was dominating in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s and now we aren’t.”

It is evident in so very many of the posts we see on the board.

8. “The Dumbest Generation”

“To Mark Bauerlein, a professor of English at Emory University, the present is a good time to be young only if you don't mind a tendency toward empty-headedness. In "The Dumbest Generation," he argues that cultural and technological forces, far from opening up an exciting new world of learning and thinking, have conspired to create a level of public ignorance so high as to threaten our democracy.

Mr. Bauerlein contrasts such "evidence-lite enthusiasm" for digital technologies with a weightier learning tradition. He eulogizes New York's City College in the mid-20th century, a book-centered, debate-fostering place where a generation of intellectuals rejected the "sovereignty of youth" in favor of the concerted study of canonical texts and big ideas."
From Bookshelf- book review in the May 13, 2008 Wall Street Journal

Education......Rest In Peace

9. “….discipline is almost nonexistent today in American high schools.

The administrators have taken away all authority from the teachers to keep their students in line and maintain order in the classroom (something about self-esteem, which seems to be getting confused with self-respect).
The kids run wild without any real consequences-well, not yet, anyway.

They can blatantly disrespect the teachers (my mom watched a kid tear up his French book in class-no one would do anything) and get away with it.
They can make it impossible for the other kids in the class to learn and these trouble makers get away with it.” What is wrong with American high schools? | The Liberty Loft

Thanks to Democrat control of the school system.

10. To make certain that more learning goes on in government school, the Democrats under Hussein threatened schools with ‘racism’ charges if more minorities were disciplined than white or Asian students…..no matter what the student did!
They called it the ‘Promise Program.’

Guess what happened. “In Tampa Bay, Fla., 66% of teachers said that the new policy did not make schools more orderly. In Santa Ana, Calif., as well, 66% of teachers said the new system was not working. In Denver, Colo., 75% of teachers said that the new system did not improve student behavior. In Madison, Wis., only 13% of teachers thought that discipline reform was having a positive effect. But in Baton Rouge, La., 60% of teachers said there was an increase in violence or violent threats from students, and in Syracuse, N.Y., two-thirds of teachers said they were worried about their safety at work.

…Marc Bruno, a teacher who got kicked in the head by a student said: “We have fights here almost every day.... The kids walk around and say, ‘We can’t get suspended — we don’t care what you say.’”…. schools have become less respectful, more disorderly places for millions of students. The bitter irony is that the effort to limit the “school-to-prison pipeline” has likely only increased its flow.

The Obama administration issued “guidance” coercing school districts to second-guess their teachers’ judgment on how to maintain discipline and order. ….’

No government school and no Democrats ……or all is lost.

Forum List

Back