The State of the Union

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Will Obama be honest and admit it is still SHIT. Will he mention that we are one half quarter away from another recession?
Will he even talk about the economy and jobs or just mention it in passing from one social topic to the next?

Will he lend vocal support to our allies and the oppressed around the globe or merely puppet how the Muslims and extremists are misunderstood?

Will he FOR ONCE try to be inclusive of the other party in order to get things accomplished or just demonize and point fingers?

Will he focus on immigration when he should be focusing on jobs for AMERICANS?

Will he note that the rich on Wallstreet are still rich despite his best efforts?

Will Obama be honest and admit it is still SHIT. Will he mention that we are one half quarter away from another recession?
Will he even talk about the economy and jobs or just mention it in passing from one social topic to the next?

Will he lend vocal support to our allies and the oppressed around the globe or merely puppet how the Muslims and extremists are misunderstood?

Will he FOR ONCE try to be inclusive of the other party in order to get things accomplished or just demonize and point fingers?

Will he focus on immigration when he should be focusing on jobs for AMERICANS?

Will he note that the rich on Wallstreet are still rich despite his best efforts?

Don't know.....i don't plan on watching it. I already know it's going to be BS just like all his other speeches. I'm sure i'll get all the info on it i need right here tomorrow morning :)

• Banned
I just heard the main topics will be

Gay agenda
Global warming
Amnesty

Sounds like a joke. What the fuck does any of that shit have to do with the state of ourunion?

We've gone from the state of the nation to what obama wants the state of the nation to be.

Same thing he talked about in the last SOTU...
:eusa_eh:
Economy, not foreign policy, will be focus of State of the Union
February 10th, 2013 - President Barack Obama has spent large chunks of the last six months dealing with matters of foreign policy, from Benghazi to Afghanistan to drones.
But the topic won’t be the centerpiece of his State of the Union address Tuesday. Administration officials say he’ll focus instead on jobs and the economy, the topics that still rank as the most important for Americans, according to polls. While Obama won't spend as much time on foreign policy Tuesday as he does on the economy, that isn't unusual. In his last four addresses to Congress, this president spent an average of seven minutes on foreign policy and an average 22 minutes on the economy, according to analyses from the Washington Post and National Journal.

He will address the ongoing drawdown of the American military presence in Afghanistan, and last week Vice President Joe Biden indicated at a security conference in Munich that Obama could talk about his commitment to reducing the stockpile of nuclear weapons around the world. "It will reflect our shared interests in the following areas: advancing a comprehensive nuclear agenda to strengthen the nonproliferation regime, reduce global stockpiles and secure nuclear materials," Biden said.

Confirmation hearings for Obama's nominees to become defense secretary and CIA director have also raised issues that appear to demand the president's acknowledgment, including how to keep the country safe with pending budget cuts at the Department of Defense, flashpoints in the Middle East and new war technologies, namely drones.

Source

President Barack Obama State of Union speech...
:cool:
State of the Union: Obama pledges to reignite economy
12 February 2013 - President Barack Obama has pledged in his annual State of the Union speech to revive the sluggish US economy by creating "good, middle-class jobs".
The Democratic president promised "smarter" rather than bigger government for "the many, and not just the few". He also called for efforts to reduce gun violence and urged bipartisan immigration reform. In the Republican response, Senator Marco Rubio will urge Mr Obama to end his "obsession" with raising taxes.

'North Star'

Speaking in the House of Representatives, Mr Obama told his audience that his generation's task is "to reignite the true engine of America's economic growth - a rising, thriving middle class". Delivering growth and jobs will be the "North Star that guides our efforts", he added. But he insisted that nothing he proposes will raise the deficit "by a single dime". Mr Obama's economic blueprint has a familiar ring - he pledged during last year's election campaign to create a million manufacturing jobs during his second term.

But Republicans are strongly opposed to increased government spending, amid a rancorous political divide over how to tame the US budget deficit. Mr Obama proposed reforms to reduce the cost of Medicare but argued "we can't just cut our way to prosperity". Correspondents say the president is popular and has political capital to spend after November's election victory, but that he only has about a year to push his legislative plans. Washington's attention will then turn to the mid-term elections, when the party in the White House usually sheds congressional seats. In his speech, Mr Obama also called for federal investment in infrastructure, clean energy and education.

People on either side of the gun control debate, which flared up again after December's school massacre in Connecticut, watched the president speak from the gallery. First Lady Michelle Obama sat with the parents of a Chicago teenage band majorette shot and killed just days after performing at last month's presidential inauguration. Republican Representative Steve Stockman of Texas has invited musician Ted Nugent, a staunch gun-control opponent who remarked last year he would be "dead or in jail" if Mr Obama were re-elected.

Conservative divisions

I'm not watching it. They found dorner dead in the cabin in big bear. Now I'm going to watch premium rush.

Forum List

Back