The System is Rigged...

Robinhood and TD Ameritrade locks buying Gamestop, AMC, and Nokia.

The Establishment moves to protect itself...

Not an expert on stock trading but heard one of those 'experts' say that this some kind of trading slight of hand to knock some hedge managers down a notch, to show them whose boss or something like that. He also said all it's going to do is financially ruin some people.

It's mind-blowing, the NGCC.
1611864599796.png

(Network of Global Corporate Control)

Not an expert on stock trading but heard one of those 'experts' say that this some kind of trading slight of hand to knock some hedge managers down a notch, to show them whose boss or something like that. He also said all it's going to do is financially ruin some people

Well Ben, I am also definitely not even a novice at stock trading...but what these citizens are doing doesn't seem any different than what the Wall Street Hedge Funds do.

If they aren't breaking the law...why stop them?

People are ruined in the stock market everyday...usually the little guy, cause the fix is in.

I mean, you're seeing it right here.

Hard to make the argument that Hedge Funds can ruin you, but if you ruin a Hedge Fund that's somehow bad form and dirty pool.

That's my opinion anyway.

It's one of the reasons why I never played the stock market like dear old Dad did. My Papa was busted when Conoco went under.
When Reagan lifted the antitrust laws and then Poppy and Slick Willy opened the floodgates with NAFTA and deregulating Wall Street to allow vulture hedge fund managers like Mitt Romney to swoop in and destroy our manufacturing base. Then by the time Walmart juggernauted in it was too late for Toys r Us and Sears etc....

It's one of the reasons why I never played the stock market like dear old Dad did. My Papa was busted when Conoco went under.
When Reagan lifted the antitrust laws and then Poppy and Slick Willy opened the floodgates with NAFTA and deregulating Wall Street to allow vulture hedge fund managers like Mitt Romney to swoop in and destroy our manufacturing base. Then by the time Walmart juggernauted in it was too late for Toys r Us and Sears etc....

Yes, I watched it all burn and turn moderate millionaires into muti-millionaires...yet we are supposed to look on to our betters with eyes of encumbrance..I sold my stock I had in companies I had worked for.

Here you go...

"GameStop started in January valued at $17.25, and had been heavily “shorted,” meaning many Wall Street hedge-fund short-sellers expected the firm to collapse and the value to plunge with it. A Wall Street hedge fund manager, Andrew Left from Citron Research, shorted GameStop, then “held a livestream presentation arguing the stock would fall by 50%,” The Wall Street Journal reported.

But then users of the Reddit group WallStreetBets, led by a financial guru known as “Roaring Kitty” (who had reportedly invested roughly $56,000 to build a stake of 50,000 shares in GameStop), sensing they could execute a “short squeeze” on the Wall Street investors, urged millions of members to buy and hold GameStop stock."

----------------

So...someone is going to have to exlain to me the difference between a hedge fund manager shorting a stock then live streaming a presentation proclaiming that stock is going to eo the thing that is going to make him a pile of money...and a citizen on an internet forum proposing doing the thing that is going to make him a pile of money...

...and if there is no difference...why are the internet brokerages putting their collective thumbs on the scale to protect the hedge funds?

Here you go...

"GameStop started in January valued at $17.25, and had been heavily “shorted,” meaning many Wall Street hedge-fund short-sellers expected the firm to collapse and the value to plunge with it. A Wall Street hedge fund manager, Andrew Left from Citron Research, shorted GameStop, then “held a livestream presentation arguing the stock would fall by 50%,” The Wall Street Journal reported.

But then users of the Reddit group WallStreetBets, led by a financial guru known as “Roaring Kitty” (who had reportedly invested roughly $56,000 to build a stake of 50,000 shares in GameStop), sensing they could execute a “short squeeze” on the Wall Street investors, urged millions of members to buy and hold GameStop stock."

----------------

So...someone is going to have to exlain to me the difference between a hedge fund manager shorting a stock then live streaming a presentation proclaiming that stock is going to eo the thing that is going to make him a pile of money...and a citizen on an internet forum proposing doing the thing that is going to make him a pile of money...

...and if there is no difference...why are the internet brokerages putting their collective thumbs on the scale to protect the hedge funds?

I have zero sympathy for the hedge funds. If someone is short a stock which has a short interest of 140%, then they are stupid and deserve to lose money.

But ...

What these retail brokers did was arguably illegal. Organizing people to attack a shorted stock was banned in 1940. This was a common practice prior to 1940, and it was so bad, that the government passed a law against it.

They will never be charged or convicted. The authorities would never be able to prove it.

I find it unfair to limit short sales myself; that is just a subsidy for bulls and protects the upside against the downside, keeping prices artificially high for enough time for insiders to rescue themselves from bad decisions and lets the crooks run pump and dump scams with a lot less risk. And just because small traders are small doesn't make them more deserving or less crooked than the big boys. I don't feel their pain.

This is a great video.

Paraphrased:

"I understand there isn't unity in this country...but here we have an instance where the left and the right absolutely agree that what is occurring here is a travesty. And what frightens me is...if we can't get justice when we agree... then there is no justice..."

Forum List

Back