The Thief: Biopic*

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
To complement my multiple adventure-heist stories on USMB, this is an offbeat thief portrait or diorama of what's makes a real 'pirate' a person of distinct drama...and dials.

IMG_0626.JPG

====

"I studied at Dartmouth College. I moved to the USA after leaving troubled Algeria. I run a small bistro in Los Angeles. Would you ever even guess I'm a thief?"

IMG_0662.JPG

"The first time I stole I took an eraser from an elementary school bully when I was in 4th grade. I stole some junior high dance candy in 7th grade and some baseball cards from a mall sports store in 8th grade. I was moved by college readings of Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Charles Dickens and decided to become a bank robber. I've robbed banks in LA, Switzerland, Frankfurt, and Boston. The world press calls me the Sparrow, but I refer to myself as the Reverend."

IMG_0661.JPG

"Sure, I like movies about bank robbers like Bonnie and Clyde and The Town, but honestly, thievery is a way of life. To be a thief like the Sparrow, you not only have to respect the sanctity of the valuables you take, if you honor pirate folklore magic and have read Treasure Island, but you have to respect the environment of underworld danger such as the modern warlord driven blood diamond highway which can make the life of a real pirate or thief feel like a comic book!"

IMG_0637.PNG

"My worst fear is that I won't perform a heist well enough to evade dark jail time and while in jail fail to offer my fellow inmates the right kind of comic book storytelling that might reveal to the media why pirate life is all about focused dance. You see, to be a thief like the Sparrow, you have to appreciate the ergonomics of network design and architecture, and you have to cherish the education that's made you a person pensive of the human sensitivity to treasure diaries. After all, isn't a pirate a man cloaked in dogma?"

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back