Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
Recently, while watching TV late at night, I come upon Part 2 of Scorpion, an episode of Star Trek: Voyager in which the crew forms a temporary alliance with the Borg to develop and use a nanoprobe that will destroy Species 8472. They encounter Seven of Nine on the Borg ship. But this is wrong.

My recollection is that the encounter is much earlier in the series when Seven of Nine is the only survivor of a Borg scout ship that was somehow stranded. I clearly recall Seven of Nine being the only survivor of a crew of nine. When asked her name, she said her designation was “Seven of Nine,” which makes more sense than being “seven of nine” on a Borg ship populated by thousands, unless she was “seven of nine” assigned to work on the nanoprobes.

Perhaps one explanation for the split in realities is that the screenwriter or producer decided that the original story line was too much like the Star Trek: Next Generation episode, in which a stranded Borg is named “Hugh.”

Also, in this new Voyager timeline, the character Kes is still on the crew although I recall her leaving the series before Seven of Nine arrives.

It appears this is another “Mandela Effect” experience, in which people have “wrong” memories of events, evidence, perhaps, of contact with a parallel universe.

Recently, while watching TV late at night, I come upon Part 2 of Scorpion, an episode of Star Trek: Voyager in which the crew forms a temporary alliance with the Borg to develop and use a nanoprobe that will destroy Species 8472. They encounter Seven of Nine on the Borg ship. But this is wrong.

My recollection is that the encounter is much earlier in the series when Seven of Nine is the only survivor of a Borg scout ship that was somehow stranded. I clearly recall Seven of Nine being the only survivor of a crew of nine. When asked her name, she said her designation was “Seven of Nine,” which makes more sense than being “seven of nine” on a Borg ship populated by thousands, unless she was “seven of nine” assigned to work on the nanoprobes.

Perhaps one explanation for the split in realities is that the screenwriter or producer decided that the original story line was too much like the Star Trek: Next Generation episode, in which a stranded Borg is named “Hugh.”

Also, in this new Voyager timeline, the character Kes is still on the crew although I recall her leaving the series before Seven of Nine arrives.

It appears this is another “Mandela Effect” experience, in which people have “wrong” memories of events, evidence, perhaps, of contact with a parallel universe.
Yes, sounds reminiscent of the Star Trek the Next Gerneration "I Borg" episode that introduced the Borg 3rd of 5, before renaming as Hugh.

Forum List

Back