Them Before Us

mothers have proven over and over they are not willing to die for their kids..by murdering them...yates...smith the list just goes on and on....many marriages are simple...not a great spouse but a great parent..

i dont believe in positive parenting...everyone gets an award and that stuff...i am old school...children are to be brought out...shown and then go away ....the old seen but not heard...

having both parents is major...sexual abuse increases with non blood people in the house...it is an amazing process to watch....the bear family...he is a terrible hubby...great father...great father...he doesnt cheat or abuse just kinda indifferent a lot of times...but not to kids...they are provided for...but this is hard to say

i see the start of a classism...these kids are given the best of everything...the daycare is state of the art...the school...1 teach to 4 students...had room to spread out due to covid..the kinder is already starting to read...she is now a first grader...her math is strong....
and both kidlets have a great vocabulary ...in short they are being given a step up from the start...i am curious how this will play out in the future..they devote the time and attention to get their kids ahead
and have no doubt it takes money to do this. a lot of kids only get the books from miss dollys imagination library ...these kids have maybe 500 books...or more..the bookcase no longer holds them all...we try to read books over watching tv

and of course being in the south....manners are free good manners are priceless....the 6 yr old is well mannered...the 3 yr old still is confused about when to say what...she attempts to use 'thank you ' for everything..

time is what kids are being cheated out of ....their parents time

Seth Gruber interviews Katy Faust on the needless & harmful effects of technological conception & birth of babies:

mothers have proven over and over they are not willing to die for their kids..by murdering them...yates...smith the list just goes on and on....many marriages are simple...not a great spouse but a great parent..

i dont believe in positive parenting...everyone gets an award and that stuff...i am old school...children are to be brought out...shown and then go away ....the old seen but not heard...

having both parents is major...sexual abuse increases with non blood people in the house...it is an amazing process to watch....the bear family...he is a terrible hubby...great father...great father...he doesnt cheat or abuse just kinda indifferent a lot of times...but not to kids...they are provided for...but this is hard to say

i see the start of a classism...these kids are given the best of everything...the daycare is state of the art...the school...1 teach to 4 students...had room to spread out due to covid..the kinder is already starting to read...she is now a first grader...her math is strong....
and both kidlets have a great vocabulary ...in short they are being given a step up from the start...i am curious how this will play out in the future..they devote the time and attention to get their kids ahead
and have no doubt it takes money to do this. a lot of kids only get the books from miss dollys imagination library ...these kids have maybe 500 books...or more..the bookcase no longer holds them all...we try to read books over watching tv

and of course being in the south....manners are free good manners are priceless....the 6 yr old is well mannered...the 3 yr old still is confused about when to say what...she attempts to use 'thank you ' for everything..

time is what kids are being cheated out of ....their parents time
I agree with most of your statements. However, today in the early 21st century parents have far less contact with their kids than in the early 20th century. In those days, kids spent about 8 hours a day away from home at school, work, or play and most of the rest of the time at home with the family. I saw a study recently that reported in the average America family, kids spend an average of 1 hour a day with other family members. When they are not in school or work, most of their time is spent on the Internet, TV, or doing homework. There simply is not enough time for parents to have any great impact on their kids lives. Kids come home from school, jump on their computer for school work, entertainment, and contact with other. Most kids today eat alone, not with the family. In effect, they are being raised on the Internet by social media.
On weekends, it's common for them to stay up most of the night and sleep most of the day. We are producing a lot of socially maladjusted adults, lacking in social skills and totally self centered.

Last edited:
Flopper: "...they are being raised on the Internet by social media."

And whose fault is that? Not lack of time, but lack of parental guidance from toddler age & onward.

another classism thing: my friends got their child credit...they put it into a 529 or some type of college fund..they are laying out a foundation and structure to assure their daughters have a great education and future.

Flopper: "...they are being raised on the Internet by social media."

And whose fault is that? Not lack of time, but lack of parental guidance from toddler age & onward.
Parents are the natural target for everything that's wrong about child rearing and just about every bad outcome. In regard to kids being raised on Internet and Social Media there are significant contributing factors other than parents. First being 59% of families, both parents have to work. Younger children go to nurseries, kindergartens, and other childcare where they spend a lot of time on screens, electronic, games, computers, and TV and the older kids are at home unsupervised on computer devices. Schools teach them computer skills and other students introduce them to social medial.

In the evening, kids do their homework on computers not sitting at a desk with books and paper. Many assignments involve searching the internet. For the parent this creates a situation that is almost impossible to monitor. Kids flip back and forth between school work, snapchat or Facebook. And when parents confront the child, the standard answers are I'm working with someone on a project or I'm getting help on my math or I just took a break because I have ..... And so it goes.

Parents have to be held responsible because there is no one else. However, the lack of parenteral supervision because both parents have to work, the online environment created by our educational system, and our online society is a major part of the problem.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back