These are the results of an educational system where 90% of Faculty are leftist leaning...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
College education on display... and I thought these colleges were where expression of ideas and thoughts
was the objective???

However, the real meat of the segment came when Smith-Lezama was asked about similar cases of racial discrimination and disparity at other universities. Complaints against these student-led protests noted that colleges were seemingly becoming “places of censor and prohibition.”
Mizzou’s student body VP was blatantly honest in her response.
I personally am tired of hearing that First Amendment rights protect students when they are creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment for myself and for other students here. I think that it’s important for us to create that distinction and create a space where we can all learn from one another and start to create a place of healing rather than a place where we are experiencing a lot of hate like we have in the past.”

Smith-Lezama doesn’t say so directly, but one of the immediate implications of her response is that the First Amendment rights she’s tired of hearing about are responsible for “creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment.”
Mizzou Student VP: 1st Amendment Creates ‘Hostile and Unsafe Learning Environment’

The vastly disproportionate presence of leftist professors on university campuses across the United States has been well documented.
One of the first studies on this subject was conducted in 2003 by the Center for the Study of Popular Culture (CSPC, now called the David Horowitz Freedom Center), which examined the ratio of registered Democrats to registered Republicans on the faculties of 32 elite colleges and universities nationwide.
In its examinations of more than 150 departments and upper-level administrations at the 32 colleges and universities, the CSPC found that the overall ratio of registered Democrats to registered Republicans was greater than than 10-to-1 (1,397 Democrats, 134 Republicans).
The One-Party University - Discover the Networks

As Allan Dershowitz stated regarding the above ...
"No concern about that. It's an absolute double standard. It is 'free speech for me but not for thee,' and universities should not tolerate this kind of hypocrisy," Dershowitz said.
Dershowitz Slams 'Double Standard, Hypocrisy, Bigotry' of College Protests

These are the results of an educational system where 90% of Faculty are leftist leaning...

According to what?

Forum List

Back