This is inhumane

This makes my blood boil.

What kind of parent sends their poor child thousands of miles alone across treacherous territory to cross our border illegally?

A parent who wants a better life for their child? No. That's a big fat lie. Parents should be with their children through thick and thin, danger and safety, but the parents of this little one aren't.
texas-migrant-girl-01.jpg

What these parents have done to these unaccompanied minors is beyond inhumane.

So anyone saying "they want a better life for their child" can promptly screw off. Sorry. I will always have a soft spot for children, no matter who they are or where they come from.

Don't try to justify this behavior. Don't give me any excuses about "well the parents are helping their children flee from violence"--- if that were true, they would be fleeing with them. I see no love in these actions. None whatsoever.
This behavior explains why these people will ALWAYS live in poverty.

Karma is real. They are cursed. Why bring these cursed people here?

You make some good points. I spent 2 years in Africa with the Peace Corp over 50 years ago.

By law, HHS has custody and must provide care for each and every unaccompanied child that arrives in the US. That means, food, shelter, healthcare, and education. Both the cost and the overall impact on the US is significant. Nearly half of all migrant children arriving at the US southern boarder come from one country, Guatemala. Over 70% of the unaccompanied children's original home was in Guatemala, Honduras, or El Salvador. Also these countries are a major source drugs coming into the US. IMHO, the solution to both the migration and drugs from these countries does not lie in the US but in these countries. I don't know the solution but whatever it is we can well afford it considering the size of the problem. The total GDP of these 3 countries is just a bit more than the GDP of the state of Mississippi. All three countries would fit in state of Idaho. The US total foreign aid for these three countries is less than a tenth of what we spend in Nigeria and only 2.5% of what we spend in Israel.

Oh, I know where you are coming from.
I am not a stranger in a lot of places South of the Border.

I even get the points your are making about the GDP, International Financing , and what our Federal Government spends in the region.
I know what it is like when a South American country is doing everything it can to increase it's dependable GDP 3.5 % which may not be more than 6 million bucks annually.
They could get one company producing something, that supplies enough of an increase in revenue to qualify the country for loans from the International Banks.

But it is when we start wondering about the money that stuff gets lost in translation.

You mentioned how much we give Israel ...
I could easily add that we gave more money to Egyptian College students in Egypt, and to Pakistan for Transgender Studies ...
Than we did to those three countries ... In President Biden's American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, also referred to as his first Covid Relief plan.

You want to talk to me about what we give Israel ...
There is no need to think our Federal Government is prepared to do anything that makes any sense, and is just spending money like a crack whore ... :thup:

The American People are crying about children at the Border ...
While Chinese Corporations are building deep water ports all over South America, and buying lithium mines in Bolivia.
The American People are bitching about what we give Israel and how bad we need to drive cars with electric batteries ...
While we are simply getting run over by People who aren't bitching, but doing whatever they can do to take advantage of the opportunities our ignorance is giving them.

The places you have been, I bet you know what I mean when I say ... "It just Sucks when you have the ability to truly understand the World."
We have it good here for now, but are complacent and doing the best we can to piss it all away.

Last edited:
I agree that it would be difficult for you to refute the genuine and justifiable anger that the situation at the border are causing

ButI dont think ignoring the anger is going to work for you either

I agree that it would be difficult for you to refute the genuine and justifiable anger that the situation at the border are causing

Facts, fool. Where are there any facts in that idiotic pile of nonsense?

Facts, fool. Where are there any facts in that idiotic pile of nonsense?
I can speak for him so I will speak for myself

And btw I you want to be personally insulting go fuck yourself

Otherwise we can continue like adults

The situating on the border os freaking me out too

Biden and harris are doing noting yo protect America from this unauthorized flood of illegal aliens

It has to stop

This makes my blood boil.

What kind of parent sends their poor child thousands of miles alone across treacherous territory to cross our border illegally?

A parent who wants a better life for their child? No. That's a big fat lie. Parents should be with their children through thick and thin, danger and safety, but the parents of this little one aren't.
texas-migrant-girl-01.jpg

What these parents have done to these unaccompanied minors is beyond inhumane.

So anyone saying "they want a better life for their child" can promptly screw off. Sorry. I will always have a soft spot for children, no matter who they are or where they come from.

Don't try to justify this behavior. Don't give me any excuses about "well the parents are helping their children flee from violence"--- if that were true, they would be fleeing with them. I see no love in these actions. None whatsoever.

Oh..NOW you care. Heartwarming. Well, maybe if the last guy had dealt with the problem instead of bloviating about it and acting like Dirty Harry on the border, might not be as bad.
Sad? Yes. Avoidable? Yes. But the issues involved in the making of this sad picture go WAY beyond just immigration policy. It goes to the decades of enabling and undercutting these third world
countries with our shitty foreign policy. That blame goes to both parties.

You make some good points. I spent 2 years in Africa with the Peace Corp over 50 years ago.

By law, HHS has custody and must provide care for each and every unaccompanied child that arrives in the US. That means, food, shelter, healthcare, and education. Both the cost and the overall impact on the US is significant. Nearly half of all migrant children arriving at the US southern boarder come from one country, Guatemala. Over 70% of the unaccompanied children's original home was in Guatemala, Honduras, or El Salvador. Also these countries are a major source drugs coming into the US. IMHO, the solution to both the migration and drugs from these countries does not lie in the US but in these countries. I don't know the solution but whatever it is we can well afford it considering the size of the problem. The total GDP of these 3 countries is just a bit more than the GDP of the state of Mississippi. All three countries would fit in state of Idaho. The US total foreign aid for these three countries is less than a tenth of what we spend in Nigeria and only 2.5% of what we spend in Israel.

Oh, I know where you are coming from.
I am not a stranger in a lot of places South of the Border.

I even get the points your are making about the GDP, International Financing , and what our Federal Government spends in the region.
I know what it is like when a South American country is doing everything it can to increase it's dependable GDP 3.5 % which may not be more than 6 million bucks annually.
They could get one company producing something, that supplies enough of an increase in revenue to qualify the country for loans from the International Banks.

But it is when we start wondering about the money that stuff gets lost in translation.

You mentioned how much we give Israel ...
I could easily add that we gave more money to Egyptian College students in Egypt, and to Pakistan for Transgender Studies ...
Than we did to those three countries ... In President Biden's American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, also referred to as his first Covid Relief plan.

You want to talk to me about what we give Israel ...
There is no need to think our Federal Government is prepared to do anything that makes any sense, and is just spending money like a crack whore ... :thup:

The American People are crying about children at the Border ...
While Chinese Corporations are building deep water ports all over South America, and buying lithium mines in Bolivia.
The American People are bitching about what we give Israel and how bad we need to drive cars with electric batteries ...
While we are simply getting run over by People who aren't bitching, but doing whatever they can do to take advantage of the opportunities our ignorance is giving them.

The places you have been, I bet you know what I mean when I say ... "It just Sucks when you have the ability to truly understand the World."
We have it good here for now, but are complacent and doing the best we can to piss it all away.

We need to deal with the problem at the source which is in the Northern Triangle which includes Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador, not just at the US southern border. For many years tens of thousands have been migrating out of this area to southern Mexico which is only slightly better. However, in the last 5 years droughts have destroyed the bean and corn crops creating widespread hunger and poverty. This coupled with increasing control of law enforcement by gangs working with or for the Cartels have been driving hundred thousands north. This year the number is expected to reach a million.

Under the right conditions foreign aid can make a big difference. Also stopping northern migration at At Mexican Guatemalan border with the cooperation of Mexico makes a lot of sense. This border is about one fourth the length of the US border. The Usumacinta River which makes up half the border presents a significant barrier for those crossing who are not in a sturdy boat. The remaining 250 miles is where most people cross illegally since it's not fenced and has limited patrols.

It is in Mexico's best interest to stop this migration because over half of the migrants end up in Mexico not the US. The last thing Mexico needs is hundreds of thousands of more poor unskilled, uneducated workers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back