Till (2022)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

A film about the brutal lynching of 14 year old Emmet Till in the dystopian niightmare of Mississipi before they had those rights and votes.

Its pretty tough to watch ar times as you know there is no happy ending. I kept waiting for the saintly white guy to turn up and save the day. But he never showed up for some reason.

Its easy to follow and well acted.. Emmitts mother is drop dead gorgeous which unbalances the film a little but not much. Young Till comes across as an attractive character taken too soon.

I had never heard about this film before but I stayed up to the early hours watching it..

The Miss tourist office probably wasnt pleased because the state comes across as a real shithole. And the white people no better.

Catch it if you havent seen it because its well worth your time.

Are things better there now ? I would like to think so but some of the things I read make me doubt that.

NB At the funeral they sang It is well in my soul which was the work song of our local Bersham Colliery. Brought tears to my eyes.

A film about the brutal lynching of 14 year old Emmet Till in the dystopian niightmare of Mississipi before they had those rights and votes.

Its pretty tough to watch ar times as you know there is no happy ending. I kept waiting for the saintly white guy to turn up and save the day. But he never showed up for some reason.

Its easy to follow and well acted.. Emmitts mother is drop dead gorgeous which unbalances the film a little but not much. Young Till comes across as an attractive character taken too soon.

I had never heard about this film before but I stayed up to the early hours watching it..

The Miss tourist office probably wasnt pleased because the state comes across as a real shithole. And the white people no better.

Catch it if you havent seen it because its well worth your time.

Are things better there now ? I would like to think so but some of the things I read make me doubt that.

NB At the funeral they sang It is well in my soul which was the work song of our local Bersham Colliery. Brought tears to my eyes.
Till Death Do Us Part

Emmet was a teenage slimeball pimp who offered drugs in recruiting White Southern girls for his stable of whores. His father was executed by an Army firing squad for rape and murder.

Forum List

Back