Time to leave

I decided long ago......that if you want serious discussion with differing viewpoints.....go to a more regulated forum or one with adult members.

Then come here for entertainment purposes,

What about the invite only thread?
Or the CDZ?

I tried to post a thread in CDZ and got trolled.......so pffft

Even there?

:eek:
You've done it.

FDBB51B8-3240-42EA-B2E1-ACD867169720.gif

Hello friends and foe,

I have decided it is time for me to leave, because I prefer another forum, where blatant trolling and numerous personal attacks are strongly moderated. I grew tired of it here, decided to move on to a forum, where moderation doesn't let it destroy threads, the offender gets moderated.

I had to leave as I was starting to get more snotty in my replies which is another reason to leave, having to deal with the chronic trolling and stupid behavior of members who don't intend to discuss the topic, made me lose focus on why I am here. Sooo tired of the stupid partisan thinking and the blatant trolling here, the refusal of members staying on topic was the last straw for me, the off topic rules are not getting enforced much, I feel that I am just wasting my time here.

I prefer real point/counterpoint discussions on any topic, not finding it much here. I have in recent weeks pointed out how many members don't address my Post one articles, they attack the writer, the publisher while ignoring the content of the article. I consider that as a bad habit this forum has developed, which is yet another reason why I have decided to leave.

Two of my PM's to the Mods have been completely ignored, one was a suggestion (May 12) to create a resource section in the forum, which has been done elsewhere to success.

Thank you for the laughs, and the many positive reactions I have received in the two years I have been here. I learned all the while.

Kudos to Moderator Coyote, who often disagree with me, but always civil and tries to carry on a discussion, which forces me to try harder to respond in kind the same way, wish a lot more people can do that here, but alas....., I consider him the BEST of the democrats in the forum, nearly the ONLY one I can argue while staying reasonably calm and civil the whole time.

Kudos for PoliticalChic interesting long posts makes me look forward for more.

Kudos for Cruiserfranks many thanks given, appreciated it.

Kudos to billy_bob many thanks given, appreciate it too.

There is a lot I can say about how poorly this place are being handled by the mostly absente owner, and the undersized Moderation team who doesn't have an everyday Administrator to support them. The trolling and off topic behavior are not getting addressed in time, too many threads damaged early, which turns off part of the membership, it certainly cooled my forum interest here.

Well that is about it.

Not going to respond to the inevitable, even snotty bashing over this post, it would help me leave more easily....

Cheers,

Thomas

I've quit going to a few forums - usually because of over-moderation, rather than under moderation. But i have checked out some forums that I didn't join because of no moderation. Never once did I have to make a whiney, narcissistic, farewell post to tell everyone how hurt my panty-wasted feelings were. If I didn't want to go back to a forum I just didn't go back.

What makes this forum so good is that you can tell someone they're an idiot when they make idiotic posts - well, technically, I suppose we should say their post is idiotic rather than telling them they're an idiot, but we don't get banned for occasionally bending that rule.

But, good riddance to you; if you're so thin skinned that you can't take a little abuse from anonymous Internet posters, even trolls, you're better off going to a safer place where there's hot chocolate and teddy bears. You certainly shouldn't leave here and go to another political forum. I've seen some fantastic sewing and knitting forums where everyone is always nice to everyone. I can send you links if your google-fu is weak.

The sheer diversity of discourse and topics makes USMB hard to beat, though OP did not say (where [italics]) in cyberspace the other forum is, so that we can evaluate for ourselves. The annoyances some take and others do not. Can a USMB-er join other forums?

Hello friends and foe,

I have decided it is time for me to leave, because I prefer another forum, where blatant trolling and numerous personal attacks are strongly moderated. I grew tired of it here, decided to move on to a forum, where moderation doesn't let it destroy threads, the offender gets moderated.

I had to leave as I was starting to get more snotty in my replies which is another reason to leave, having to deal with the chronic trolling and stupid behavior of members who don't intend to discuss the topic, made me lose focus on why I am here. Sooo tired of the stupid partisan thinking and the blatant trolling here, the refusal of members staying on topic was the last straw for me, the off topic rules are not getting enforced much, I feel that I am just wasting my time here.

I prefer real point/counterpoint discussions on any topic, not finding it much here. I have in recent weeks pointed out how many members don't address my Post one articles, they attack the writer, the publisher while ignoring the content of the article. I consider that as a bad habit this forum has developed, which is yet another reason why I have decided to leave.

Two of my PM's to the Mods have been completely ignored, one was a suggestion (May 12) to create a resource section in the forum, which has been done elsewhere to success.

Thank you for the laughs, and the many positive reactions I have received in the two years I have been here. I learned all the while.

Kudos to Moderator Coyote, who often disagree with me, but always civil and tries to carry on a discussion, which forces me to try harder to respond in kind the same way, wish a lot more people can do that here, but alas....., I consider him the BEST of the democrats in the forum, nearly the ONLY one I can argue while staying reasonably calm and civil the whole time.

There is a lot I can say about how poorly this place are being handled by the mostly absente owner, and the undersized Moderation team who doesn't have an everyday Administrator to support them. The trolling and off topic behavior are not getting addressed in time, too many threads damaged early, which turns off part of the membership, it certainly cooled my forum interest here.

Well that is about it.

Not going to respond to the inevitable, even snotty bashing over this post, it would help me leave more easily....

Cheers,

Thomas

tl;dr

I decided long ago......that if you want serious discussion with differing viewpoints.....go to a more regulated forum or one with adult members.

You can't have a serious discussion on most forums. There are idiots and sometimes it is actually necessary to point out idiocy. Forums that come to mind from your post remind me of Fox News and their "Fair and balanced" reporting where they show both sides of a discussion - but they treat the lie as equivalent to the truth.

It isn't a choice between two opposing opinions, most of modern political discussion is actually a choice between truth and a lie. When someone lies, it is important to point out the lie and call it what it is. When someone lies, I have no intention of offering the truth as a differing opinion. You can mostly do that here. I've had a few posts removed, and never get to know why or what was the content of the removed post, but I attribute that to whining, pussy, snowflakes who report the posts and the mods coddle them by removing the posts that hurt their feelings.

Mostly, we're adults here and can have honest and frank arguments without crying to higher authority that our feelings were hurt. It is not unadult to tell an asshole he's an asshole or to tell a liar that they're a liar.

I see the OP responded to posts on Sunday after giving his farewell 5 days before on Wednesday... I guess he's not really going anywhere; he's just whining for attention about hurt feelings.

You can't have a serious discussion on most forums. There are idiots and sometimes it is actually necessary to point out idiocy. Forums that come to mind from your post remind me of Fox News and their "Fair and balanced" reporting where they show both sides of a discussion - but they treat the lie as equivalent to the truth.

It isn't a choice between two opposing opinions, most of modern political discussion is actually a choice between truth and a lie. When someone lies, it is important to point out the lie and call it what it is. When someone lies, I have no intention of offering the truth as a differing opinion. You can mostly do that here. I've had a few posts removed, and never get to know why or what was the content of the removed post, but I attribute that to whining, pussy, snowflakes who report the posts and the mods coddle them by removing the posts that hurt their feelings.

Mostly, we're adults here and can have honest and frank arguments without crying to higher authority that our feelings were hurt. It is not unadult to tell an asshole he's an asshole or to tell a liar that they're a liar.

Maybe you just hang out in all the wrong places, if you can't find an actual discussion or debate that doesn't devolve into the whining, trolling, name calling, etc that most threads here end up with.

Sure, every once in awhile a decent conversation with differing opinions do happen.......but from what I've seen it either is a rarity OR some 'idiot' comes along to mess it up.

Truth is the truth, no matter if no one believes it and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it.........but opinions are neither the truth or a lie. It's just someone's interpretation of a topic or event. It isn't necessarily a lie or the truth, but what they believe.

As for media.....regardless of the source, is pretty much opinion.

I see the OP responded to posts on Sunday after giving his farewell 5 days before on Wednesday... I guess he's not really going anywhere; he's just whining for attention about hurt feelings.

Lots of members have said they were leaving over the years, but came back or didn't really leave in the first place. Even I had left for while, but dammit.......as much as this place can drive me bonkers, it's still a fun place sometimes........kinda addicting

Correct, this is entertainment for me.
Like shooting ducks in a barrel, these Trumptards are so easy to fuck with.

That's only because you're so damned stupid someone can piss on your leg and tell you it's raining and you'll believe them..

That's only because you're so damned stupid someone can piss on your leg and tell you it's raining and you'll believe them..
Ooooh, how original.
Got any other clichés you'd like to share?

Just ignore the idiots and the trolls. I must have 20 assholes on ignore.

Hello friends and foe,

Well that is about it.

Cheers,

Thomas
Good luck to you. I don’t think we agreed much, but you weren’t an asshole.

Hello friends and foe,

Well that is about it.

Cheers,

Thomas

IDK if I have ever offended you Tommy...but...if I have...

tears.gif

The OP gave a thumbs-down on yet another of my posts yesterday - a week after he left... Because, guess what? He's a whining snow-flake looking for attention. I think we should all give him what he wants and just drop the thread and ignore his posts in the future.

Ooooh, how original.
Got any other clichés you'd like to share?
Yeah, you're stupider than most.

Forum List

Back