To the Woman and Child Who Sat at Table 9

Should a woman be able to breast feed a child ( covered of course ) in a mid to high priced restaurant, even if it offends another customer? What would you expect the manager to do?

Ask her to go into the ladies lounge?

Should a woman be able to breast feed a child ( covered of course ) in a mid to high priced restaurant, even if it offends another customer? What would you expect the manager to do?

High priced restaurants should have beautiful little rooms to breastfeed the child.

No need to do it right there in the open.

High priced restaurants should have beautiful little rooms to breastfeed the child.

I don't care if a woman breastfeeds as long as she doesn't care if I ogle at the spectacle she's creating.

The ones that make a big scene of breastfeeding then act offended if people actually glance over at them really piss me off.

That man sounds a lot like me.
I would have been taken aback by her question as well and can easily see me being supportive, rather than restrictive.

Does the blog or original article even say what type of restaurant this happened in?
Because, with the manager running around and cooking and washing dishes, it sounds a lot like the kind that I run.
A FAMILY restaurant. Not the Chateau Suzette or 4 Seasons.

There more than just this person to think about. The restaurant is open for business not a private party. This guy should have had the insight to consider others when he made this decision. In fact the man was selfish and only thinking of how he feels rather then serving the best interests of his customers.

Funny how everyone thinks that the collective trumps the individual, reminds me of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have been taken aback by her question as well and can easily see me being supportive, rather than restrictive.

Does the blog or original article even say what type of restaurant this happened in?
Because, with the manager running around and cooking and washing dishes, it sounds a lot like the kind that I run.

There more than just this person to think about. The restaurant is open for business not a private party. This guy should have had the insight to consider others when he made this decision. In fact the man was selfish and only thinking of how he feels rather then serving the best interests of his customers.

Funny how everyone thinks that the collective trumps the individual, reminds me of this.

Special little snowflakes can stay home while those who show consideration towards others enjoy a peaceful atmosphere.

Collective is not the issue, an enjoyable, pleasant meal replete with the ambiance is...

I don't care if a woman breastfeeds as long as she doesn't care if I ogle at the spectacle she's creating.

The ones that make a big scene of breastfeeding then act offended if people actually glance over at them really piss me off.

She's covered.

Reason I asked is that I've witnessed it. Manager asked the woman to leave and go into the restroom. Another couple overheard it and objected to the managers request. The ruckus caused was incredible. By the time it was over the baby was fast asleep and the restaurant was out the cost of six meals trying to make everyone happy.

or breast milk that is bottled.

There is nothing worse than going to a restaurant and having someone's brats run around screeching. I understand that sometimes, parents have to take their kids with them, but I wouldn't stand for any child making noises and disrupting my meal.
I wouldn't have been so kind.

Feel free to stay home if you hate kids.

Better yet, get the government to sterilize everyone.

Oh no,no. you got it all wrong....better let kids scream and vomit and poo at the next table in the restaurant ...while you are trying to have a nice dinner.

that's the way.:)

If the kids bother me, I leave.

Funny how freedom works, isn't it?

Special little snowflakes can stay home while those who show consideration towards others enjoy a peaceful atmosphere.

Ummmm, family restaurants tend to cater to, oh idunno

Families?

By the time it was over the baby was fast asleep and the restaurant was out the cost of six meals trying to make everyone happy.

You see that, breastfeeders? Keep them tucked away or bankrupt your favorite chow hall!

I have had plenty of experiences where children were ruining my meal in a restaurant. I have also had several experiences where drunk adults were ruining my meal. I move to another table. I did it just last month at a sports bar where a woman was so drunk she kept falling off the stool. If the food is already served, I will still move to another table, and ask the waiter to help me do it. If there is no other table that is acceptable, I will endure it, but never come back again. I expect the restaurant owner to provide a pleasant dining experience for me, without being asked to do so. If he doesn't, well, adios....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

Ummmm, family restaurants tend to cater to, oh idunno

Families?

Your point is?

I've only eaten in 2 that had miniature atomic bombs detonating, and the managers of those restaurants showed them to the door just like any other establishment.

Feel free to stay home if you hate kids.

Better yet, get the government to sterilize everyone.

Oh no,no. you got it all wrong....better let kids scream and vomit and poo at the next table in the restaurant ...while you are trying to have a nice dinner.

I was at a restaurant some time ago. Just two and the restaurant had tables that sat 6-4-2 the best view was at the table that sat 6. It was not busy and I wanted to have a great time.....I decided to sit at the table for 6 I wanted to enjoy both my meal and the view. It was a great time. I do know that if I went for the smallest table I would not have enjoyed my time in the restaurant if I did not exercise my own choice.

If dining at an upscale restaurant, reservations will be required. When calling to make the reservations, the restaurant staff needs to ensure that no kids will be present (if the joint has a no kid policy), or no problem kids. This will eliminate the problem. If folks can afford to dine at a restaurant where no kids are allowed, they surely can afford to pay for a sitter.

Collective is not the issue, an enjoyable, pleasant meal replete with the ambiance is...

If you want ambiance eat at home, not Chuck E Cheese.

I was at a restaurant some time ago. Just two and the restaurant had tables that sat 6-4-2 the best view was at the table that sat 6. It was not busy and I wanted to have a great time.....I decided to sit at the table for 6 I wanted to enjoy both my meal and the view. It was a great time. I do know that if I went for the smallest table I would not have enjoyed my time in the restaurant if I did not exercise my own choice.

You only enjoy yourself if you inconvenience the largest number of people?

You only enjoy yourself if you inconvenience the largest number of people?

Come sit on my lap grasshopper....I will read you what I wrote....It-was-not-busy

Naturally, in order to have a good time I follow rules of establishment I frequent this was no different. Indeed, it was because I sat where I did that the sun shone just right and highlighted the green speckles in the eyes of the woman I dining with which made the beautiful scenery I went there for to begin with pale in comparison.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back