"Tomorrowland" (2015) low-spoiler

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
3.5 stars out of 5.

Watched it twice yesterday, and with on-demands apparently new 72 hour rentals will be watching it again, likelyfast-fowarding through the boring bits of which there are some.

Major complaint though about the violence. For a seemingly kids-movie it has at least 4 murders of uniformed police and security personnel I thought out of place in a Disney movie. Though not bloody (futuristic evaporation/disintegration similar to "War of the Worlds" effect but clothes too.) Then lots more 'destruction/killings' of the evil robots responsible for the mayhem. For a futuristic idealized theme surely they coulda had it been a 'stun' effect or something else non-lethal. There was really no storyline need for dead police. It really broke the movie's feel up to that point. And I'd have given it a PG-13 instead of PG for this violence.

My lower rating is due to this uncharacteristic violence. Without it it'd be pushing 4.5.

The violence against authority unneeded, but should point out the authorities were having no problem being violent toward the resisance, if you want to call it that.

Good movie.

The violence against authority unneeded, but should point out the authorities were having no problem being violent toward the resisance, if you want to call it that.

Good movie.

Was out of place for a Disney movie, featuring Disneyland and one of its' classic attractions. While not out of the ordinary relative to modern movies, it was totally out of place for this. Unnecessary too all the violence. Especially the 'bat' blugeoning scene. While it was against an android, it went WAY beyond crucial to the scene and instead of making it into a light-hearted joke or something they just move foward from it.

So to parents thinking of letting their kids watch it, check it out yourselves first. That's all I'm saying.

Story-wise too needed work at the end. While positive and a 'happy ending' it coulda gone more into it. After all the doom n gloom and violence they coulda shown more about how things improve. Ended like a sequel is already planned. Unless one is, they didn't really wrap anything up.

Overall I loved it. But was disappointed too because of hte violence. Was looking fowards to gushing about it to neighbors for their kids but now I'm not gonna recommend it. Or if I do it's gonna be a 'parents hsould watch it first then decide.'

Forum List

Back