Too Funny! Anti-gay Conservative groups refuse to attend CPAC if gays there.

hahahaha, Quoting someone without links to back it up, now go figure. And I don't mean from mediamatters.:lol:

How about right from Limbaugh's site? NOW will you shut the fuck up?

Good Riddance, GOP Moderates

lol, too easy...you people are like schoolchildren. And not the bright ones.

I dont see the words "good riddance," or "tolerance" in the link to Rush. Is this what your referring to, from your link.

login

CALLER: My question is for you, in a hypothetical sense: If you could pick and choose what kind of conservatives and what kind of Republicans made up the Republican Party, would there be room for moderates (phone ringing) moderate conservatives or even liberal Republicans, that sort of thing? (ringing) Would there be room for those?

RUSH: (sigh) Well...

CALLER: (ringing)

RUSH: They can vote for us, but I don't want them in the party.

CALLER: That's exactly how I feel. (ringing) In order for us to rebuild --

RUSH: You know, but the problem is, you gotta define something for me. Would you define for me a "moderate conservative."

CALLER: A moderate conservative has gotta be someone that is a fiscal conservative first and foremost. Second, a moderate conservative is one that sides with the left on other issues, whether it's gun control or abortion rights or whatever.

RUSH: He's not a conservative if he sides with the left. See, conservatism is what it is. It doesn't need to be moderated. It doesn't need to be redefined. It doesn't need to be upgraded. It's based on personal liberty: individual freedom, a small state that functions for the express purpose of defending and protecting the population. The minute you say that conservatism includes people who are pro-choice, you've destroyed conservatism because conservatism stands for "life, liberty, pursuit of happiness." Without life, there is nothing else here, and if we're going to sit around indiscriminately deciding who lives and who dies based on our own convenience, that's not conservative. Individual liberty. The essence of innocence is a child in the womb who has no choice over what happens to it. Sorry. If we don't stand up for that person, if the government doesn't, then nobody will. And if we allow ourselves to get watered down by a bunch of people who are embarrassed over that position, they're not conservatives. Now, I'm not saying, "If you're not this, don't vote for us." We'll be happy for you to vote for us. I'm happy. Go ahead and vote for us. This is what got us into trouble that we're in today. The reason that we're in this mess today is because we had to start making this tent big, watering down what conservatism is. There's a blueprint out there, Justin, for how to win landslides! There's a blueprint for how you do it, and it does not include expanding the tent. Reagan got Reagan Democrats, but he moved them to the Republican Party, moved them to the right. He didn't go get them by pretending to be one of them.

This is not the Rush Limbaugh that Liberals and Democrats have defined, sounds like a man that cares for all people.

Our final 2010 entry for dumbest fucking wingnut on USMB.

To the pathetic cretin who claimed there was nothing about 'good riddance' from the Rush link, let me add:

Quoting Rush from the link:

"The Republican Party, we gotta be a big tent," and that's code words for, "We gotta have some pro-choicers in our party to get rid of the influence of these hayseed hicks in the South who are pro-life." Well, they have gone, and I, for one, say, "Damn well good riddance!"

republicans have had to cheat in elections for decades to win.

they have been caught repetedly and there are court documents to prove it.

Your base hates gay people and thinks they are evil.

Your base wants abbortion illegal.

Your base hates brown people sooooo much they dont want kids with brown skin to be allowed to go to college because of their parents mistakes.

Your base held signs that said all sortsd of racist shit.

your base still thinks the HC bill is a take over of the helath system.

The R base are ill informed idiots

:lol::cuckoo:

Talk about a bogus post.

Science has not demonstrated anything about homosexuality other than that it knows nothing about what causes it. As a matter of fact, twin studies have proved that homosexuality is not genetic in origin because mono zygotic twins who are gay do not always have gay twins. If, as you state, sexual preference is encoded at the genetic level this would never happen because mono zygotic twins have identical DNA.

My guess is the rest of your post is as bogus as your statement about what science has proven.

From Ask a Geneticist

A number of studies have looked at homosexuality in twins, all with similar results. For example, in one study, if one identical twin was gay, the other was also gay 50% of the time. If they were fraternal twins, they were both gay 22% of the time. And if one was adopted, the chances fell to 11%.

Now these numbers are from one study. Other studies have different percentages but the same trend—identical twins are more likely to both be gay as compared to fraternal twins.

This strongly suggests that there is a genetic component—there is something in their genes that makes them more likely to be gay. Genetics, though, isn't everything.

If it were, then identical twins would both be gay 100% of the time. And this clearly isn't the case.

And if it were all environment, then identical twins would both be gay as often as fraternal twins. Again, this isn't the situation.

So the interplay of environment and genes probably results in homosexuality. By environment, I don't just mean how someone is raised (although that is sometimes part of it). I mean the effect the environment can have on how the brain is hardwired very early on.

In the womb, things happen that can affect how we develop. A surge of hormones here, a viral infection there, and we are not the same as we would be without these environmental factors.

Handedness is an example of this. Some people have genes that make them more likely to be left-handed. Not all of these folks end up lefties, though.

J. Michael Bailey, PhD, Professor of Psychology at Northwestern University, in the Dec. 17, 1991 New York Times article "Gay Men in Twin Study," discussed the 1991 Archives of General Psychiatry article A Genetic Study of Male Sexual Orientation:

"We found 52 percent of identical twin brothers of gay men also were gay, compared with 22 percent of fraternal twins, compared with 11 percent of genetically unrelated brothers [brothers by adoption], which is exactly the kind of pattern you would want to see if something genetic were going on. The genetically most similar brothers were also the ones most likely to be gay, by a large margin."

Kenneth Kendler, MD, Director of the Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics, et. al, reported in the Nov. 2000 American Journal of Psychiatry article "Sexual Orientation in a U.S. National Sample of Twin and Nontwin Sibling Pairs":

"In accord with findings from prior twin studies, resemblance for sexual orientation was greater in monozygotic [identical] twins than in dizygotic [fraternal] twins or nontwin sibling pairs. These results suggest that genetic factors may provide an important influence on sexual orientation.

The concordance rate for nonheterosexual sexual orientation in monozygotic twins found in this sample (31.6%) is similar to that found in the one previous general population twin study but lower than the approximately 50% concordance rates found in the two previous studies that ascertained twin pairs through homophilic publications."

Even when you site the evidence that proves that sexual orientation is not strictly genetic you claim it proves it is. If it were only genetic in origin the concurrence rate for mono zygotic twins would be 100% because they have identical genetic material. I never said that genes do not have an influence, just that they are not the only factor. Anyone who disagrees with simple facts is not a real scientist.

You dont know what a strawman argument is?????

Umm dude.

Its when you say shit the other side DOESNT believe so you can refute it.

The things I posted ARE your bases beliefs

Yes I do know what a straw argument is.

You use it more then anyone here.

Toby just saying it doesnt make it true.

PROVE one single straw man arguement I have EVER made here.

I tell you what your party members think.

Its up to you now to prove they dont think those things.

You cant and its not a straw man arguement fool

:rofl:

Thanks for what might just be the last great laugh of 2010.

Let's see..can I legally marry anywhere in the US and have the full faith apply to us and our child?

Can I adopt my daughter legally in all 50 states and have it recognized in all 50 states?

I could be wrong about this, but my impression is that any adoption that is recognized anywhere in the US is legal in every state. Why wouldn't it be?

Nope, there are states such as TX and FL where we would never go because our marriage and my adoption of our daughter are NOT recognized...gods forbid any of us get sick or hurt in those states...it's as bad as going to a 3rd world country.

I don't know what your source is but Texas law does recognize having two parents of the same sex.

If a co-parent adoption is properly followed, it is possible in Texas to have two moms or two dads which will be recognized under the Texas Family Code. In such cases a suit affecting the parent child relationship (SAPCR Action) is the appropriate remedy for recognition of and consideration of the minor children of the same sex union by adoption. Child support, health care insurance, visitation, possession and access rights of the parties, transportation costs, and injunctions that preserve the status quo and peace of all parties concerned are all subject to proper litigation and judgment under the Texas Family Code. Regrettably, under the current Texas law, same sex unions or marriages validly performed and recognized in a state authorizing and providing jurisdiction for such legal relationships will not help the parties in the state of Texas, where it often counts most: health insurance, social security, disability insurance, child support, alimony, etc. The current state of law in Texas further ignores the underlying policy recognized in all states to always consider the best interest of the children. Regardless of policy considerations and decisions with regard to same sex unions, children are never at fault and making their children illegal citizens or citizens unworthy of protection cannot be in their best interest under any interpretation of state policy. Absent legal hoop jumping and manipulation, they are practically children without legal rights in the state of Texas.

The Legal Befuddlement of Legal Same Sex Unions The Nacol Law Firm PC

I could go on for hours about the stupidity of laws and politics in Texas, but they are not a third world country. Neither, it seems, is Florida.

Will Florida recognize gay adoptions from other states? - Orlando Sentinel

:eusa_whistle:

of course....with a republican majority house...isn't that safe to say....:eusa_whistle:

you really shouldn't try to defend obama's record on gay rights, it is atrocious. The truth is that as long as he is in politics his "evolving" stance on gay marriage will remain that he supports civil unions, and thinks marriage should be between a man and a woman. After no one can vote for him it might "evolve" to something else, or it might not.

dadt

Windy City Times - Obama's Justice Dept. defends DADT - 607

'Don't Ask Don't Tell': the Debate Over Obama Administration's Legal Defense of Gay Ban - ABC News

Look at some of the briefs that have been filed in Obama's name, almost all of them are much worse than anything the DoJ filed when Bush was calling the shots. I have a few friends that are activists in this area, and none of them are giving Obama any credit for DADT. If you want to give anyone credit for it and refuse to recognize that a group of Republicans are proximate cause then give it to Reid. He is the one that forced the stand alone vote that everyone claims repealed it, even though it didn't.

GOProud Chairman gets better of MSNBC Host

SNIP:
Posted by therightscoop on Dec 30, 2010 in Politics | 72 Comments
This was a great segment and honestly I was proud to be in Barron’s corner. While I disagree with his lifestyle choices, I thought he did a great job defending both the Republican Party and the conservative movement against Cenk’s accusations – especially that the Republican Party ‘doesn’t like him’.

Rush has tried to make this point over and over, that conservatives are much more tolerant than are liberals. You remember how much flack Elton John got from the Left for singing at Rush’s wedding. It’s just par for the course with the Left and we’ve seen it over and over.

the rest and video at site.
GOProud Chairman gets better of MSNBC Host | The Right Scoop

Uh...no I don't. But I'm sure you can show us.

Seriously?

Elton John Not Feeling the Love After Playing Rush Limbaugh's Wedding | PopEater.com

The GOP needs people to SCAPEGOAT.

Gays are one of those targeted groups.

There's nothing like mutually agreed upon victims to keep the mob happy.

The GOP thrives on fear. You are a normal god loving AmerIcans and we are her to protect you from gays, mexicans, liberals,commies.....

oh Christ.....so do the Democrats Rw.....to the Seniors...."when Bush gets elected your going to lose your SS".....to the blacks..."Black Churches are going to burn".....the stuff that they tell the Mexicans here every Election cycle is amazing....its to bad they are not smart enough to realise that Mexicans born here ....know better....they think they dont....i could see an idiot like Dean bringing this bullshit up Rw....i thought you were somewhat elevated over a dipshit like Dean.....i guess not....

Isn't it funny that for all these years conservatives have been fighting against gay rights and telling us homosexuality is an abomination, and sin, and deviancy, and depravity, and abnormality, that gays would destroy the military, blah, blah,

and now they're deciding it's okay?

So when did you all decide you were wrong? How's it feel to get your sorry asses kicked on another major social issue? :lol::lol::lol:

ok Carb ill ask you this question that 2 other "libs" here danced around.....WHY did California,just about the ultimate in Libracy ....vote it down....TWICE?....there are a hell of a lot of LEFT leaning voters out here......what happened?.....

Isn't it funny that for all these years conservatives have been fighting against gay rights and telling us homosexuality is an abomination, and sin, and deviancy, and depravity, and abnormality, that gays would destroy the military, blah, blah,

So when did you all decide you were wrong? How's it feel to get your sorry asses kicked on another major social issue? :lol::lol::lol:

You have conservatives confused with right wing religous Republicans.

thats Deans problem too.....in every post....

I love it when the republicans try to keep people from joining their party.

well fer sure, cause the Democrat-Progressive-Commie party is sooooooooooo inviten.

you aren't considered "individuals" in their party, you are a group, Blacks, Homosexuls, etc etc

If you want to be USED then go for it, but don't cross them, they will turn on you like Angry dogs.:lol:

jesus your stupid

:lol:.....oh geezus....am i the only one laughing at this....

republicans have had to cheat in elections for decades to win.

they have been caught repetedly and there are court documents to prove it.

Your base hates gay people and thinks they are evil.

Your base wants abbortion illegal.

Your base hates brown people sooooo much they dont want kids with brown skin to be allowed to go to college because of their parents mistakes.

Your base held signs that said all sortsd of racist shit.

your base still thinks the HC bill is a take over of the helath system.

The R base are ill informed idiots

most Conservatives can at least spell....

The GOP needs people to SCAPEGOAT.

Gays are one of those targeted groups.

There's nothing like mutually agreed upon victims to keep the mob happy.

The GOP thrives on fear. You are a normal god loving AmerIcans and we are her to protect you from gays, mexicans, liberals,commies.....

oh Christ.....so do the Democrats Rw.....to the Seniors...."when Bush gets elected your going to lose your SS".....to the blacks..."Black Churches are going to burn".....the stuff that they tell the Mexicans here every Election cycle is amazing....its to bad they are not smart enough to realise that Mexicans born here ....know better....they think they dont....i could see an idiot like Dean bringing this bullshit up Rw....i thought you were somewhat elevated over a dipshit like Dean.....i guess not....

Nope, I mean just look @ his name.:lol:

This intellectual void came on here thinkin it would be fun to pose as a righty, make us look bad, etc.

I'm quite sure I wasn't the 1st to call BS, as most of his posts are devoid or fact, logic, win, etc.

Cuz of this, he obviously has no credibility.

I'm sorry, but my chances of full equal rights go up with democrats....go down with republicans.

yea until it becomes time for them to vote on it.....then what happens?.....you still get screwed....why are you so enamored with people who pat you on the back and then behind your back they are smirking?......Democrats are using Gay people Bo....just like they use other minorities.....if you cant see that....then they have done their job with you....

ok Carb ill ask you this question that 2 other "libs" here danced around.....WHY did California,just about the ultimate in Libracy ....vote it down....TWICE?....there are a hell of a lot of LEFT leaning voters out here......what happened?.....

Hey, Harry...share with us the difference in percentage of the two votes...Prop 22 and Prop H8...

And having admittedly neglected to target black neighborhoods with their anti-H8 literature, do you think we'd forget them again?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back