Trademarking a logo

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
Is this a difficult thing to do? If anyone has any experience in this, I am all ears.

Specifically - length of time it takes and amount of money it takes, and second: do you have to trademark each variation of your logo once it's trademarked and you'd like to present it in different ways/colors/backgrounds.....

Any assistance is Boss.

Last edited:
Appreciate the links pacer, I was j/w if anyone had any hands on experience with this as well basically.

Is this a difficult thing to do? If anyone has any experience in this, I am all ears.

Specifically - length of time it takes and amount of money it takes, and second: do you have to trademark each variation of your logo once it's trademarked and you'd like to present it in different ways/colors/backgrounds.....

Any assistance is Boss.

It can take about nine months for the trademark registration process. You'll get a registration number within a few weeks, but the final approval will take longer.

It costs only a few hundred bucks.

But you also have to provide evidence you have been using the trademark, and once it is officially registered you must use it regularly in the marketplace. Use it or lose it.

ETA: As for "variations", that's tricky. Most trademarks depend heavily on the color scheme. For instance, McDonald's is red and yellow themed. There is also their "golden arches" logo. But if your logo does not depend on color, you will need to say so in the application.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back