Travel to Florida

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
My wife and I travel to Florida for three weeks every February, trying to time it so that we miss the worst of Winter in Pittsburgh. Good Lord, we hit it right this time. The weather up North is...well, you know, and it has been balmy and beautiful here in St Petersburg since we got here.

We have read and heard many things about how the lockdowns have not been as harsh in Florida as most other states, and FWIW, this is what we are seeing. It's pretty similar to what we had in Western Pennsylvania. Restaurants are open with a nominal 6-foot social distance required but not enforced. Mask mandates are posted everywhere, but are meaningless. You have to wear a mask to get in, but once you are in, nobody seems to care and almost nobody is wearing a mask. In grocery stores, everyone is wearing a mask, as in all other non-food-consuming businesses.

At church, same as PA. Worshipers are spaced around the church and communion as always. On Ash Wednesday, the Priest will not place ashes on our forehead, but will sprinkle ashes over our heads. Women not pleased. All the churches that have Fish Dinner Friday's during Lent are doing it again this year, albeit ONLY take out.

We walked the Tampa River Walk on Sunday. It was quite crowded and few were wearing masks, nobody cared. On the beach at Clearwater, thousands of people and almost no masks. Not a lot of children around; maybe they are in school. Golf courses are always crowded here at this time of year and they are slightly less crowded this year (with no Canadians).

Dramatically fewer Canadians down there this year, and no (apparent) Europeans (Brits and Germans are usually in evidence).

I am 71, and not vaccinated. At home, some people we know have managed to get a shot, but that was after sitting on line for hours waiting to talk to someone. Of course, we can't get a shot down here, since we are "foreigners."

I believe the border with Canadian closed months ago, to nonessential travel. They got stuck in the great white north for the winter.

We’re in San Diego and the weather is nice, not as warm as FL. Coming here through AZ and no Canadians to be found. The RV parks usually fill up with them, but not this year.

Most people are wearing masks here.

I believe the border with Canadian closed months ago, to nonessential travel. They got stuck in the great white north for the winter.

We’re in San Diego and the weather is nice, not as warm as FL. Coming here through AZ and no Canadians to be found. The RV parks usually fill up with them, but not this year.

And yet the southern border is wide open per Xi's man. The entire third world is welcome to waltz right in, bringing any new and deadly virus they might have with them.

Quid Pro puts America last, every time.

Last edited:

And yet the southern border is wide open per Xi's man. The entire third world is welcome to waltz right in, bringing any new and deadly virus them might have with them.

I’ve seen no evidence of that.

And yet the southern border is wide open per Xi's man. The entire third world is welcome to waltz right in, bringing any new and deadly virus them might have with them.

Try walking or driving across the border without a passport and let us know how you make out. Your " Xi`s man" comment outs you as a sore loser that`s been reduced to childish babbling.

You've paid no attention at all to events around you? Not really surprising.

{

The Department of Homeland Security will begin phase one of the Biden administration's new approach to immigration and asylum seekers on Friday by releasing thousands of migrants in three American cities over a two-week period.

The new plan, in stark contrast to the Trump administration's "Remain In Mexico" policy, will have DHS start releasing illegal aliens in San Diego, California; El Paso, Texas; and Brownsville, Texas, according to Breitbart and the Associated Press. Around 25,000 migrants will be let into the country through the first phase.

DHS plans to process and release about 300 migrants a day in both San Diego and El Paso, with plans to release about 100 migrants a day in Brownsville.

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on Friday, when the new plan was announced, they hope to have an online system to have illegal aliens apply for asylum virtually so they do not need to present themselves at the ports of entry on the southwest border.

}

These Are the Three American Cities the Biden Admin Is Planning to Start Releasing Migrant In by Julio Rosas (townhall.com)

Try walking or driving across the border without a passport and let us know how you make out. Your " Xi`s man" comment outs you as a sore loser that`s been reduced to childish babbling.

If I'm illegal, I need only say "asylum" and I'll be set free in the interior of America.

You're a Nazi fraud thinking you can lie reality into the cornfield.

Hey, San Diego? Cool, a hundred illegals a day coming your way. Who knows what diseases they may have. But no worries, Uber Alles Democrat.

If I'm illegal, I need only say "asylum" and I'll be set free in the interior of America.

You're a Nazi fraud thinking you can lie reality into the cornfield.
If that was the case there would be a nonstop procession of illegals coming in. You`re making zero sense.

The one you and trump said was fake?

Hey, San Diego? Cool, a hundred illegals a day coming your way. Who knows what diseases they may have. But no worries, Uber Alles Democrat.
Now if we can only get the MAGA bums to leave. Terrorist, scammers and dead beats we can do without.
A majority of the people arrested for Capitol riot had a history of financial trouble | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (post-gazette.com)

Sure, run from your claims now since you have to take another stand to be difficult because, isn't that what politics is all about?

Sure, double down on your fucking lies. Why would you develop integrity now.

Of course, you could always produce quotes of Trump or I saying the Wuhan Designer Virus® was fake.

Well, no you can't, since none exist and you're just a pathetic Nazi liar - but if any had actually said what you claim..

You've paid no attention at all to events around you? Not really surprising.

{

The Department of Homeland Security will begin phase one of the Biden administration's new approach to immigration and asylum seekers on Friday by releasing thousands of migrants in three American cities over a two-week period.

The new plan, in stark contrast to the Trump administration's "Remain In Mexico" policy, will have DHS start releasing illegal aliens in San Diego, California; El Paso, Texas; and Brownsville, Texas, according to Breitbart and the Associated Press. Around 25,000 migrants will be let into the country through the first phase.

DHS plans to process and release about 300 migrants a day in both San Diego and El Paso, with plans to release about 100 migrants a day in Brownsville.

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on Friday, when the new plan was announced, they hope to have an online system to have illegal aliens apply for asylum virtually so they do not need to present themselves at the ports of entry on the southwest border.

}

These Are the Three American Cities the Biden Admin Is Planning to Start Releasing Migrant In by Julio Rosas (townhall.com)
Biden is requiring a negative test for any immigrant and is not allowing border crossing at this time. What is effected at this time is the poor fucks currently in cages here in the US but thanks for your horseshit propaganda. We have come to expect it from you. Meanwhile the gipper is on the border line. Is not a Democrat and is not full of shit. Yet he says no mass border crossing.

My wife and I travel to Florida for three weeks every February, trying to time it so that we miss the worst of Winter in Pittsburgh. Good Lord, we hit it right this time. The weather up North is...well, you know, and it has been balmy and beautiful here in St Petersburg since we got here.

We have read and heard many things about how the lockdowns have not been as harsh in Florida as most other states, and FWIW, this is what we are seeing. It's pretty similar to what we had in Western Pennsylvania. Restaurants are open with a nominal 6-foot social distance required but not enforced. Mask mandates are posted everywhere, but are meaningless. You have to wear a mask to get in, but once you are in, nobody seems to care and almost nobody is wearing a mask. In grocery stores, everyone is wearing a mask, as in all other non-food-consuming businesses.

At church, same as PA. Worshipers are spaced around the church and communion as always. On Ash Wednesday, the Priest will not place ashes on our forehead, but will sprinkle ashes over our heads. Women not pleased. All the churches that have Fish Dinner Friday's during Lent are doing it again this year, albeit ONLY take out.

We walked the Tampa River Walk on Sunday. It was quite crowded and few were wearing masks, nobody cared. On the beach at Clearwater, thousands of people and almost no masks. Not a lot of children around; maybe they are in school. Golf courses are always crowded here at this time of year and they are slightly less crowded this year (with no Canadians).

Dramatically fewer Canadians down there this year, and no (apparent) Europeans (Brits and Germans are usually in evidence).

I am 71, and not vaccinated. At home, some people we know have managed to get a shot, but that was after sitting on line for hours waiting to talk to someone. Of course, we can't get a shot down here, since we are "foreigners."
Enjoy Florida. I am scheduled to be down there in a week. There is an off chance that may not happen though. I may have an opportunity to fly to Italy and run some ships across the Mediterranean to a bone yard in Turkey so they may be scrap. A couple of months making big bucks tax free would be all freaking right. Never been across the Mediterranean either, good experience.

Biden is requiring a negative test for any immigrant and is not allowing border crossing at this time. What is effected at this time is the poor fucks currently in cages here in the US but thanks for your horseshit propaganda. We have come to expect it from you. Meanwhile the gipper is on the border line. Is not a Democrat and is not full of shit. Yet he says no mass border crossing.

How can we tell when a Nazi is lying?

Oh yeah, when they post or say anything.

{

"CBP personnel conduct initial inspections for symptoms or risk factors associated with COVID-19 and consult with onsite medical personnel, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or local health systems as appropriate," the agency said in a statement. "Onsite medical personnel can provide basic assessment and supportive treatment, but suspected COVID-19 cases are referred to local health systems for appropriate testing, diagnosis, and treatment."

But child migrants are exempt from federal laws that allow the immediate deportation of apprehended adults.

"When immediate expulsion is not possible, the U.S. Government expeditiously returns illegal border crossers to their country of origin," CBP said. "CBP uses a combination of onsite contract medical personnel and referrals to local health systems to provide medical support for persons in custody who require medical attention."

}

You lie because you are a Nazi - it is your nature to promote your Reich regardless of facts.

How can we tell when a Nazi is lying?

Oh yeah, when they post or say anything.

{

"CBP personnel conduct initial inspections for symptoms or risk factors associated with COVID-19 and consult with onsite medical personnel, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or local health systems as appropriate," the agency said in a statement. "Onsite medical personnel can provide basic assessment and supportive treatment, but suspected COVID-19 cases are referred to local health systems for appropriate testing, diagnosis, and treatment."

But child migrants are exempt from federal laws that allow the immediate deportation of apprehended adults.

"When immediate expulsion is not possible, the U.S. Government expeditiously returns illegal border crossers to their country of origin," CBP said. "CBP uses a combination of onsite contract medical personnel and referrals to local health systems to provide medical support for persons in custody who require medical attention."

}

You lie because you are a Nazi - it is your nature to promote your Reich regardless of facts.
The white supremist with the leader using propaganda right out of the nazi hand book calling me a nazi. Hillarious

Forum List

Back