Travel To Spain 2021 | Best Destination For Holiday

sam5971

Feb 13, 2020
Spain is a European country, includes 17 autonomous regions with diverse geography and cultures. This country full of natural beauty and inspiring landscapes.

Due to COVID-19 Spanish travel restrictions, U.S. citizens cannot enter Spain unless they meet very specific requirements or have already obtained special permission from the Government of Spain

My daughter and I were going to go to either Spain, Portugal or Belgium for her birthday back in May. We do a trip every year because I, a 58 year old guy, is devoid of ideas as to what to get a woman in her mid-30's for her birthday.

Anyway, we'd decided on Belgium, and then the proverbial shit hit the fan. We weren't going anywhere.

Ordinarily we fly Economy-Plus, but since we didn't make a trip this year when we can travel we're doing first class the whole way...

No thanks. Too many Spanish speakers. Too few options for American cuisine. Besides, there are plenty of wonderful places in the US thst I haven’t visited yet.

No thanks. Too many Spanish speakers. Too few options for American cuisine. Besides, there are plenty of wonderful places in the US thst I haven’t visited yet.

When my daughter and I went to Scotland, we ate haggis. We didn't go out looking for a cheeseburger.

Seriously, why travel if all you're going to do is spend your time finding things that you can get at home?

When my daughter and I went to Scotland, we ate haggis. We didn't go out looking for a cheeseburger.

Seriously, why travel if all you're going to do is spend your time finding things that you can get at home?

Exactly. That’s why I don’t travel outside the USA. I’m perfectly content staying here in the US, where I know the language, I can get the food I prefer, and I can carry my gun.

Exactly. That’s why I don’t travel outside the USA. I’m perfectly content staying here in the US, where I know the language, I can get the food I prefer, and I can carry my gun.

Well, I get that. I like traveling around the United States and have done so extensively.

But there's a great big world out there...

Well, I get that. I like traveling around the United States and have done so extensively.

There are a lot of great places to see in the US.

The rest of that wide world isn’t going to think very highly of me, nor I of it. Kinda like oil and matches. I tend to be that unpleasant American who gives us a bad name internationally.

There are a lot of great places to see in the US.

The rest of that wide world isn’t going to think very highly of me, nor I of it. Kinda like oil and matches. I tend to be that unpleasant American who gives us a bad name internationally.
It's indeed hard to travel somewhere that has intelligent people with a superior lifestyle.

The Spanish (especially in the main/tourist parts) speak great English in all honesty.

Regards the food you get everything. You get a good choice in Spain and it's not all just paella, sea food and vegetables.

Although if you're going inland and spending your time in the little historic towns/mountain villages etc then you're going to be limited - there's not going to be Sports Bars, Pizza Huts and Subway.

Ibiza, Valencia, Malaga, Barcelona, the islands, Mallorca/Magaluf, Marbella and inwards cities like Madrid and Sevilla will literally have anything you'd want to eat and drink (and be entertained)

However I'd avoid the North and the West Coast - places like Vigo, Santander and Bilbao (although nice enough) aren't really set up for tourists in the same way, unless your a purists that just wants a new experience or two.

Gibraltar is also a fantastic place to visit. It's UK-territory but with the Spanish character and good weather. Great spot.

Forum List

Back