Trump and Evangelical religion pro's and con's. Should Religion even be involved in the election?

No at all, just following your statements. I said:

Trump has been "using" the Evangelicals and quoting God as a way to get elected. and recently with the attempted assassination attempt he experienced, according to Trump, God is watching out for him and that is the reason why he was not killed.

and you replied:

"If you don't believe in God or have him in your life it's impossible to use as a tool."

"Can you use a screwdriver if you don't have one in your toolbox?"

My interpretation of your posts is as follows: If Trump doesn't believe in God or have him in his life, it is impossible to use as a tool.

Are you saying that Trump is using God as a tool? or that he doesn't believe in God and as such, using his name in vain?

By the way, using him as a tool in an election where religion is not supposed to be one of the factors involved in electing a president (should be about the economic and security welfare of the people and not their beliefs because even if you believe in God you can starve to death if you can't pay your bills).

In simple words, whether Trump actually believes in God (and I seriously doubt it as he believe he (personally) is better than everyone), or doesn't believe in him and is conning people, both approaches are bad.

You don't agree?

I'm saying that people who don't ever reference God or talk about a belief in God probably don't have God in their life.

Democrats never talk about God and even voted him off stage. Remember that?!?

Trump is not perfect, no human is, but he's not promoting killing babies. Harris is campaigning on abortion.

Harris to Kick Off Abortion Rights Bus Tour - Political Wire

I'm saying that people who don't ever reference God or talk about a belief in God probably don't have God in their life.

Democrats never talk about God and even voted him off stage. Remember that?!?

Trump is not perfect, no human is, but he's not promoting killing babies. Harris is campaigning on abortion.

Harris to Kick Off Abortion Rights Bus Tour - Political Wire

Why are you always deflecting instead of answering the OP? This is about Trump, not about Harris.

We all know he is not perfect. In fact, he is a perfect example of the opposite.......he is as imperfect as it gets.

Having said that, the elections should never be (or include) any religious inferences. It is written in the Constitution that religion should not be involved in the election of government officials, meaning that Trump should not be using religion in any way, to get votes for himself or votes against Harris.

Trump is therefore doing something against the Constitution by any inference to God. You support the Constitution, or is Trump your Constitution.

The Founding Fathers thought freedom of religion was so important that they addressed it in the 1st Amendment to the Bill of Rights in the Constitution. . If you think religion shouldn't be involved in the political process maybe free speech and the 5th Amendment due process not to mention the 2nd Amendment will be next in line for the ignorant left.

You asked me to explain, I did.

If you don't want an answer, don't ask.
Explain using Harris as an example when Trump is the one doing it?

Support or deny support for Trump but don't get someone else involved that has nothing to do with what Trump is doing.

The Founding Fathers thought freedom of religion was so important that they addressed it in the 1st Amendment to the Bill of Rights in the Constitution. . If you think religion shouldn't be involved in the political process maybe free speech and the 5th Amendment due process not to mention the 2nd Amendment will be next in line for the ignorant left.
Really?

So this part of the Constitution does not apply (according to you)?

The second clause of the First Amendment that deals with religion immediately follows the Establishment Clause: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the exercise thereof." Where the first clause prohibits Congress from adopting any particular religion.

Trump has been "using" the Evangelicals and quoting God as a way to get elected. and recently with the attempted assassination attempt he experienced, according to Trump, God is watching out for him and that is the reason why he was not killed. In addition, Megan Kelly tried to confirm that by making the case that Trump was shot at 6:11pm and that is meaningful on a biblical basis............In reading Ephesian 6:11 where it says "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." Megan Kelly says that it means that Trump has the "full armor of God" on his side and the Democratic "devils" were the ones trying to kill him.

Nonetheless, this video makes the very good case that the opposite meaning is most likely to be the case, quoting other 6:11's verses in the Bible. See this and have a good laugh

I have 2 questions for you:

1) "Should Trump be using God and Religion to win the presidency"?
2) "Knowing who Trump is and hearing the above video, should the Evangelicals be supporting Trump"?

The Democrats use God close to Election time when Democrats WANT to go to church and they head into inner city Black churches to speak….. and the pastors let them yet the pastors never hold Democrats accountable for not coming back until the next election. Whores.

We all know he is not perfect. In fact, he is a perfect example of the opposite.......he is as imperfect as it gets.

Having said that, the elections should never be (or include) any religious inferences. It is written in the Constitution that religion should not be involved in the election of government officials, meaning that Trump should not be using religion in any way, to get votes for himself or votes against Harris.

Trump is therefore doing something against the Constitution by any inference to God. You support the Constitution, or is Trump your Constitution.

Where does the Constitution say religion should be excluded?

I'll wait.

Explain using Harris as an example when Trump is the one doing it?

Support or deny support for Trump but don't get someone else involved that has nothing to do with what Trump is doing.

Again, I'll answer and comment how I wish.

Trump campaigns on and with his strengths.

Harris does the same, it just so happens that her strengths are not Godly, so it's no surprise that she don't speak of God.

Again, I'll answer and comment how I wish.

Trump campaigns on and with his strengths.

Harris does the same, it just so happens that her strengths are not Godly, so it's no surprise that she don't speak of God.
You did it again, deflect and not answer the questions posed.

Let me remind you of the questions, neither of which you have addressed in any way:

2) "Knowing who Trump is and hearing the above video, should the Evangelicals be supporting Trump"?

You did it again, deflect and not answer the questions posed.

Let me remind you of the questions, neither of which you have addressed in any way:

I'll write slowly for you.

Y e s

A n d

Y e s

The Democrats use God close to Election time when Democrats WANT to go to church and they head into inner city Black churches to speak….. and the pastors let them yet the pastors never hold Democrats accountable for not coming back until the next election. Whores.

Going to on public television and using the name of the Lord in vain by saying that God favors you and going to church as a political stunt, are two completely different things. One is saying you are religious (though it may be a lie) and the other one saying that God has chosen you to be his messenger.

You can't see the difference?

Really?

So this part of the Constitution does not apply (according to you)?

The second clause of the First Amendment that deals with religion immediately follows the Establishment Clause: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the exercise thereof." Where the first clause prohibits Congress from adopting any particular religion.
It means that the U.S. can't establish a state religion like Christianity or Judism or Islam or Hindoo or Voodoo but the Constitution respects and authorizes the rights of all citizens including politicians to engage in whatever religion they choose.

Forum List

Back