Trump and Evangelical religion pro's and con's. Should Religion even be involved in the election?

Is it ethical to take money from one person to give it to another?

Shouldn't charity be voluntary?

Democrats are all for "helping" the poor as long as it is your money that is given.

Republicans are more charitable than democrats by a lot.
Republicans give more but not to the poor. They give more period. Churches , campaigns and the poor. They are more herdish in nature.

How Political Ideology Influences Charitable Giving

The more Republican a county is, the more its residents report charitable contributions, the study found.
First of all, let me thank you and congratulate you on the fact that with this post, you are actually trying to prove your point through data, statistics and facts. I respect that.

I read your article and there are a few points made. By the same token, I don't think you read the full article or you might not have wanted to put it out.

A couple of things I read in your article caught my attention:

1) Dr. Nesbit said they also did not know whether donors were being purely generous or whether they would also benefit from their donation. This relationship is called consumption philanthropy, in which people give to a religious organization or a school from which they will derive a benefit in the form of, say, a better religious education program or a new gymnasium.
Donations do give benefits to the givers.

Firstly, they get benefits in their taxes for doing so and secondly, if the are in a political arena, they get benefits in the form of additional votes.

2) Charitable contributions may be lower in Democratic-leaning counties, but residents support the social safety net through higher taxes.

The study found that Democratic counties, like Holmes County, Mo., which is on the higher end of the giving spectrum, provide more over all to charitable causes, but through a combination of what the authors call voluntary giving, like charity, and involuntary giving, which the rest of us call taxes.

What this paragraph implies is that Democrats give more (as a whole) through their acceptance to pay higher taxes, which goes to help others.

This could mean even more money is distributed to the poor by more people, even those each quantity is lower per person.

One additional thing to consider is that Republicans tend to be more capitalistic than Democrats and that means there are more rich Republicans than Rich Democrats, meaning that contribution from the rich would tend to be more (in total) from Republicans than from Democrats.

1725116002845.png

I await your reply to the answer I gave you

Last edited:
Republicans give more but not to the poor. They give more period. Churches , campaigns and the poor. They are more herdish in nature.

That's how it should be.

Do you think it would be alright for you to take money from one of your neighbors to give it to another one?

Charity should be voluntary.

That's how it should be.

Do you think it would be alright for you to take money from one of your neighbors to give it to another one?

Charity should be voluntary.
I believe the government has a duty to ensure the welfare of all. Where do you draw the line ? Do you really want people starving to death in America. All other countries do the same. It's inhumane not to.

I'm just letting you know you're incorrect. You can believe whatever fantasy you'd like.
Same applies to you. Nonetheless, talking about my own statistics

I have found in the 8 years that I have been on political message boards that 90% of Republicans do not use data, statistics, or facts to support their views. They rarely prove their points but are 100% convinced that they are right.

1) Dr. Nesbit said they also did not know whether donors were being purely generous or whether they would also benefit from their donation. This relationship is called consumption philanthropy, in which people give to a religious organization or a school from which they will derive a benefit in the form of, say, a better religious education program or a new gymnasium.
Donations do give benefits to the givers. Firstly, they get benefits in their taxes for doing so and secondly, if the are in a political arena, they get benefits in the form of additional votes.

He said he did not know....So, why even mention it.

As long as you are voluntarily giving your own money that's what counts.

You think all people who are paying taxes to the government are doing so to be generous?

LOL

The study found that Democratic counties, like Holmes County, Mo., which is on the higher end of the giving spectrum, provide more over all to charitable causes, but through a combination of what the authors call voluntary giving, like charity, and involuntary giving, which the rest of us call taxes.
What this paragraph implies is that Democrats give more (as a whole) through their acceptance to pay higher taxes, which goes to help others. This could mean even more money is distributed to the poor by more people, even those each quantity is lower per person.

That's a cop out.

Like all people in this country, when tax time comes, democrats try to keep every penny they can.

Do you have a choice but to accept paying taxes?

Trump is a slut, but he did it because he enjoyed it. Harris did it for a political career.
In other words, Harris is more competent than Trump. She does things with an objective in mind. Trump does what his balls tell him to do.

Which is better for our leader................Competency, or idiocracy?

I believe the government has a duty to ensure the welfare of all. Where do you draw the line ? Do you really want people starving to death in America. All other countries do the same. It's inhumane not to.

Do you believe it would be ok for you to take money from one of your neighbors to give to another?

The "government" couldn't exist without the taxpayer, they have no money.

Charity should be voluntary, and you would have more to give if the government didn't take your money to give to others.

I can spend my own money better than they can.

He said he did not know....So, why even mention it.

It also means that you using the article for the reason you used it, should apply "it is not known for sure"
As long as you are voluntarily giving your own money that's what counts.

Not necessarily, because if your are getting more benefits from the giving than the amount of money you are giving, it is not considering giving but Capitalism.
You think all people who are paying taxes to the government are doing so to be generous?

No, but they are doing it knowing that part of the money they are paying is going to government programs that help the poor..........and as such, they pay it and don't complain about it.
LOL

That's a cop out.

whatever you want to call it, it is reality.
Like all people in this country, when tax time comes, democrats try to keep every penny they can.

That is everyone on earth that does that. Nonetheless, it is the Republicans that want to change that (lower the amount paid on taxes).
Do you have a choice but to accept paying taxes?

No, but the Republicans are the ones trying to change the tax codes to pay lower taxes and given that they are lowering taxes more on the rich than on the poor, it means that they are trying to screw the poor.

In other words, Harris is more competent than Trump. She does things with an objective in mind. Trump does what his balls tell him to do.

Which is better for our leader................Competency, or idiocracy?
Well if screwing a married man to help your career is what she did. She didn't care about the wife and others thar were affected.

It also means that you using the article for the reason you used it, should apply "it is not known for sure"

No, it doesn't.

It means Republicans give more to charity, period. Even after paying their involuntary taxes.

Not necessarily, because if your are getting more benefits from the giving than the amount of money you are giving, it is not considering giving but Capitalism.

You against Capitalism?

No, but they are doing it knowing that part of the money they are paying is going to government programs that help the poor..........and as such, they pay it and don't complain about it.

I would rather give my money to things that I choose to give it to.

Much of the money they take in taxes is wasted and don't end up helping anyone but themselves.

whatever you want to call it, it is reality.

The reality is democrats hate paying taxes too, many have been busted for tax evasion.

That is everyone on earth that does that. Nonetheless, it is the Republicans that want to change that (lower the amount paid on taxes).

Exactly.

No, but the Republicans are the ones trying to change the tax codes to pay lower taxes and given that they are lowering taxes more on the rich than on the poor, it means that they are trying to screw the poor.

When taxes get lowered, it is across the board.

Never have the Republicans lowered taxes for just the rich.

Trump has been "using" the Evangelicals and quoting God as a way to get elected. and recently with the attempted assassination attempt he experienced, according to Trump, God is watching out for him and that is the reason why he was not killed. In addition, Megan Kelly tried to confirm that by making the case that Trump was shot at 6:11pm and that is meaningful on a biblical basis............In reading Ephesian 6:11 where it says "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." Megan Kelly says that it means that Trump has the "full armor of God" on his side and the Democratic "devils" were the ones trying to kill him.

Nonetheless, this video makes the very good case that the opposite meaning is most likely to be the case, quoting other 6:11's verses in the Bible. See this and have a good laugh

I have 2 questions for you:

1) "Should Trump be using God and Religion to win the presidency"?
2) "Knowing who Trump is and hearing the above video, should the Evangelicals be supporting Trump"?

Every legal voter should be supporting President Trump

No exceptions.

Forum List

Back