Trump tried to push Harris into more debates. Now he's not sure he'll do another.

Donald Trump, who tried to push Kamala Harris into debating him by publicly accepting multiple invitations while her campaign insisted on first negotiating the terms, is now casting doubt on whether he will agree to another face-to-face meeting with his Democratic opponent.

Within moments of leaving the debate stage Tuesday night with a performance that some Republicans were quick to pan, Trump began dismissing the idea he would participate in another debate — a reversal from his previous talking point that he was willing to do several debates and that it was Harris who was hiding.

Trump viewed his first debate of the season against Joe Biden as a resounding success — not only did Republicans say he demonstrated restraint, but Biden's performance ultimately led to him stepping aside. Pushing Harris into several debates seemed like a strategic goal for Trump, fresh off the perceived win, and Harris rebuffed a request for one on Fox News in early September.

But Tuesday night's debate did not go like the earlier faceoff.

“She was exquisitely well-prepared. She laid traps, and he chased every rabbit down every hole instead of talking about the things that he should have been talking about," former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Trump ally-turned-critic, said in an interview with ABC News.

My...my how the worm has turned! Trump wanted multiple debates after his victory over Biden. But now? The guy doesn't think he needs more than one. I wonder what changed? LOL
/—-/ If Commie Harris did well on that debate, she wouldn’t be asking for another.

Last edited:
Donald Trump, who tried to push Kamala Harris into debating him by publicly accepting multiple invitations while her campaign insisted on first negotiating the terms, is now casting doubt on whether he will agree to another face-to-face meeting with his Democratic opponent.

Within moments of leaving the debate stage Tuesday night with a performance that some Republicans were quick to pan, Trump began dismissing the idea he would participate in another debate — a reversal from his previous talking point that he was willing to do several debates and that it was Harris who was hiding.

Trump viewed his first debate of the season against Joe Biden as a resounding success — not only did Republicans say he demonstrated restraint, but Biden's performance ultimately led to him stepping aside. Pushing Harris into several debates seemed like a strategic goal for Trump, fresh off the perceived win, and Harris rebuffed a request for one on Fox News in early September.

But Tuesday night's debate did not go like the earlier faceoff.

“She was exquisitely well-prepared. She laid traps, and he chased every rabbit down every hole instead of talking about the things that he should have been talking about," former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Trump ally-turned-critic, said in an interview with ABC News.

My...my how the worm has turned! Trump wanted multiple debates after his victory over Biden. But now? The guy doesn't think he needs more than one. I wonder what changed? LOL
He's not falling for another left show, especially knowing he'll probably win without it.

leftists r funny. Know why they wont replace Biden with the radical leftist? They don't want the risk. But u guys want to talk debates huh? Additionally, u guys only want to believe kam won the first one. must have missed kamala opening like a fraud, and trump closing like a champion.

Well, I didn't see her on the Fox News debate. They offered. Trump accepted. Harris declined. But now, all of a sudden she wants to debate again, but only on a network that would shill for her.
Mr Independent, there is no evidence Harris agred to and then declined Fox

False
About this rating

Context
The Harris campaign said the candidates agreed to three debates, one on Sept. 10, a second on Oct. 1 (between the vice presidential candidates) and a third between Harris and Trump later in October. At least publicly, Harris never agreed to a Sept. 4 debate on Fox News.

Well, I didn't see her on the Fox News debate. They offered. Trump accepted. Harris declined. But now, all of a sudden she wants to debate again, but only on a network that would shill for her.
Nope. Your orange douchebag did not accept. He’s too chicken.

Even Fox admits it.

Forum List

Back