CDZ Two options...the European model of self defense, and the American model of Self defensse.

Our founders said anyone trying to take those arms can not be trusted ..... If you think different put a sign in your front lawn saying you don't believe in the Second Amendment and you have no firearms.
... otherwise ...
penis gun.jpg

Yep....which is why women, and the elderly, the physically handicapped or people with injuries benefit the most from gun ownership.......for example, XXXXX

What I want you to know on Gun Violence Awareness Day
Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."
========
What I want you to know on Gun Violence Awareness Day | Fox News

I correctly listened to my instincts; I had a feeling that my life was in danger in that elevator and prepared myself mentally for what was potentially to come.

I ran to my car in an attempt to escape and, before I could even get my entire body in my car, I was tackled by my attacker.

This man quickly overpowered me, stabbed at me with a knife, clamped his hand over my mouth multiple times, and repeatedly tried forcing me in the passenger seat of my car while telling me, “We’re going.”

The entire time this was happening, a rusted, serrated knife was being stabbed towards my abdomen and held at my face.

I had been hit in the face, thrown over my driver’s side console, and had rips in my tights from his hands trying to force my legs up and over into the passenger seat.

There are some individuals that think gun owners are “trigger happy” and wanting to pull their weapons out at the first opportunity. There is nothing further from the truth.

The night I was attacked, I fought like hell for my life before reaching for my gun. I kicked, I screamed, I had all ten fingernails ripped off and bloodied from scratching and trying to fight my way out of a literal life and death situation.

Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Using a gun in self-protection is not a decision one makes lightly; in fact, I never dreamed that I would be forced into a situation where I would have to do so. However, I also never imagined such evil existing in the world so that I would be powerless, wounded, on my back and unable to physically force my attacker off of me.

I owned a gun and had been trained on how to use it. I know how to safely carry and that a gun is a serious and significant weapon; it is not to be used carelessly. Naysayers and people with opposing opinions may try to undermine my situation with hypotheticals. I cannot answer these questions. All I can do is tell the facts of my story and the true account of how I saved my own life.

What I want you to know on Gun Awareness Day is that a gun in the hands of a potential victim is not improperly placed; it can be the only thing keeping her from being brutally raped and murdered.

Without my gun, I would not be alive today.

Guns are not the problem in America; men like my attacker -- who are willing to violently change one person’s life for no reason except for pure evil – are the problem.

Be safe at all times. Be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Always be able to protect yourself. Refuse to be a victim, and instead be a fighter and a survivor. Live to tell your tale and make a criminal regret the day he chose you as a “soft target.” My gun saved my life, and one could save yours too.
===============

Waking up to an armed intruder in your house would be any home owner’s worst nightmare. If you’re a single mother with two young kids in the house, finding a man wielding a machete in your bedroom closet immediately kicks you into “momma bear” mode.

That’s what happened to a California woman who woke up to the sound of a man rummaging through her walk-in closet. The thief — Ocean Burger (his name, not a restaurant) — was armed with a number of knives and a machete when the un-named woman grabbed a handgun and confronted him.

From ksbw.com . . .

[Investigators] say Burger ignored orders to leave and when the homeowner fired several warning shots he allegedly advanced towards her, that’s when the mother fired at the accused burglar hitting him in the leg. And California law may be on her side.

Warning shots are never a good idea and could even put you in legal jeopardy in many jurisdictions. In this case, they not only wasted perfectly good (and expensive) ammunition, but probably led Burger to believe she wasn’t serious about actually shooting him.

After advancing on the woman, the round in his leg apparently convinced Burger that he was wrong.

The good news is California actually has a castle doctrine law on the books. The woman had no duty to retreat and was legally justified in using deadly force to defend herself and her children.

“There is a presumption that favors the homeowner they’re presumed that the person is in imminent fear of either death or great bodily injury,” said Ellen Campos, assistant district attorney for San Benito county. …

California Woman Shoots Machete-Wielding Burglar She Found in Her Closet - The Truth About Guns

=============

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep....which is why women, and the elderly, the physically handicapped or people with injuries benefit the most from gun ownership.......for example, you nitwit....

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."
========
What I want you to know on Gun Violence Awareness Day | Fox News

I correctly listened to my instincts; I had a feeling that my life was in danger in that elevator and prepared myself mentally for what was potentially to come.

I ran to my car in an attempt to escape and, before I could even get my entire body in my car, I was tackled by my attacker.

This man quickly overpowered me, stabbed at me with a knife, clamped his hand over my mouth multiple times, and repeatedly tried forcing me in the passenger seat of my car while telling me, “We’re going.”

The entire time this was happening, a rusted, serrated knife was being stabbed towards my abdomen and held at my face.

I had been hit in the face, thrown over my driver’s side console, and had rips in my tights from his hands trying to force my legs up and over into the passenger seat.

There are some individuals that think gun owners are “trigger happy” and wanting to pull their weapons out at the first opportunity. There is nothing further from the truth.

The night I was attacked, I fought like hell for my life before reaching for my gun. I kicked, I screamed, I had all ten fingernails ripped off and bloodied from scratching and trying to fight my way out of a literal life and death situation.

Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Using a gun in self-protection is not a decision one makes lightly; in fact, I never dreamed that I would be forced into a situation where I would have to do so. However, I also never imagined such evil existing in the world so that I would be powerless, wounded, on my back and unable to physically force my attacker off of me.

I owned a gun and had been trained on how to use it. I know how to safely carry and that a gun is a serious and significant weapon; it is not to be used carelessly. Naysayers and people with opposing opinions may try to undermine my situation with hypotheticals. I cannot answer these questions. All I can do is tell the facts of my story and the true account of how I saved my own life.

What I want you to know on Gun Awareness Day is that a gun in the hands of a potential victim is not improperly placed; it can be the only thing keeping her from being brutally raped and murdered.

Without my gun, I would not be alive today.

Guns are not the problem in America; men like my attacker -- who are willing to violently change one person’s life for no reason except for pure evil – are the problem.

Be safe at all times. Be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Always be able to protect yourself. Refuse to be a victim, and instead be a fighter and a survivor. Live to tell your tale and make a criminal regret the day he chose you as a “soft target.” My gun saved my life, and one could save yours too.
===============

Waking up to an armed intruder in your house would be any home owner’s worst nightmare. If you’re a single mother with two young kids in the house, finding a man wielding a machete in your bedroom closet immediately kicks you into “momma bear” mode.

That’s what happened to a California woman who woke up to the sound of a man rummaging through her walk-in closet. The thief — Ocean Burger (his name, not a restaurant) — was armed with a number of knives and a machete when the un-named woman grabbed a handgun and confronted him.

From ksbw.com . . .

[Investigators] say Burger ignored orders to leave and when the homeowner fired several warning shots he allegedly advanced towards her, that’s when the mother fired at the accused burglar hitting him in the leg. And California law may be on her side.

Warning shots are never a good idea and could even put you in legal jeopardy in many jurisdictions. In this case, they not only wasted perfectly good (and expensive) ammunition, but probably led Burger to believe she wasn’t serious about actually shooting him.

After advancing on the woman, the round in his leg apparently convinced Burger that he was wrong.

The good news is California actually has a castle doctrine law on the books. The woman had no duty to retreat and was legally justified in using deadly force to defend herself and her children.

“There is a presumption that favors the homeowner they’re presumed that the person is in imminent fear of either death or great bodily injury,” said Ellen Campos, assistant district attorney for San Benito county. …

California Woman Shoots Machete-Wielding Burglar She Found in Her Closet - The Truth About Guns

=============

One wonders why they always refer to filthy scum as gentlemen?

Guns by themselves cannot do anything ....
True.
Stop letting violent criminals go free.
Stop selling guns to a frustrated, undertrodden, underpriveliged, poverty-struck, racially-profiled, inferior-educated, violently criminal nation. Either give Americans a decent education, Democracy and a fair chance ..... or remove guns .. because "guns by themselves cannot do anything".

True.

Stop selling guns to a frustrated, undertrodden, underpriveliged, poverty-struck, racially-profiled, inferior-educated, violently criminal nation. Either give Americans a decent education, Democracy and a fair chance ..... or remove guns .. because "guns by themselves cannot do anything".

That is why law abiding citizens own them.......they use them to stop rapes, murders, robberies, beatings and stabbings, and the presence of a well armed citizenry keeps our government from murdering 15 million innocent men, women and children the way the European governments did.......

That is why law abiding citizens own them.......they use them to stop rapes, murders, robberies, beatings and stabbings,
Shazam! There must be a whole lot of rapists, murderers, robbers, beaters and stabbers to eliminate in the AMERICAN kindergartens, primary schools, junior high schools, high schools, colleges, universities, post offices, churches, traffic jams, subways and shopping malls!
and the presence of a well armed citizenry keeps our government from murdering 15 million innocent men, women and children the way the European governments did.......
Well, l'm glad it's you who is comparing the daily shoot-em-ups in the US with World Wars. By the way .... how many millions of innocent men, women, and children have the United Snakes illegally murdered in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Cuba, Serbia, Grenada, Libya, Syria, etc? Note that Europe doesn't have all of that "well-armed citizenry" you speak of yet we aren't murdering ourselves like the US is. Strange isn't it?! You've got the guns and we don't but it's you lot who's "murdering innocent men, women and children" on a daily basis. B-b-b-but you people are "stopping crime", that's what you told me anyway. Who'd have thunk there would be so much violent killings with all of those guns you've got! :auiqs.jpg:

Yep....which is why women, and the elderly, the physically handicapped or people with injuries benefit the most from gun ownership.......
REALLY? So it's "the elderly, the physically handicapped or people with injuries" who are blasting up and blood-bathing the AMERICAN kindergartens, primary schools, junior high schools, high schools, colleges, universities, post offices, churches, traffic jams, subways and shopping malls?

Well, I'll be damned! :omg:

REALLY? So it's "the elderly, the physically handicapped or people with injuries" who are blasting up and blood-bathing the AMERICAN kindergartens, primary schools, junior high schools, high schools, colleges, universities, post offices, churches, traffic jams, subways and shopping malls?

Well, I'll be damned! :omg:

No....that is why taking guns away from them is stupid.

By the way.......the actual numbers...

Mass public shootings in 2021...... 6

Total killed, 43

So sell your hysteria about mass public shootings to biden voters....

The rest of the gun shootings, 70-90 percent of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals...of the rest, the majority of the victims are the family, and friends of criminals hit by mistake when their criminal family member or friend is shot at.....

For your information...mass public shooting deaths by year...

330 million Americans......how many committed mass public shootings in 2021....

How many did they murder....

Deer kill 200 people a year.....

Lawn mowers between 90-100 people a year....

Ladders 300 people a year....

bathtubs 350 people a year...

Cars killed over 39,000 people in 2019...

So....6 people in a country of over 330 million committed mass public shootings....and for this, you think we should ban 600 million guns...?

Total number of people killed in mass public shootings by year...

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Shazam! There must be a whole lot of rapists, murderers, robbers, beaters and stabbers to eliminate in the AMERICAN kindergartens, primary schools, junior high schools, high schools, colleges, universities, post offices, churches, traffic jams, subways and shopping malls!

Well, l'm glad it's you who is comparing the daily shoot-em-ups in the US with World Wars. By the way .... how many millions of innocent men, women, and children have the United Snakes illegally murdered in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Cuba, Serbia, Grenada, Libya, Syria, etc? Note that Europe doesn't have all of that "well-armed citizenry" you speak of yet we aren't murdering ourselves like the US is. Strange isn't it?! You've got the guns and we don't but it's you lot who's "murdering innocent men, women and children" on a daily basis. B-b-b-but you people are "stopping crime", that's what you told me anyway. Who'd have thunk there would be so much violent killings with all of those guns you've got! :auiqs.jpg:

You think that British criminals don't have guns? They simply don't use their illegal guns for murder........

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.

==========

I am not the one pushing for disarming civilian populations...you and your European friends are...you know, the countries that murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children, not as collateral damage in military actions, but lined up and shot, or shipped off to death camps....that was you, not us.....and the various countries you just named? All had unarmed civilian populations and they suffered murder by their governments...so you really aren't selling giving up our guns with a lot of good examples.....

We had 10,258 gun murders in 2019...

According to the Centers for Disease Control, Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings and stabbings.......

Can you tell which number is bigger? And when you add to the fact that 70-90% of the victims of gun murder in this country are criminals.....and the murder is confined to tiny areas of mostly democrat party controlled cities....you get the actual picture....

Stay out of democrat party cities, those tiny, multi block areas in those cities...and the rest of the U.S. is safer than Europe........

Forum List

Back